Left 4 Dead Zombies Appear in Ocarina of Time's Kokiri Forest

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Left 4 Dead Zombies Appear in Ocarina of Time's Kokiri Forest

A custom Left 4 Dead 2 campaign takes us back into the Kokiri Forest but replaces its cute citizens with deadly zombies.

A new campaign add-on for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time [http://www.amazon.com/Left-4-Dead-2-Pc/dp/B002BRYXRQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1304267219&sr=1-2]. Navi's "Hey, listen!" might have gotten a little annoying while trying to play through the Zelda title, but at least she wasn't trying to eat your neck.

The "Kokiri Forest" campaign, named after Ocarina of Time's starting area, brings players from Link's treehouse all the way through the Forest Temple. The creator says that it features "puzzles, frustration, and exploration," in addition to Left 4 Dead's waves of zombies.

[gallery=224]

The attention to detail here is quite impressive, with the developer recreating everything from the Kokiri Forest's buildings to its boardwalk and that circle of rocks. It even has heart-shaped health containers and an appearance by the tri-force.

In Ocarina of Time, players defeat Phantom Ganon at the end of the Forest Temple. At the end of the Forest Temple in this mod, players face a boss named Phantom Louis as he floats around the map and fires lightning. After his defeat, you finish the campaign by moving into a beam of light. It's pretty awesome.

A group of players recorded their playthrough on YouTube, available below. As a warning, it includes all of their commentary.

Source: Left4Dead Maps [http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=10098]

Denizen

Jan 29, 2010
Oh God yes...

I've been waiting for another good custom l4d2 campaign.

Time to download, invite a friend and enjoy the map. Cheers Community :D

captcha: mythee recieved

darkbshadow

Nov 9, 2006
that's Awesome... times like this i wish you could download these mods to Consoles. Cause this mod looks awesome

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Holy... Fuck. My mind is blown. Now they need to do the rest of them so you can play Left for Dead: Ocarina of Blood

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
hurricanejbb said:
Someone contact Nintendo, tell them to hire this guy to work on the next Zelda game.
Oh, you joker... Nintendo doing something sensible... what a card you are.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Looks quite fun, though to be honest, i haven't played a single Zelda game, so i have no idea whatsoever what that campaign looks like.
On another note, can anyone suggest some really awesome and/or different custom campaigns for L4D2?
The boss battle in this one made me want to try out such stuff. Looks fun.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
hurricanejbb said:
Someone contact Nintendo, tell them to hire this guy to work on the next Zelda game.
Nintendo would probably sue them...

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
Wouldn't "Phantom Bill" make a tad more sense? Seeing how he is dead 'n' all....

(Yeah, I know Ganondorf isn't dead at the time and the Phantom is just a spirit "clone" used to guard the temple, but surely Bill would still work better)

MrPop

May 14, 2009
Watched it all. Awesome map.

The last boss looked hilarious and the main torch room in the Forest Temple looked like a lot of fun when it was sprawling with zombies.

Very funny how the boss music came on when the Tank came in.

Such good attention to detail.