Assassin's Creed Reveal Coming If Enough People Want It

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Assassin's Creed Reveal Coming If Enough People Want It

Helping to bring a future Assassin's Creed game to light is as easy as clicking a button.

On April 29, Ubisoft may have Assassin's Creed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109676-Report-Ubisoft-Accidentally-Reveals-Next-Assassins-Creed] game too early. Shortly after, however, it put the pieces in place on Facebook to make an official announcement.

You have to help out though. Head on over to the Assassin's Creed Facebook page [http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed?sk=app_150031305061905], and once you're there click the "Like" button. That's it, you're done. Wasn't so hard, eh?

An "activity monitor" is currently filling up as people "like" the page, supposedly leading to the reveal of a title that may be called Assassin's Creed: Revelations. As of this writing, it's 41% full after a couple of days, so in another day or three we should learn what it's all about.

The page is currently showing an animus video of what looks like a blob, and, I guess some lines. Maybe a window. Someone might be near a window, or a lamp. Every once in a while, characters pop up that my brain is just not fast enough to read.

Anyway, share the news and get all of your friends to like this page so we can learn where the Assassin's Creed franchise is moving next. The word Revelations implies that something special is going to be revealed in the game, but if that's the actual title, it's notably not Assassin's Creed III. It could be another sort-of sequel thing similar to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood [http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Playstation-3/dp/B003L8DXOI], which may not have had a numeral attached to it but was still a fun Assassin's Creed game.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
ugh dammit, are all game reveals gonna do this now? making people click like on facebook?

Voration

Jan 13, 2010
The characters that pop up are some sort of indian text so I have no hope of reading it anyway. Translator anyone?

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Great... now it's not enough to wait for the next game... We actually have to work for it...

What's next? Forcing us to program the architecture of 1914 Paris and London for Assassin's Creed 5 4?

EDIT:
Voration said:
The characters that pop up are some sort of indian text so I have no hope of reading it anyway. Translator anyone?
If it's the script that's in the image, that's Arabic...

KissofKetchup

May 26, 2008
Voration said:
Actually, it's Arabic

SOMEONE TRANSLATE IT!!!!

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
we're extending blatant operant conditioning to advertising now?

...and its working?

fantastic. well i still dont involve myself with anything facebook related, not that it will matter. i wonder what we'll be doing next; a billion google-searches for the right to digital download? paying advertising costs to unlock some DLC?

who knows what the future holds?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Nah, fuck you Ubisoft. What are they going to do? Not announce what they've been working on for however long if enough people don't fucking 'like' it? Yeah fucking right.

Idiots.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Is that a new trend that gaming companies use now Facebook to advertise their games?
I don't really like it, that they use us this way to advertise their games...But I still clicked the like button because I want to play the next game :)

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
KissofKetchup said:
Voration said:
Actually, it's Arabic

SOMEONE TRANSLATE IT!!!!
Maybe this is actually that 3DS game they haven't talked about in forever? The one that has Ezio going to Masyaf? Because I've been waiting a really fucking long time for that game.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
As long as this game is not going to get it's juice from side-quests in disguise, I say let's get on with it.

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
Am I the only tired about this 'If we get one million likes on facebook we'll totally show you stuff' ?

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
As soon as I saw the "if enough people want it" I knew it would be Facebook related >_<, c'mon developers!

But a new AC is always welcome in my books :D

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I want a Charleston-based assassin who's also a pirate. If I keep saying it, it will become true.

Of course I want more Assassin's Creed. Ever since the massive changes from the first to the second game, it's been my second favorite game series of the last five years.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Oh that's just great. But what about the people that don't have Facebook, like me and... Well, I'm the only one but I still feel excluded :(

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
The page is currently showing an animus video of what looks like a blob, and, I guess some lines. Maybe a window. Someone might be near a window, or a lamp. Every once in a while, characters pop up that my brain is just not fast enough to read.
The Arabic (which is those squiggly lines) says Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

I REALLY hope its not another Altair game.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
I really wish people wouldn't hate on Ubisoft using Facebook as an advertising and marketing tool. It's just a way of drumming up interest. Valve had people buying games to unlock Portal 2 early, so this is a similar idea... Sort of =)

But yes, apparently, the characters say Altair's full name, so perhaps it's a return to his time... But maybe as the percentage increases, we'll see more...

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Arabic writing in the background implies that it may be something to do with the Middle East, potentially a new game revolving around Altair? Not that it would be a bad thing, of course, I actually liked him in the first game (though Ezio was still much better developed). Either way, as an AC fanboy I'm pretty intrigued and excited by this news, can't wait to hear more! :D