7th Sea: the Fragments of Theus (Game Thread - Closed, Started)

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
"You have no idea."

'Tonight will be filled with almost getting castrated.' Reyes nodded, and chuckled lightly. Good to see she had a sense of humor. And probably a touchy past with prostitution, but he'd choose not to ask about that one. Regardless, less murder-ish look was a welcome sight. He watched as his previous companion tied her horse down, much like he did, and rejoined them offering her name.

"I'll join. And I'm Yvonne, Yvonne Descoteaux."

"That would be your name then." Reyes said, more to himself, following behind Beatrice to the tavern. Not high class, nor too poor. Reyes couldn't imagine the revenue they'd gotten earlier that night, but some would probably go towards renovations; the bar fight started around here after all. Reyes offered a smile towards the barkeep as Beatrice did the same, telling him who was going to pick up the check.

"Do you have a private table we could sit at? My friend there is going to be paying, so be sure to bring out the good stuff."

Reyes just offered a friendly wave, letting the sleeve drop a bit so he could take his hidden coin purse out. Precautions were always a good idea.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
[HEADING=2]The University[/HEADING]

"Know of a Lord Eckart von Hoch?" the priest asked one of the Eisen Servants. She stared at the priest for a moment before speaking up in a thick Eisen Accent. "I know of a Lord von Hoch." she said, looking inquisitive. "He's a lord from Wishe right?" she continued trying to help the guest however possible but unsure what to say. The lord wasn't here and, to her knowledge, hadn't even been invited: few Eisens were these days.

[HEADING=2]Guild of San Marcos[/HEADING]

"There's no need for violence, my friends. Leave now and you can keep your lives for another day." Safan said.

As he said it, another voice rang into the room, thick with Vodacce accent; the same voice as the man who'd advised Safan before. As he spoke, Rosemonde could feel the cold pressure of the business end of a pistol pressed into the back of her neck. "We did warn you" he said, almost dismissively. "But no; you couldn't just take the offer. Now we have to keep our word and work during a festival."

With that, Paretti reentered the guild hall - sword in one hand and a pistol in the other - and said "I believe I'd like a rematch." before firing his pistol at the Crescent swordsman's head.

[HEADING=2]Dock[/HEADING]

"Drop. Your. Sword." Garrett said, coldness in his voice.

The final pirate, weighed his options for a moment and said "done" before letting go of the blade "no amount of Guilders is worth dying over."

Adrianna, for her part, breathed a small sigh of relief and spoke up. "Thank you Senor... Ramirez?" she said with greater volume and presence than she had outside the guild, only just registering her savior. She quickly followed it up with a confused look continued. "How... Why are you at the docks?" she said, still not sure what was going on.

[HEADING=2]Tavern[/HEADING]

"Do you have a private table we could sit at? My friend there is going to be paying, so be sure to bring out the good stuff."

The Tavernkeep looked up at the small group. At first he was going to say they had no table for them with all the festivities until he saw the group itself. Clearly international and some were a good deal more wealthy than the common folk - especially the Vodacce looking woman who carried herself like someone used to nobility. Sensing a business opportunity, he quickly spoke up "Just a moment Senorita." then called over one of the servants.

A few brief words, some running, and a minute later and the servant returned nodding. "Please, follow Diana." he said, pointing at the servant. The Servant led them upstairs and to a small room. It was clear the room had only just become a serving location since it lacked the wear and tare of the tavern's main floor, but it was private and set up properly.

The Servant - hoping to keep her job - quickly asked what everyone wanted and took off to give privacy and get them their orders.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
"He's a lord from Wishe right?"

Erasmo sighed, this was getting him nowhere. If the Eisen Lord was here, the servant would have directed the priest-to-be to him. At least it He quickly replied, "Yes. Very good." With that, he made a hasty exit and walked back to the tavern in low spirits. He had been wandering for far too long, and if he kept this up, he would miss his chance. Wishe... It seemed that Erasmo had to return to that place once again. But for now, he would enjoy the festival and the company of those misfits. Erasmo entered the tavern and wiped his brow, no doubt aware that he was somewhat late. The bartender would probably know where the group had disappeared to and so the priest-in-training asked the man. It was obvious he was unsure about how to go about it.

"Excuse me... have you seen a group led by a woman of Voddace of a sly nature?" Erasmo asked.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Rosemonde considered her options for a split second. Stand still, and probably be executed anyways. No thank you.
Move. Depends on how fast he is with that trigger. I'll pass.
Or attack. We have a winner.
She sidestepped and quickly spun, bringing her pommel upwards, slamming it into the gunman's face. There was a satisfying crack as his cheekbone gave way.
"You could have walked away. He beat your master fair and square. But no, had to try and attack him." She ignored his response. Something unprintable, to be sure.
She heard the pistol shot, but had no time to look up. She was surrounded, and all three of them had pistols. The Cathay would be alright. She hoped.
"Three on one? This hardly seems fair. Tell you what-" she jabbed with her rapier, skewering the wrist of the man who'd snuck up on her. "-I'll wait here, and you three go find more friends."
The other two were beginning to try and aim at her, stupidly. She turned and lunged, putting her sword in the throat of the man on the right, then drew back, and jabbed into his upper leg, severing an artery. He stumbled to the ground, holding his new holes.

One down, one mostly helpless, and one to go. She turned, drawing her main gauche. The two remaining men were attempting to draw their swords.
"You know, I actually halfway admire you lot. You must have known you couldn't possibly kill a Knight of the Rose and Cross. But you tried anyways. I respect that." She stepped back, away from both of them, and allowed them to draw their swords. It was their turn to ignore her, apparently, as they simply started towards her.
The man whose wrist she'd skewered had to use his off-hand, and so his first swing was very clumsy. She stepped away from it, then lunged in and put her sword in his heart. He dropped, just as the other man was about to swing. She parried his strike, and slashed at his neck. He actually managed to avoid it, and instead she gave him a good gash across the cheek.
"Hey, you look like me now."
"BIT-" he started to shout. She put her rapier into his open mouth, and out the back of his throat. He gurgled, then went down.
"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that." She scowled at his corpse, wiped the blood off her sword onto his clothes, then turned to see what was going on between the Vodacce and the Cathay.

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
"I believe I'd like a rematch."

Surfan moved to the side as fast as he could, trying to move out of the bullet's path. He felt the sharp, burning projectile graze his cheek. The graze alone sent his head snapping to the side in pain but Surfan turned his head back towards Paretti and charged forward before the man could have a chance at reloading. He raised his swords and swung his left blade low and right blade high. Surfan would not hesitate to end this man's life now that he threatened his. Anger coursed through his veins.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
The last press-ganger stood in silence for a moment, with a sword pressed into his back, before finally relinquishing his blade to the floor and replying with a simple "Done." followed by "...no amount of Guilders is worth dying over." To this Garrett smiled, still with sword in hand in case the man tried anything.

"Good man, you've made a wise decision this day. Now, hand over the keys to those chains, and I'll let you be on your way." Garrett said with his free hand stretched out. Realizing that he'd be dead if he didn't comply, the ganger took the keys out of his pocket, and tossed them over to Garrett, who caught them.

"Wouldn't it be easier to just kill me?" The pirate asked, his hands in a surrender pose.

"True, it would be a hell of a lot easier; but, given that it is the New Year's celebrations, and a chance for a fresh start, I've decided to be a bit more honorable tonight. If it had been any other day, I probably would have knocked you unconscious, and let the city guard deal with you in whatever manner they deem appropriate. Now, off you go, before I change my mind." And with that, the ganger soon walked off down the street, leaving it just Adrianna, Garrett, and those bound in chains. It was at this moment that Adrianna finally spoke up.

"Thank you Senor... Ramirez?" Adrianna said with a surprised voice, much louder than she was earlier. She then followed it up with a look of confusion. "How... Why are you at the docks?" Garrett sheathed his swords, his hand still holding the keys.

"Me? Well to be honest, the fights at the Guild Hall weren't as interesting as I imagined; sure, they were entertaining, but when one of the fighters kills their opponent rather than simply drawing blood, it wasn't the fight I was expecting. Plus the Guild Hall was getting a bit stuffy for my tastes regarding such am event. So, I decided to get some fresh air, and perhaps find a little excitement, and it seems I found it in spades. But I think that the better question is, are you alright Señorita du Riche, they didn't hurt you in anyway?" Garrett asked in a concerned voice.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

She could tell that the barkeep was about to turn them away when he finally took a good look at them. With their various nationalities, and the fact that some of them looked like monied individuals, clearly changed his mind as he told them to wait just a moment. Within a few minutes, a servant girl by the name of Diana had come up to them, and led them upstairs and off to one side to a small, private room, which suited Beatrice fine.

When they all sat at the plain table in the middle of the room, Diana asked what they wanted, and Beatrice smiled.

"I'd like your best whiskey, if you don't mind. Oh, and if a priest ends up coming into the tavern, one from Vodacce, could you send him up?", she asked, politely.

As soon as everyone else told her what they wanted, Diana left, and Beatrice made a note to make sure she got a few extra coins from her at the very least. Then, she promptly leaned back in her chair and reached into her coat, pulling out both her matches and one of her hand-rolled cigarettes.

"I hope you three don't mind if I smoke. While I could probably give up drinking if I wanted, giving up smoking would be much, much harder.", she said, before placing the cigarette in her teeth and striking the match.

Once it was lit, she took a long drag as she quickly put the match out, tossing it in the small ashtray that was conveniently in the middle of the table. She sighed softly as she blew out a line of smoke, turning her head so that she didn't end up choking any of her new acquaintances, then smiled at them.

"So, I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Beatrice Fausti, Grand Sorte Witch from Vodacce. Hopefully you don't have a problem with me having magic.", she added, her smile widening just slightly, almost in a dare.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
And away the group went, led by a young barmaid (Or servant, whichever term was preferred), to a table upstairs. Plain, but private, Reyes thought. All took their seats, and Reyes was left to think about tips and prices. He was the only one who'd have to, after all...

"I'll take whiskey, don't care if it's the best." Reyes said, not the biggest drinker. Rose was though. Probably not his fault, hopefully at least. He spared a thought wondering what she was doing, but concluded it probably involved swords and blood and drinking. Maybe all three? Regardless, someone not her was dead, of that all could be sure.

"So, I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Beatrice Fausti, Grant Sorte Witch from Vodacce. Hopefully you don't have a problem with me having magic."

Reyes shifted in his seat after hearing that, and if one was paying attention it was the first time his smile cocmpletely dropped. Wildly illegal magic being brought up wasn't new, it was just... that kind of magic. Rose would hit him if he gave away any secrets, but knowing stuff like that and being unable to do anything always killed him so much inside.

"Are we giving away our magical abilities? I practice the 'forgotten' art of Duman'kir. In case any of you were still curious about earlier mists." Reyes put on a smile that didn't quite touch his eyes, "But, out of curiosity, how do you use your magic? I've always found myself wondering what it would be like to hold that power."

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

As soon as she introduced herself, she saw the grin on Reyes face drop, causing one of her eyebrows to wing up as she took another drag from her cigarette. She had a feeling that, for him, not smiling and hesitating to speak was rare. But, after a moment, he finally replied.

"Are we giving away our magical abilities? I practice the 'forgotten' art of Duman'kir. In case any of you were still curious about earlier mists. But, out of curiosity, how do you use your magic? I've always found myself wondering what it would be like to hold that power.".

He smiled again after that, but it was clear it wasn't genuine. With a small snort, her own smile widened a little more.

"I can't say, its a trade secret. And I also can't say that I've heard of Duman'kir, but you did say it was 'forgotten'.", she said, waving her free hand dismissively.

Then she turned to Renault.

"Now, as for you, I think it's fair to say that you aren't a mercenary, particularly after that rather impressive display with the horses. I'm pretty sure a real mercenary wouldn't do that without a chance of being paid for it. So, who are you exactly?", she asked.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011

As Safan rushed forward, Paretti made to block the blades, but not with his sword. The blade coming from above was deflected using the now empty pistol while the blade from below was stopped by a well placed boot as close to the hilt of the blade as possible. The actions weren't without their consequences however; he heard the barrel of the gun dent inward and felt the pain in his foot where the edge broke through his boot. Both his pistol and foot would need a break when the fight was over. Fortunately, if he had his way he wouldn't have to wait long.

With both of Safan's blades temporarily incapacitated, he thrust forward with his own sword, aiming for a killing stroke to the heart.

"Excuse me... have you seen a group led by a woman of Voddace of a sly nature?"

The barmaid looked confused for a moment before smiling and pointing toward the stairs "They said you'd be coming. They're upstairs in the first room on the left Father." she said than continued to get the requested drinks. She stopped for a moment and returned to the priest. "Would you like anything to eat or drink Father?"

After getting her answer, she continued and gathered all the drinks for their important guests and returned to the private room to deliver them.

[HEADING=2]Docks[/HEADING]

"...But I think that the better question is, are you alright Señorita du Riche, they didn't hurt you in anyway? Garrett said.

Adrianna shook her head saying "I'll be fine Señor; thank you." Truth told, the only injury she'd taken was to her pride - she should have been able to deal with all of them with ease. Shaking her head free of the thoughts, she turned to the swordsman and continued. "I hope you're also unharmed." she said, spotting the tear in his clothes from the bullet. She didn't see any blood, but hat didn't mean it wasn't there.

Feeling that a simple thank you was insufficient, Adrianna quickly thought over how she could properly thank the man for stepping in when he wasn't obligated and could have been hurt. Her mind went back to the characters from the book he appeared to be from, but dismissed the thoughts. They were both pure fantasy an far to embarrassing options. Instead, she decided on what any proper Castillian would offer. "Can I buy you a drink?"

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"I'll be fine Señor; thank you." Adrianna said after shaking her head, and then noticed the tear in Garrett's coat. "I hope you're also unharmed." Garrett soon looked at the hole again, trying to see if the bullet had actually hit him, and after not finding any signs of pain, or rather blood, soon turned back to Adrianna.

"It appears that I am unharmed, though this isn't the first time I've come close to taking a bullet, and no doubt it won't be the last." Then for a little while there was silence, no words passed, apart from the occasional mumbles from the folks in chains, which reminded the mercenary to free them in a bit.

"Can I buy you a drink?" Adrianna asked suddenly, bringing the peace to a close.

"I could certainly go for one after that scuffle, fighting can make anyone thirsty. But first, let me free these men from their suffering." He then went over to the group of four bound men, with keys in hand; the looks on their face appeared to be one of delight as their mumbles got louder.

"Alright lads, settle down and you'll be out of these shortly." Garrett said as he turned the key in each of the locks, as a satisfying click was heard. First was the manacles around the hands, soon as these came off, the men immediately took the gags out of their mouths, and one of them, a Highlander it seemed spoke first.

"Ah thank ya laddie, didn't know what was gonna happen if them pirates took us aboard, and if you hadn't arrived."

"No doubt a fate worse than death my good man." The other captives all gave their own measures of appreciation, and soon they all headed off in search of a nearby tavern to forget the terrible event. Undecided on what to do with the keys, Garrett returned them to his pocket, dusted himself down, and headed back to Adrianna.

"Now that the business is taken care of, let's go have a nice drink together. May I?" Garrett asked as he offered an arm.

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Paretti blocked Surfan's attacks but not without denting his gun along with hurting his foot. Paretti surged forward, sword aiming to the heart. Surfan stepped sideways making the sword cutting through his vest and leaving a horizontal cut on his chest. It pained him a great deal but at least he wasn't dead. With Paretti closer, Surfan stamped on Paretti's own injured foot and delivered put forth an uppercut with his right hand using the hilt of the sword for extra damage. He needed the fight to end quickly if he wanted to survive.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
The barmaid led them to a private room, plain and scantly furnished, but it did give them privacy from the revelers downstairs. The barmaid asked them what they wanted to drink, Reyes was paying and Yvonne had to have a little petty revenge for him leaving her behind.

"I'll have the most expensive wine you have, preferably a red and bring the bottle." She replied, grinning at Reyes.

Both the Vodacce and Reyes had ordered whisky, something you had to have a taste for and build up a resistence to, something Yvonne lacked, she would be out after a couple of shots. Anyone, wine was much more easier on the palette.

"So, I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Beatrice Fausti, Grand Sorte Witch from Vodacce. Hopefully you don't have a problem with me having magic." she added, her smile widening just slightly, almost in a dare.

Was she the one that had found order within pandemonium earlier? Reyes shifted in his seat, did he not like the thought of drinking with a practitioner of such illegal and ambiguous magic? She smirked as she imaged the look on his face when she revealed her magic.

"Are we giving away our magical abilities? I practice the 'forgotten' art of Duman'kir. In case any of you were still curious about earlier mists." Reyes put on a smile that didn't quite touch his eyes.

"Gone but not forgotten," She quickly chimmed in, "If we are having a little magic show and tell, I'm a Porte mage, I would show it off like the two off you have already, but I think that would put us all off our drinks." She said with a wink.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
The tavern the group filed into was typical Castillian fare: loud, rowdy, packed with lots of fancy decorations, and, if the expressions of the patrons getting their tabs were any indication, horribly overpriced. At least Renault wasn't the one footing the bill, at least not this time around. The barman gave them a look-over and herded them into a room on the upper floor, leaving with a satisfied expression. Clearly he was expecting quite a payday from this encounter, and if Renault had his way, he was right.

After ordering a bottle of whiskey for himself, he sat back and let the other members of the group introduce themselves. The Crescent man was a mage, apparently, and mages in forgotten magics tended to be looked on with little love by the Inquisition. He'd have to keep an eye on this one - Renault got the impression he was liable to swipe anything not nailed down, given the chance, let alone the trouble he could cause with the Church.

The woman he came with introduced herself as a Porte mage. He didn't doubt her hesitation to use her magic - Porte was unpleasant business. While it made covert movement easy, the... voices... could be hard to forget. He couldn't tell if she was a noble or not, as she wasn't speaking their native language, but the accent wasn't hard to place - she was definitely from one of the cities. Aside from that, she carried a rapier, and a porte mage would almost certainly have another weapon hidden somewhere distant.

What interested him the most, however, was the Fate Witch. After she confirmed his suspicions(not that it was hard to guess if you were paying attention), she seemed to reciprocate his interest with a rather biting question. "Now, as for you, I think it's fair to say that you aren't a mercenary, particularly after that rather impressive display with the horses. I'm pretty sure a real mercenary wouldn't do that without a chance of being paid for it. So, who are you exactly?"

"Now, see, I resent that remark. I've told nothing but the truth." He gave a bit of a nervous chuckle and took a swig of his wine, trying to make himself seem harmless. Most people would likely take his next statement the wrong way. "Even if I did omit a few inconvenient details. Assassins are technically a form of mercenary, no?"

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

Before Renault could reply, Yvonne piped up herself, revealing the fact that there were three mage's in that room alone, a prize that any Inquisition party would most definitely kill for.

"Gone but not forgotten. If we are having a little magic show and tell, I'm a Porte mage, I would show it off like the two off you have already, but I think that would put us all off our drinks.".

Then she winked, making the Sorte Witch chuckle softly. Porte was far more familiar to her than Duman'kir, and though the act of tearing bleeding, screaming portals didn't have much appeal to her, she could definitely see the practicality of it. Still, Porte had a darker reputation than her own school of magic as far as she knew. Still, she was from Vodacce, so that may just be a matter of perspective, she mused.

After that, Renault finally gave her an answer to her inquiry.

"Now, see, I resent that remark. I've told nothing but the truth. Even if I did omit a few inconvenient details. Assassins are technically a form of mercenary, no?".

At that, Beatrice simply gave an easy shrug.

"I suppose, though I imagine a lot of assassins would beg to differ. So, what brings you to Altamira, and so heavily armed at that, Renault? In fact, what brings you here, Reyes, Yvonne?", she asked, directing the last to the other two in their group.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
"I can't say, its a trade secret. And I also can't say that I've heard of Duman'kir, but you did say it was 'forgotten'."

'Somebody say it...'

"Gone but not forgotten. If we are having a little magic show and tell, I'm a Porte mage, I would show it off like the two off you have already, but I think that would put us all off our drinks."

'There's the joke. And a horrifying new detail.' Reyes held in his sigh. Porte and Sorte, both fun to say, both hunted by the Inquisition, and both having the same problem. Why couldn't he meet a guy who used Glamour? At this rate he'd run into someone with Infuego magic to complete the set of despicable.

"Now, see, I resent that remark. I've told nothing but the truth. Even if I did omit a few inconvenient details. Assassins are technically a form of mercenary, no?"

"A tad less honest, but a lot more useful. Still, I can respect the profession." Reyes said, his smile returning and his mind turning to acceptance.

"I suppose, though I imagine a lot of assassins would beg to differ. So, what brings you to Altamira, and so heavily armed at that, Renault? In fact, what brings you here, Reyes, Yvonne?"

"Hm? Ah, simply my job. Delivered my goods, now I'm off to restock. Then on to Eisen with my lovely assistant, dodging Inquisition along the way. Fun, really." Reyes said, almost entirely back to his normal jovial and enigmatic self.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
"Now, see, I resent that remark. I've told nothing but the truth." He gave a bit of a nervous chuckle and took a swig of his wine, trying to make himself seem harmless. Most people would likely take his next statement the wrong way. "Even if I did omit a few inconvenient details. Assassins are technically a form of mercenary, no?"

"Yes, but even mercenaries have a sordid sense of honor, could you say the same monsieur?" She quipped back.

"I suppose, though I imagine a lot of assassins would beg to differ. So, what brings you to Altamira, and so heavily armed at that, Renault? In fact, what brings you here, Reyes, Yvonne?" She asked, directing the last to the other two in their group.

"The celebrations of course! Who would want to miss El Año Nuevo. A superb opportunity to meet old friends and make some new ones," She replied to Beatrice, "And you Madame Witch? What brings you here?" She asked after taking a sip of her wine.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
"They said you'd be coming. They're upstairs in the first room on the left Father... Would you like anything to eat or drink Father?"

Erasmo got his answered and answered in turn, "Thank you, although there is no need for that title, thank you for the consideration." He stumbled out of saying yet another thank you to the servant girl as he made his way to upstairs, to the first room on the left as the girl had told him. The room was full of conversation and the priest-in-training cringed at the thought of barging in. Then again, he would have to do that in order to make his presence known. Erasmo steeled himself; he would barge in the most graceful and courteous way possible, if there was such a thing.

Erasmo let himself in, but not without introducing himself, "Good evening, I have returned. To those that do not know, I am Erasmo. I'm afraid you all will have to introduce yourselves once more, save Signorina Fausti."

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

Beatrice glanced over at Reyes as he responded to her question before the others.

"Hm? Ah, simply my job. Delivered my goods, now I'm off to restock. Then on to Eisen with my lovely assistant, dodging Inquisition along the way. Fun, really.".

Well, that certainly wasn't suspect at all, she thought blandly. Still, it could simply make him a merchant of some kind, so she shouldn't jump to any conclusions. As it was, her expression didn't waver in the slightest, and she nodded in mild interest before turning to Yvonne as she answered herself.

"The celebrations of course! Who would want to miss El Año Nuevo. A superb opportunity to meet old friends and make some new ones. And you Madame Witch? What brings you here?".

At that, she had to laugh, but before she could say, the door to the room opened and Erasmo promptly stepped inside and introduced himself. With a wide smile, she nodded and motioned for him to sit down.

"Erasmo! There you are. Come, sit, drink something! This here is Reyes, Yvonne, and Renault.", she said, gesturing to each with her free hand while she held her cigarette in the other.

As the priest-in-training sat, she turned back to Yvonne.

"As for why I'm here, I've been traveling Theah for some time now. Seeing the sights, eating and drinking the local fare, and of course, living as well as I can while I do.", she added with a light laugh.

Then she looked over at Erasmo and took a quick inhale of smoke from her cigarette.

"So, what about you Erasmo? Renault? What brings you two to the city?", she inquired as she exhaled a perfect ring of smoke to one side.

hiei82

Aug 10, 2011
[HEADING=2]Docks[/HEADING]

"Now that the business is taken care of, let's go have a nice drink together. May I?" Garrett asked as he offered an arm.

Adrianna slipped her blades back into the folds of her dress and took the hand; mostly to be polite. "Thank you Señor" she said, before leading the way back toward El Paseo Largo. "I know of a good tavern around." she continued, clarifying the statement.

It didn't take long to reach the tavern; even with the crowds. Most of the crowds were now busy making there way toward balconies where they could get a better view of the fireworks; something Adrianna as part of the wedding party, didn't need to worry about. Besides, they still had some time before the fireworks would begin.

The tavern was, in a word, busy. More than a hundred people seemed to be jammed into the tiny space, yet there seemed to be more than enough alcohol to keep the place occupied for the next week; much less the rest of the night. Upon entering, the barkeep seemed to notice her instantly. It wasn't a rare occurrence by any means for a person to recognize her - her family was fairly important in the area after all - but the fact he seemed overjoyed (and more than a little prepared) was jarring.

A quick word to a barmaid (which sent her running up the stairs) and he was over to them. "Senorita du Riche; what a pleasure to see you. I'll have a table set up for you in just a moment" he said, before returning to the crowd. Less than a minute later, the Barmaid returned and guided them upstairs and to the seconds room on the left. She took their drink requests and left in a hurry - apparently the people in the first room on the left required more drink soon.

The uppercut sent Paretti reeling, knocking the swordsman from his feet. With the blow, he lost his grip on his pistol which flew across the room in a different direction. When it was over, Paretti lay on his back near the entrance; mere inches from the Knight of the Rose and Cross who'd ruined nearly everything. Seeing his knocked out allies, he quickly reached out to grab one of their pistols and point it at the Knight; intending to get at least a little vengeance.

Either of you can finish him as you see fit 0 killing or K.O.ing

Aside from the sounds of another set of guests being set up upstairs and the general rabble of the crowd outside their window, the room's only sound was the conversation. At least, that was true until a knock came at the door "Do you want anything else." Diana called in.