7th Sea: the Fragments of Theus (Game Thread - Closed, Started)

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
2,463
0
0
[HEADING=2]The University[/HEADING]

With the crowd now settled, the guards did their best to reinforce the defacto shelter. Fortunately, aside from the Montaigne mage, the pirates were keeping their distance from the university; which gave them plenty of time to reinforce their position. With the increased protection came a yet calmer crowd; despite the roar of cannons in the distance.

Of course, likewise with the increased security, came other problems. It wasn't long before a young blond Vendel man and an older Castillian - both dressed in their formal best and carrying guns and swords - burst from the central rooms of the university; intent on their own foolish actions. The older of the obviously noble men had an unmistakable fire in his eyes and seemed ready to kill anyone who got in his way. This wouldn't be so much of a problem were it not for the dozen or so people actively trying to prevent him from leaving. The Vendel man seemed more reluctant; apparently less used to his weapons and driven more by obligation than the elder man.

While this happened, El Vago was busy getting information from those in charge, trying not to draw the attention of anyone who might recognize her; thus far with some success. When this was done, many of the nobles broke away to return to the more pressing concerns of organizing a counter to the pirates or, in the case of many of them, hiding within the buildings.

Alejandro however remained; having spotted Alec waiting to speak with him. "Mr. Reiss; I trust you're well. I'm sorry if I must be brief; there is much to do. How can I help you?"

[HEADING=2]The Docks[/HEADING]

The bandaged man wasn't in a particularly good mood. The job itself was going quite well, but the gunman had managed to elude him, a knight was between them, and "his" goal was just out of his reach. Fortuitously, the gunman was still reloading, his goal wasn't far, and the knight... well she wasn't much of a concern. Even beneath the bandages, it was clear the bandaged man was smiling.

The man moved into a guarded stance with one sword at the ready then tossed one of his blades into the air. The moment it left his hand, the bandaged man pulled a small object from his sleeve with his now free hand and tossed in Rose and Renault's direction. He then caught the blade, spun to face Surfan, and charged the Yael user. The moment he did, the small object - a strange red sphere cracked; releasing a bright flash of light and explosive sound.

The moment he reached Surfan, he swung his blades down, screaming "Die boy!"

[HEADING=2]Ship[/HEADING]

As Reyes moved about the bottom deck, it quickly became clear the woman wasn't in any of the cells. While each of the cells had people within - whether disobedient pirates or captured Castillian's was not immediately clear. However, before he could move up to the next deck in search of more possible locations, he could hear a familiar voice two or three decks above speak. "I don't suppose any of you could tell me where the toilets are?"

The source of the voice of course had her own problems. Before her were a number of pirates, each looking slightly confused but more than well armed enough to pose a threat. Among them however was a particularly confused looking Montaigne man with distinctly red hands. He took one look at the fellow Porte mage, frowned, and took off further into the ship.
 

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
Apr 20, 2020
2,615
0
0
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
Whilst everyone was busy hounding El Vago for information regarding the situation in the city down below; Garrett was sitting back and listening to the conversations of the crowds around him, and it seemed as though no one was paying him much attention, despite the fact he was clearly well armed.

From what he could hear, mere minutes before they arrived, a man dressed in the guise of a Montaigne nobleman had kidnapped the bride and then escaped using Porte magic. Thinking over what had occurred, Garrett theorized that the kidnapping and the pirate attack had to be connected in someway.

"A distraction perhaps?" Garrett asked himself.

"A ludicrous idea, after all, so many witnesses here and given the coverage of this event, it would be hard to cover up. Although it could be something akin to a distraction. I shall have to think on this more once the panic is over. Regardless, Adrianna is quite possibly going to be distraught when hearing this; she did mention that she and the bride were friends earlier." He then added. Garrett was going to think over some more things, when a new commotion arose.

Appearing from one of the central rooms did two men appear, each armed. Fortunately a crowd of a dozen or so people appeared to be in their way. Garrett decided he'd investigate the matter as well.

As he approached, Garrett could see one was a Castille gentleman who was a few years older than he was; and with eyes filled with a burning passion, a passion to escape by any means necessary. Meanwhile the other appeared to be a younger gentleman, possibly from either Vendel or Ussura. He lacked the enthusiasm of his older compatriot, clutching his sword and pistol with less skill.

Garrett leaned back on a nearby column with his arms crossed and called out to the crowd.

"Break it up over there ladies and gents, its obvious these men are in a hurry to leave. Though given the situation outside, I'd highly advise against that notion."
 

Arcanist

New member
Feb 24, 2010
606
0
0
The bandaged man seemed to be giving ground. Against two trained, armed assailants, it seemed even he couldn't hold his ground forever, with Renault's probing strikes refusing to let up. However, just as it seemed the pair were finally starting to gain an advantage, Theus decided to be a fickle ***** once more. With a flourish, the bandaged man threw one of his swords into the air, and in the same motion threw a crackling red orb from his sleeve.

Knowing it could only spell trouble, Renault dove low to the ground, pulling his cloak over his head to shield himself. A thundering crack emanated to his side, making his ears hum in protest, but he forced himself onward. The bandaged man charged to meet the other Crescent swordsman in melee. Renault followed in pursuit, bringing his rifle to the ready. If he thought a few cantrips and dirty tricks could win him a fight on their own, he was going to be sorely mistaken.

Charging to the bandaged man's side, Renault brought the butt of his rifle to bear, rushing in with all of his strength and weight, aiming squarely for the poor sod's chest.
 

Mr.Ivebeenframed

New member
Jan 6, 2011
1,483
0
0
Surfan watched as the bandaged man attacked the most obvious target which was the musketman who had joined their fight. He used a pirate to shield himself before charging the man but then the knight intervened. It seemed that the bandaged man had enough and chucked some sort of device into the air resulting in a blast of light and sound. But Surfan knew who would be the next target.

"Die boy!"

The bandaged man swung at him with both his swords downwards. Instinctively, Surfan brought his right leg around not in an attempt to kick the man but an attempt to dodge the attack using the new momentum to try and spin himself over the blades. He brought his other leg around and tilted himself back to avoid the swords. This was a maneuver Wassif taught Surfan. The hardest part was landing his short spin. Surfan landed on his left knee with some pain but enough time to bring up his swords to stop the bandaged man's own pair of swords from falling into him. There was a loud clash as the blades collided with each other. To Surfan's surprise, his blades held their own against his opponent for the time being at least. Surfan looked up into the man's eyes who seemed so familiar. He swore that he had seen those eyes somewhere.

"Who... are you?!" Surfan yelled as he tried to keep his blades up.
 

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
1,285
0
0
~Beatrice~

"Enough has been said about my speech, lest the compliments become a speech themselves. But, thank you.".

At that, at his awkward yet charming smile, she had to smirk, and patted him softly on the back. "Don't be so modest. Keeping a University full of panicking people calm is no small feat.", she told him easily.

Not long after she said that had she turned at the sound of bursting doors, and a pair of men had strode out from one of the central rooms. One was a young Vendel, the other an older Castillian, the latter clearly having blood in his eye, and was ready to use the weapons he had out if given a reason. Wrapping an arm around Erasmo's shoulders, she carefully steered them both out of the way of the two men, before glancing at the exit.

Possibly looking for the missing bride. She watched after them thoughtfully until an idea came to her, and she gave the priest-in-training a sidelong glance.

"Erasmo. I have an idea on how to find the missing bride. I need you to get the groom, and find us a nice, high point in the university, someplace private where I can see the whole city. In fact, if you can, bring me the brides father too. I have a feeling I can Sorte this out.", she said, before she let him go and started to rifle through her coat pocket for another cigarette.

She also had a feeling that the two men that had burst out earlier might become a problem, and she may need to think of a distraction. And a smoke would certainly help her concentrate.
 

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
2,105
0
0
"Don't be so modest. Keeping a University full of panicking people calm is no small feat."

There she went, doing the exact opposite of he said. Neither that nor the pat on the back, nor the entry of the Vendel and the Castillian, nor the gentle tug from Beatrice helped matters. Especially the gentle tug. It only served to make Erasmo feel more uncomfortable and it steered him away from the two that had burst of the central room. His curiosity urged him towards them and the newcomer who had called out to the crowd. But, of course, Beatrice had to intervene. His face shrunk down to a neutral expression with a shadow of a smile. The change wasn't born of malice, but of deep thought.

"Erasmo. I have an idea on how to find the missing bride. I need you to get the groom, and find us a nice, high point in the university, someplace private where I can see the whole city. In fact, if you can, bring me the brides father too. I have a feeling I can Sorte this out."

She glanced upon him and spoke her mind. While he was opposed to Sorcery and the likes, he couldn't help but see the benefits. The return of the bride could only be a good thing. However, Beatrice was asking him participate in her plan. That was the main problem. If she hadn't, he could simply watch. In either case, Erasmo couldn't oppose Beatrice with force. That was certain. Nevertheless, it was said that sometimes inaction is the worst option... He swallow, trying to force the fear and doubt down. 'Theus forgives... But will she?' Erasmo thought. However, he had made up his mind before that burning question had entered it.

"I will try my best." Erasmo calmly responded and broke off from her, to do as was told.

The priest-in-training already had an idea for the second objective - surely one of the bell towers of the La Trinidad Cathedral would do? As for finding the groom. Well, that was what he was trying to do. The future father-in-law of the bride could wait. After all, the Sorte Witch had requested the groom first, and so Erasmo would go after him first. The priest-in-training considered it a small blessing that he had visited the University beforehand, before the chaos started. At least he knew the face of the man he was looking for. However, before Erasmo could find him, he found El Vago. Erasmo chose to ask the guardian angel of Castille a simple question, as if he were any other man. Suprise and shook would just waste time.

"Pardon me, have you seen the groom anywhere?" Erasmo enquired.
 

Ruedyn

New member
Jun 29, 2011
2,982
0
0
"I don't suppose any of you could tell me where the toilets are?"

"... Yvonne?" Reyes looked around confused, above him it sounded like. He thought invading the ship had been his thing... how disappointing. A final look around the room told him that none were the maiden who had been captured earlier... who even was she, and why was he bothering with this? He shook his head, mindless heroics, that was all.

He looked around, no keys for the cells, he could come back anyways. Reyes shook his head as he leapt into the air, his body bursting into mist as he rose through the cracks above him. The mist swirled around their feet for a moment, an attempt to get as much time as he could buy for her, and because he realized he was about to bear all to a group of criminals.

The mist came to a stop near the back corner of the room, and Reyes form became that of human again. He leaned against the wall, and looked around at the room of well armed criminals.

"... Good evening. Toilets are a floor below, third room on the left of the stairwell. There are no extra pants though."
 

deathbydeath

New member
Jun 28, 2010
1,363
0
0
"Mr. Reiss; I trust you're well. I'm sorry if I must be brief; there is much to do. How can I help you?"

Alec didn't like Alejandro's tone. The reason was more about its ominousness than implied disrespect, but Alec still wanted to get moving. "I am fine, sir. I understand your hurry, but I need to find the scribes that are transcribing our transaction. If you tell me where they are, I can ensure their sec trust this exchange is of importance to the both of us."
 

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
843
0
0
"... Good evening. Toilets are a floor below, third room on the left of the stairwell. There are no extra pants though."

Reyes! A naked Reyes had appeared from the floor of the deck! What was he doing here? Did that mean she would have to split the reward with him? The naked Crescent was just standing there, nonchalant as anything surrounded by a group of pirates, most of which had drawn their attention to him. Unarmed he was no help, but he did have his trump card: his mist form, that he had already given away with his little act of heroics.

"Reyes, if you plan to stun them into giving up looking like maybe you should have gone to a camper looking boat" She drew her rapier and clubbed one of the flabbergasted pirates around the head with its hilt, "But it looks like they're falling for you already."
 

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
2,463
0
0
[HEADING=2]The University[/HEADING]

"Break it up over there ladies and gents, its obvious these men are in a hurry to leave. Though given the situation outside, I'd highly advise against that notion." Garrett said, trying to free the armed and agitated men. The people trying to hold them back seemed less enthused by the idea than the two armed men however. "We cannot do that!" one of them yelled, before returning his attention to the two men. "All you're going to do is get yourselves killed. Aniya wouldn't have wanted that." he said, trying to calm them down.

The older Castillian responded in the way one might expect; by punching the speaker in the face. "She's not dead yet you dolt. I'm going to get her back and none of you will stop me." he said, though evidence suggested to the contrary. Despite his bravado, the man was clearly losing his struggle against the younger men and women around him.

The Vendel man proved a somewhat greater challenge to contain thanks to his youth, but his rage - if it existed - was much more contained. "If w- we act now; w- we can still rescue her." he said with more fear than calmness.

El Vago watched the exchange closely; and with no small degree of sadness. Aniya and her family were friends; seeing them in such dire straits was hardly a comfort. She didn't have much time for her thoughts however as another voice drew her from them. "Pardon me, have you seen the groom anywhere?". As she turned to the voice, she found a priest standing there. She hesitated for a moment, registering the question, before coming to her senses and answering. "Ah... yes. He's the Vendel man there." she said, indicating the armed men trying to leave. "Why do you ask?" she questioned; hopeful the priest would have more information on her missing friend.

Meanwhile, not far from the priest-in-training and the vigilante, said vigilante's father was in a conversation with a different Vesten man. "I am fine, sir. I understand your hurry, but I need to find the scribes that are transcribing our transaction. If you tell me where they are, I can ensure their sec trust this exchange is of importance to the both of us." Alec said, drawing Alejandro's ire. Couldn't he see there were more important matters than books to deal with? More then likely, the scribes had already abandoned their duties for the more important duty of helping bandage the wounded. Still, he said no such thing, deciding to remain curt for the time being. "I believe they are about; tending the injured. You'll understand that the translation has been delayed somewhat by recent events." he offered, a bit more coldly than he intended.

Deciding to offer something to the traveler if only to free himself to the more important duties of marshaling a defense he continued. "Their work will likely be in the scribe's chambers on the second floor of the main library if you wish to check their progress."

[HEADING=2]The Docks[/HEADING]

"Who... are you?!" Surfan screamed at his attacker. The bandaged man seemed to almost smile at the question as he brought his blades around for another attack. He was about to speak when Renault slammed into into his side, knocking him from his battle with Surfan and to the ground not far away. The bandaged man cursed under his breath; he'd hoped the orb would buy him more time.

He felt his ribs give way under the force of the blow, but it was hardly a final stoke. Seeing the rifleman standing above him, the swordsman rolled to his feet and began to circle. It would only be a matter of time before the knight recovered and between her, Surfan, and the rifleman he stood little chance of winning the battle without aid. Resorting to his last option, the man pulled a small glass vial filled with red liquid from the folds of his clothes and drank it.

Immediately there after, he yelled out "This isn't over!" at the triplet of interlopers, and tore open a portal in the world; disappearing in a flurry of screams and blood.

You can make an ranged attack before he disappears through the portal, though there's no time to reload or properly aim. Surfan and Renault can make a melee attack instead since they're close enough.

[HEADING=2]Ship[/HEADING]

As Yvonne struck the first blow, knocking one of the brigands from the fight, the others recovered and began their assault. Having seen both use magic in one way or another, the group divided itself evenly between the enemies with six pirates on the Porte mage and another seven on the naked crescent man. Those who were near their enemy drew their rapiers for the first strike while those further away drew their pistols.

At the same time, the smallest of the pirates, who couldn't have been much older than twelve, took off toward the top deck for reinforcements while the Montaigne nobleman rounded a corner out of sight - deeper into the vessel. At the same moment, from outside the ship, the sounds of battle suddenly manifest; though their source is unclear.
 

Ruedyn

New member
Jun 29, 2011
2,982
0
0
Reyes chuckled at Yvonne's remark, looking at the brigands. One down... altogether too many left. He sighed, the only reason to bother fighting was for the Porte users sake, and her magic was quantifiably evi. Still, what kind of dashing hero would Reyes be if he let her to fight a crew by herself? Well, he'd be like everyone in his profession, but she managed to make him laugh. When the seven descended on him (he got one more, he noticed, they must have had a problem with his floppy bits), he threw up his mist, a blanket that covered up half of their little room. He quickly rolled to the side, and slinked his way out of the way of flailing blades and loose shots.

One man, he noticed, was flailing particularly hard. He smirked as he approached, ducking under a swing and lifting his pistol from his belt. Quickly he threw it behind him, bursting into mistform as he chased after it, regaining human shape gripping the barrel. He landed with a grunt, turning the pistol on Yvonne's side, shooting a man close to him in the gut.

"Do you happen to have an escape plan, my dear?"
 

Mr.Ivebeenframed

New member
Jan 6, 2011
1,483
0
0
Surfan got up from his crouch post haste as the bandaged man tore open a portal. Surfan dashed towards the man as fast as he could with his swords at his side. When he was within reach, Surfan brought both blades to bear with one coming from the left and the other from the right. Surfan wanted to leave an impression on the man before he could escape and potentially kill the man that had tried to do the same to him. Surfan feared the bandaged man would come back due to the wounds this group had given him. Surfan wanted to make sure the man would not return.
 

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
Apr 20, 2020
2,615
0
0
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Gender
Male
"We cannot do that!" One of the crowd yelled back at Garrett, a man judging by the voice. "All you're going to do is get yourselves killed. Aniya wouldn't have wanted that." He then added, trying to calm the pair down; Aniya must have been the name of the bride.

The Castillian gentleman in a way that was to be expected in such tense situations, he punched the man in the face, knocking him to the floor. "She's not dead yet you dolt. I'm going to get her back and none of you will stop me." Said the man, though given the display in front of him, it was more said than done.

The younger man soon piped up, and he proved to be a bit more of a challenge than his older associate. "If w- we act now; w- we can still rescue her." He said with more fear than confidence in his voice. Garrett raised a smile to this display.

"Whilst I admire your show of courage and heroism in the face of uncertainty Señors, don't you think that the mage who kidnapped Aniya will be expecting a counter attack? Also, it is rather coincidental that the bride be taken during an attack by pirates; it is likely the two are working together, with the pirates providing a distraction."

"Given the number of pirates that were out there last I checked, I don't fancy your chances of survival if it's just you two going."
 

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
2,105
0
0
"Ah... yes. He's the Vendel man there. Why do you ask?"

El Vago seemed to be watching the conversation between the Vendel man, the Castillian and the tanned newcomer with some interest, judging from the delay. Erasmo wondered why the infamous figure was here. More specifically, why El Vago was just standing there and not trying to pull of a daring rescue of the kidnapped bride. An imposter perhaps? Now that was a thought, as Erasmo himself had been tempted to take up the mask once, but it would have been an ill-fit. The one he had chosen suited his needs much more than the Vagabond's. Regardless, the curiosity between the two was mutual. It really was a shame that Erasmo didn't have time to stand around and chat. As a consequence, the answer he gave was somewhat vague.

"Thank you for your assistance." He said, "As for your question, I am just trying to help."

With that, he walked away from the masked figure and into a heated conversation. At least the tanned man, who Eramso assumed to be another Castillian, was stalling the exit of the agitated pair. If what he was saying was true, that the pirates and the kidnapper were working together... Well, that made it even more important for Erasmo to get his point across quickly. It would be impolite to interrupt, or to barge in. But the situation called for it. Besides, he was doing the bidding of a witch! There were far more important things to worry about; manners were the lest of his concerns. Erasmo did his best to conceal his haste with a stroll, almost as if his arrival was perfectly natural. Yes, a priest is always there when needed, no matter what, right?

"Excuse me, sirs." Erasmo said, and turned to the Vendel man, "I believe you are the groom - my condolences. However, I am not simply here to express my sympathy, but to help as well. Now, if you would follow me..."
 

Arcanist

New member
Feb 24, 2010
606
0
0
Renault could hear a sickening crack as the butt of his rifle connected with the bandaged man's chest - no doubt his ribs giving out. He was hurtled back from the blow, gasping for breath. It was only a moment of weakness, however, before he deftly sprang to his feet and began to circle back around to a more tactical position. 'Fast and tough? I draw the best marks, don't I?'

As the man ran, Renault could see him produce a vial from the folds of his sleeves. He drank it in a single swig, moving further back to retreat from the onslaught the trio were piling on. "This isn't over!" he cried, just as he tore open a Porte gate and prepared to step through. 'No! He may be the only person that could explain what all this was meant to accomplish!' The Crescent man seemed to have similar plans, as he charged the bandaged man. Following suit, Renault readied his rifle once more, this time aiming the rifle's stock at the man's head.
 

SamtheDeathclaw

New member
Aug 8, 2009
1,091
0
0
Rosemonde was trying to find her center. She could neither hear nor see. That damned Crescent had thrown a Synreth artifact in her face, and it had exploded. She hoped the rifleman had avoided the blast, as she wasn't in any state to help Surfan.

Find the center. Find your center, and you can do anything.
Her father's words again. During sparring, he had stressed the importance of knowing yourself above anything else. Not that it was any help in her current predicament- being blind and deaf in an active battle- but it kept her from panicking.
She'd fought blindfolded before, she remembered. Against Romaine. He had claimed it was an important part of a swordsman's training. She suspected he was just tired of her beating him and wanted to wail on her for awhile.
She smiled at the memory, and wondered where Romaine was. It wasn't important now, but when all of this was over, she'd go and visit.

When all of this is over... What is all of this? A pirate attack in Altamira of all places, and this strange man with Synreth artifacts... Something told her that this wouldn't be over for a long, long time.

Her hearing was coming back as the ringing subsided, and her vision began to clear some. She opened her eyes, just in time to see the man stepping through a Porte portal. By Theus, what have I gotten myself into?

"This I choose to do," she muttered to herself, then stopped. "No. This I chose to do. My choice has been made." She began to walk slowly, having to be careful to keep her balance, towards where the man had disappeared from.

"Well, that was not my best fight," she proclaimed to no one in particular, then sighed.
 

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
1,285
0
0
~Beatrice~

As Beatrice watched Erasmo approach one of the two men attempting to simply push their way outside, the lit match that was meant for her cigarette stopped just an inch away from it, and she stared. It would just be her luck that one of them would be the groom. And the Castillian had to be the father, she had no doubt. After a few moments, she simply waved out the match before it could singe her fingers as she decided that it was probably best to slip outside.

She was confident that Erasmo could think of something after all. As it was, she could hardly think of a distraction that would let him slip away with the groom, while keeping her presence, and status as a Witch, hidden. So there, he was on his own.

Turning towards the exit, she strode impatiently to one of the guards, then held up the unlit cigarette. "Look, if this stupid raid takes much longer, I'm going to need a smoke. I doubt the priests here are going to appreciate cigarette smoke in the University, so I'm going to have this just outside. I won't go far, unlike those two, so may I?", she asked, putting on the airs of a noblewoman who was tired of simply doing nothing.

After all, that wasn't far from the truth. As it was, that kind of attitude usually inspired some kind of results in her experience, along with irritated grumblings and mutters of "*****.", behind her back. But, time was of the essence.
 

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
2,463
0
0
[HEADING=2]University[/HEADING]

"Given the number of pirates that were out there last I checked, I don't fancy your chances of survival if it's just you two going."

The pair seemed to quiet slightly at Garrett's words, but not for the same reasons. The groom - Garritt Engnestangen - seemed to see some wisdom in the statement; there was little hope they could succeed by themselves. Fortunado Alfonzo Cortez de Cordoba - the father of the bride - on the other hand, only grew quiet as his anger built.

"I will not just stand around while these pirates and Montaigne scum steal my daughter from me. Either help me rescue her or stand aside." he said, drawing his blade and marching on toward the gate. It was at this time the priest Erasmo arrived. "Excuse me, sirs." Erasmo said, and turned to the Vendel man "I believe you are the groom - my condolences. However, I am not simply here to express my sympathy, but to help as well. Now, if you would follow me..."

Fortunado seemed to take this as an offer to aid in the rescue and so responded in kind. Turning to Garrett, the Groom, and all his servants he said "See! Theus is on our side if even a peaceful Father will join me!" He quickly turned toward Erasmo saying "Lead the way Father."

Following his soon-to-be father-in-law, Garritt quickly ran after the priest, but not before turning to Garrett saying "I see your wisdom; will you not accompany us?"

Adrianna watched the exchange from where she'd first spoken with the strange priest. On the one hand, she had a duty to protect the university from further attack, yet the every fiber of her being told her to take the fight to the pirates and help save her friend. Shaking herself of the uncertainty, she quickly made to follow the the trio to the pirate vessel. Fortune favored the bold they say and no one would say she wasn't bold.

Distracted by the words of his friend Fortunado, Alejandro returned to the disgruntled Alec. Sighing slightly, he conceded the northerner had a point. He'd made an obligation to translate the texts. "Very well Señor; I will find the scribes and tell them to return to their work, but I expect you to help with this crisis however you can in the meantime as we haven't people to spare."

[HEADING=2]Docks[/HEADING]

Just as the bandaged man was about to disappear through he portal, Surfan and Renault struck. Renault arrived first. The bandaged man was quick however, bringing his arm up at just the right time to deflect the blow away from his head and toward the ground. However, in doing so, he left himself open to Surfan's strike. The Crescent man's blades came crashing down, severing the man's hand from his body just as he entered the portal. No screams of pain erupted however, perhaps lost among the screams of the Porte tunnel.

The hand he lost is currently on the ground, still gripping the bottle he drank from. The hand has a reddish tint and isn't bleeding.

[HEADING=2]Ship[/HEADING]

The pirates continued their attack, slowly gaining ground over the pair of mages. Though Reyes and Yvonne both ha great magic on their side, but for every pirate they brought down, three more seemed to take their place. Even where their powers allowed them to ignore weapons which would have spelled the doom for any others, the occasional lucky shots began to land. Unless they took action soon, their fate would be sealed.

Just as things began to look bad however, the world took a turn for the worse. From above deck, a massive Castillian man dressed a great deal finer than those around him entered. "What ya wait'n for ya yellow bastards! Kill these fools!" he yelled, bringing a very large pistol to bear from the other side of the crowd.

You might recognize the Castillian man as the one who was in charge above until the Montaigne nobleman arrived. You can be fairly confident he's the captain of the ship
 

Mr.Ivebeenframed

New member
Jan 6, 2011
1,483
0
0
Surfan's blades slashed into the bandaged man but the strike yielded little reaction before the man disappeared into the portal. But what was left behind was a hand with the potion still in its grip. Surfan squatted to inspect the odd appendage. It had a reddish tint and the absence of blood from made Surfan even more curious. The only thing that came to mind was the stories his father would tell him about odd artifacts that the desert yielded. Artifacts the shared the same red tint and otherworldly features. Surfan ripped a piece for his turban to pick up the hand. Surfan then remembered the man that had helped in the fight and Surfan stood right up to face the man. Surfan bowed his head to the rifleman.


"I appreciate your assistance, sir." Surfan said before rising. "This fight would have very different without you."
 

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
1,285
0
0
~Beatrice~

After a moment of impatience, Beatrice simply waved a hand and strode outside, reaching inside her traveling coat and pulling out a match. Once her cigarette was lit, she glanced over at the front doors of the university. Her mouth promptly fell open as she watched Erasmo trailed by not only the Vendel man, but the Castillian, and two others she didn't recognize, though one clearly wore a mask. Though she couldn't place the name of the vigilante that the mask belonged to, she knew it was someone that many in Castille considered a folk hero.

Catching her cigarette before it fell from her lips, she raised a brow at the priest-in-training. "I was hoping for just the groom, but who are the other two? This is the father of the bride, I presume?", she asked, motioning towards the older Castillian man.

"I think I may know how to find your daughter, and your bride, so long as you don't mind... Unusual methods. After all, since a Porte Mage took her, we can't be sure where she is. On that note, lead the way, Erasmo.", she told the group, before directing the last to the robed man.