Duke Nukem Messes With Timestream in Comic Mini-Series

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Duke Nukem Messes With Timestream in Comic Mini-Series

Duke Nukem has some time traveling to do in his upcoming comic book mini-series.

Duke Nukem Forever [http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Nukem-Forever-Pc/dp/B002I0JAJ2] isn't the only adventure Duke Nukem will be embarking upon this summer. He's also got a comic book mini-series called Duke Nukem: Glorious Bastard coming from IDW Publishing that'll expand further on his legacy. What's going to be in it? I thought you'd never ask.

Writer Tom Waltz talked to Comic Book Resources about the four-issue mini-series that he called "fun as hell to write." He revealed that Glorious Bastard will begin with Duke just hanging around in his mansion, drinking and enjoying the company of many females, when a 90+ year-old French woman appears and flatlines the party. She reveals that she and Duke helped to repel an alien invasion back in 1945 Nazi Germany, and she has to bring him back in time to ensure that this victory becomes cemented within the timestream. It doesn't make much sense in regards to the natural flow of time because... ah forget it, it's Duke Nukem. He can do what he wants.

[gallery=223]

CBR also received two preview pages of Glorious Bastard in black-and-white with no text from artist Xermanico. Duke Nukem looks a little evil in black-and-white, I've got to say, especially with passed-out drunk women strewn about his bedroom.

The videogame industry has been putting out some decent comic books lately, including those for Deus Ex: Human Revolution [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Xbox-360/dp/B004FYEZMQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1304214969&sr=1-4] (which is my favorite). I sincerely hope that the Duke doesn't let us down with his future effort, set to hit comic book shelves in July. Duke Nukem Forever is scheduled to hit a month earlier on June 14.

Source: Comic Book Resources [http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32084]

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
Wait what.

He helped her stop the aliens, so in the future she goes to him to get him to go back and help her, so in the future she goes to him to get him to go back and help her, so in the future she...

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
bob1052 said:
Wait what.

He helped her stop the aliens, so in the future she goes to him to get him to go back and help her, so in the future she goes to him to get him to go back and help her, so in the future she...
It's Duke Nukem, he does not have to be constrained by your puny logic and physics, he is just that good.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Alphakirby said:
Duke,TIME TRAVELLING!? we. are. fucked.
not to worry, for we are protected on the time traveling front

by Time-Space Marine Extraordinaire Sergeant Cortez

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
teh_Canape said:
Alphakirby said:
Duke,TIME TRAVELLING!? we. are. fucked.
not to worry, for we are protected on the time traveling front

by Time-Space Marine Extraordinaire Sergeant Cortez
Even duke has trouble competing with timesplitters.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I'll be sure to look that up. I get an idea where it is going from the title alone. And I like it.
bob1052 said:
Wait what.

Medic!

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Oh boy, here comes the paradoxes!
[sub]A brilliant idea nonetheless, although I forsee Nazi humour >.>[/sub]

tjs09

Aug 23, 2010
Duke Nukem can't travel through time, he wasn't certified by the TWT. When the time-space continuum is disturbed by an uncertified object weighing more then 32kg (which I'm sure Duke does), he can alter the base reactor core of the Mass Timestrand, causing years of maintenance to go to waste.
But I don't have time to explain this to you morons, I have to report this before we all get stuck in a timewarp
But I don't have time to explain this to you morons, I have to report this before we all get stuck in a timewarp

Comic looks great, though

Dukenstein

Jul 14, 2010
In the first black and white pic, you can see the Fifa World Cup. Duke scored the winning goal...as the goalie.

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
Nouw said:
Oh boy, here comes the paradoxes!
[sub]A brilliant idea nonetheless, although I forsee Nazi humour >.>[/sub]
"I did Nazi that coming"

Something like that?