7th Sea: the Fragments of Theus (Game Thread - Closed, Started)

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Surfan brought up his left blade, bringing his arm up to block the attack. A nasty impact was heard as the two blades collided exchanged a hit. But Surfan brought his right blade to bear and following through so that his left block would slightly give way. He readjusted his footing, channeling his momentum to the swing of his right blade.

Paretti was knocked off balance from the hit but luckily for him, Surfan used the dull side of his scimitar to leave a bruise on the man's body. As Paretti hit the floor, Surfan moved up and parried a last ditch jab by Paretti who was sprawled on the stage. Surfan wasted no time and stabbed his left scimitar to the side of Paretti's head. He hit the stage with a sharp thud but the blade drew blood from Paretti's cheek. From another perspective, it would look like Surfan had stabbed his sword into Paretti himself.

The judge ruled Surfan victorious and a applause was heard from the crowd. He stepped away from the man and sheathed his right sword while he still had his left sword ready in case Paretti was still ill about the loss. With his right hand he offered Paretti a hand in getting up.

"Good duel, sir." Surfan said in his most courteous voice. "May I help you up?"

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
The horses had seemed to settle down, at least for now. While they still ran about, skittish and nervous in posture, they had regained enough composure to keep themselves from running rampant. His job done, Renault dismounted from his borrowed horse. It wasn't long before he heard a not-so-familiar voice call out from his back.

"By Theus! Hasn't there been enough trouble already?"

From the tone, he pegged its owner as a short man wearing the paraphernalia associated with members of the Vaticine Church. A deacon, if he had to guess, and probably a member of a specific sect if the fancy robes were anything to go by. Slinging his musket back onto his back, Renault pulled his cloak back over his head and walked back over to the priest. "Indeed. That's why I did something about it."

To the man's side was the woman he'd met earlier. Now, Renault was no fool - a Vodacce woman happens to disappear just as trouble starts, and not a moment later fate itself seems to bend in her favor? This one was obviously a Sorte witch. Her cards weren't immediately obvious, but that wouldn't put her above suspicion with people as paranoid as Inquisition agents. They no doubt noticed the strange behavior the horses exhibited, and it would be a shame to let such a valuable asset go to waste. If he had to disappear, he might as well do so with some help.

"And I thank whatever convinced those horses to keep calm. My work would have been much more difficult if they kept panicking, wouldn't you agree, madame?"

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

The Witch only spared a quick glance at the priest-in-training, and noticed him clench a fist at his side before relaxing, but only just.

"Trying to ride away with them, I think.".

Looking back at the forms astride the horses, she recognized the one she knew was a person. It was the 'mercenary', and she was certain by this point that he was anything but. As for the mist, she had no idea what it was so she couldn't be certain if it was just a freak occurrence, or something more sinister. But, she shook her head and placed a gentle hand on Erasmo's shoulder.

"Now isn't the time to rush forward. The guards and Inquisition should be able to handle it on their own, and I think we've both interfered enough.", she said, giving him a meaningful look, just before he called out.

"By Theus! Hasn't there been enough trouble already?".

She sighed and shook her head, and was about to tell him to not spook the horses when the 'mercenary', strode up and spoke instead.

"Indeed. That's why I did something about it.".

Then, he turned to her.

"And I thank whatever convinced those horses to keep calm. My work would have been much more difficult if they kept panicking, wouldn't you agree, madame?".

A sly smile spread across her lips as she nodded. Apparently they were both aware that the other wasn't what they seemed. "I would certainly say so. In fact, why don't we all discuss this over a nice, private drink?", she asked.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
"By Theus! Hasn't there been enough trouble already?"

'That towards me, the muskateer, or the horses...' Reyes looked around, he could see through his fog easily after all. Even if he weren't head and shoulders above it, from sitting on the horse. Though it had dissipated considerably, which was nice.

He could see a priest looking man with some woman, he assumed it was him but he wasn't sure. The Muskateer (probably a mercenary) walked up to them, and struck up a conversation. The mist began giving way as he rode the horse over to the group, also keeping an eye out for the girl he arrived with. The horse all but took off without her, he felt bad about it.

"-In fact, why don't we all discuss this over a nice, private drink?"

"Care to let me in on that? I can buy. I kinda want to know how you made that shot." Reyes said, riding up and smiling amicably at them. He leaned on the head of the horse, looking down on them all. An odd group, but fun looking, probably plenty of stories between them. And Reyes did not see any more chances at adventurous heroics around anywhere.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
"Duman'kir." Reyes said, pronouncing it slowly and correctly, in a low voice. "Mist dog, if you'd prefer... My name is Reyes, and you?"

"Duman'kir." She repeated the word to herself to make sure she did not forget it and went on to reply to his question. "Yv-" Before she could get the second syllable of her name out the misty man had ridden away on one of the horses he had poached. Well at least now he wasn't so mysterious, although a terrible pun had come to mind before he had told her his name.

The stray horses had been corralled by a well armed man in a Vestenmannavnjar get up who had made and impossible shot blocking the horses from causes any harm to those that might have dawdled too long in the square. Perhaps the Sorte witch had struck again and given him the luck he needed to make the shot, or it was Theus himself intervening, a funny thought.

Yvonne mounted one of the horsed that were still close by and trotted over to where Reyes had stopped. He was talking to a Vodacce woman and a Vatcicine priest.

"I thought a priest had to take certain vows once he had taken the cloth" She teased, eyeing the pair up, "Maybe they're not so pious as they'd have us believe."

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Erasmo flashed a look back at the Sorte Witch. Not a stern look, but one that might be seen on a father in reply to a mother's lecturing about scolding her children. One that said, "It had to be done." Nevertheless, Erasmo broke his stare and looked straight ahead. His shouting got their attention all right, the troublemakers walked over to him and Beatrice, spouting various remarks. Though, they didn't look like a gang up close. One was cloaked, one wore a smile that reminiscent of Beatrice's, and one was... a Crescent? Erasmo briefly wondered what his story was, but his attention soon turned to the mysterious mist. 'More Sorcery?' The festival was full of all-sorts, wasn't it? The robed man then addressed them, in turn.

"Indeed. That's why I did something about it." Said the cloaked one, who smelt of gunpowder.

Erasmo inclined his head, "Then you deserve my thanks and not my scorn. Forgive me." His soft voice masked his distrust. Still, the servant of Theus had a good reason to suspect the man: he was cloaked and carried a musket. A man concealed his identity did so because there was a need for it. Erasmo knew that; even though he was religious person, his head wasn't in the clouds all of the time. Next talk of drinks came up. With the somewhat friendly atmosphere, he could slip away and leave Beatrice to the other misfits. In fact, wasn't there something that he needed to do? Surely the witch wouldn't mind if he just went away for a minute on an errand? He smiled, who would assume at the little quip of priests and piety and said his piece.

"Maybe they're not so pious as they'd have us believe."

"Excuse me, but priests can marry," He countered, and then turned his face slightly in Beatrice's direction, "They also have pressing matters to attend to. Do not worry, I will return shortly." He bowed to all present and wriggled his way out of Beatrice's grip, in an attempt to escape. He needed to visit La Trinidad once more.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

"Care to let me in on that? I can buy. I kinda want to know how you made that shot.".

Only just keeping herself from swearing inwardly, Beatrice glanced up at the newcomer. A horse thief, judging by the fact that the horse he was astride clearly belonged with the others meant for the parade. As if she didn't have enough potential for trouble as it is, simply being a Witch. Being around a horse thief would simply make her a possible target for run-of-the-mill guardsman too.

"That kind of defeats the purpose of it being 'private'.", she started, but she hesitated as what he said fully sank in.

If he was going to foot the bill, that was another story. "Though, if you're buying... I suppose.", she added, smirking just slightly.

It wasn't long before they were joined by what seemed to be yet another horse thief, but this time a woman.

"I thought a priest had to take certain vows once he had taken the cloth. Maybe they're not so pious as they'd have us believe.".

With a soft chuckle, she shook her head and motioned to Erasmo. "Priest-in-training, actually, though a firm believer in Theus. Though, I'm pretty sure he has no intention of actually drinking.", Beatrice told them, before Erasmo himself spoke, to her.

"Excuse me, but priests can marry. They also have pressing matters to attend to. Do not worry, I will return shortly.".

Then he promptly bowed, then broke away from her grip to get away from her and the others. Since he seemed to be a rather timid sort, she couldn't exactly blame him, but she wouldn't deny the fact that it was extremely funny.

"Well, you can find us in that tavern over there!", she called out, pointing to a bar farther down the road, and closer to the docks.

Beatrice turned to the others and smiled. "So, about those drinks.", she prompted.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
"Well, you can find us in that tavern over there!"

Erasmo nodded and started walking at a brisk pace down the winding streets to the grand cathedral of Altamira. He didn't care if Beatrice or the others saw him as a bumbling toady of the Vaticine Church or a naïve young pup, even though he was neither of the two. He was one of firm belief in Theus, and that was the only thing that mattered. For once, Erasmo was glad to be alone with his thoughts, but they distracted him from the fact that while the cathedral's bells tolled for the wedding, the actual event was at the La Universidad de Arciniega. He cursed himself for that simple mistake and almost ran to the university. Seeing as the priest-in-training was not entirely sure about interrupting the nobles' small talk, he asked a servant instead.

With a simple hand gesture, he called one over and asked, "Is a Lord Eckart von Hoch present? I wish to speak with him."

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Garrett's voice had drawn the attention away from some of the press-gangers trying to 'recruit' Adrianna. Speaking of the lady, she used the distraction to pommel one of them on the head, throwing them backwards into the sea. This act had the effect of splitting the party into two groups, with each half either facing down Garrett or Adrianna.

Sensing a fight was about to kick off, Garrett went in with swords drawn as he parried back the overhand strikes of the first two press-gangers that he was up against, before following up with a slash across the third; whilst this may have not hurt the ganger, it did push him back, giving Garrett some breathing room. Garrett ducked under the swing of one whilst delivering a thrust into the stomach of another with his Andrews rapier, then finished him off with a quick horizontal cut across the chest with his Soldano sword.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
"Then you deserve my thanks and not my scorn. Forgive me." Renault couldn't help but frown at the priest's tone. Respectful as it was, he clearly didn't trust easily. Still, so long as he didn't go shouting his presence from the rooftops, Renault couldn't care less what a priest thought of him, so it didn't matter much in the grand scheme of things. The priest then excused himself with a polite bow and disappeared into the crowd.

"I would certainly say so. In fact, why don't we all discuss this over a nice, private drink?" This put a similar smile on Renault's face. A Sorte Witch on his side could end up being invaluable, and he was no stranger to dodging the Inquisition. That, and the opportunity to drink something without having to spend any Guilders was an appealing prospect. "Lead the way. My name is Renault, by the way." He bowed his head in greeting, dropping his previously defensive posture.

Before they could leave, however, they were accosted by several other faces from the crowd - one of which was still riding one of the horses from the parade. He'd do best to leave that be - nobles take little pleasure in having their property stolen, and Renault had no interest in helping him if he attracted any attention from the city guard. "Care to let me in on that? I can buy. I kinda want to know how you made that shot." Renault shrugged in response, his expression nonchalant. "Not much to say. I saw a shot, so I took it."

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
[HEADING=2]The Guild of San Marcos[/HEADING]

"Good duel, sir." Surfan said in his most courteous voice. "May I help you up?" he finished, offering his hand. Paretti took the opportunity to spit in the man's palm before pushing himself to his feet. The crowd instantly booed the action, but Paretti didn't seem to care. He made his way off the stage and through the crowds before disappearing into the streets.

Several fights later, and Safan had the Soldano blade in his hands and the dubious title of "El Año Nuevo Champion". With the fighting over, the crowds quickly cleared, save a pair of men by the exit; the same men from before his first fight. This time however, they quite obviously had pistols in their hands and didn't seem quite as inviting.

[HEADING=2]Docks[/HEADING]

With three of the press-gangers now dealing with Garrett, Adrianna pressed her advantage, striking at the first of the pirates with three slashes in quick progression. He managed to stop the first two , but the third cut through his parrying and knocked him off the dock - very much unconscious. The sole remaining brute on Adrianna proved a bit more potent than expected, parrying her blade well and even making a few lunges in the process. Adrianna was forced to give some ground, pushing her closer to the end of a dock.

Meanwhile, the two remaining on Garrett quickly retreated; trying to get into position to flank him. one of them fired off his pistol in an attempt to deal with the interloper quickly.

[HEADING=2]Universidad de Arciniega[/HEADING]

"Is a Lord Eckart von Hoch present? I wish to speak with him." the priest asked, earning a strange gaze from the servant. "I don't believe there's an Eisen Lord in attendance Father..." the man said, thinking it over. "Still; you're welcome to go inside and check if you like." he finished, standing aside for the priest-to-be.

The wedding itself was filled with people dancing and drinking fine wine. Unlike outside, the even seemed much more tame. there was a small band of musicians playing off to one side and an impressively large area dedicated to wedding gifts - to be expected when the bride-to-be was the daughter of one of the most powerful people in Altamira and the groom was the nephew of a powerful Vendel Leaguer.

The bride and groom appeared to be entertained by two completely different groups at the moment, neither of which had an Eisen man in attendance. Similarly, there were no obvious Eisen nobles elsewhere, though several of the serving staff appeared of Eisen descent. Most everyone seemed in high spirits, save a Vendel woman sitting outside, staring at the coast.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
"I thought a priest had to take certain vows once he had taken the cloth. Maybe they're not so pious as they'd have us believe."

"Love trumps knighthood vows, I assume it can beat a priests. This one isn't a priest, though. Probably." Reyes shrugged, being hunted by a group doesn't mean you're familiar with it's many different ranks. Or maybe it should. Eh, they all bled the same if they tried to attack a relatively innocent smuggler with a badass guard.

"That kind of defeats the purpose of it being 'private'... Though, if you're buying... I suppose."

"See? Even invasion of privacy can be excused for the right amount of money." Reyes grinned, and tried not to chuckle as the two defended their love and drink.

"Priest-in-training, actually, though a firm believer in Theus. Though, I'm pretty sure he has no intention of actually drinking."

"Excuse me, but priests can marry. They also have pressing matters to attend to. Do not worry, I will return shortly."

"Good-bye, priest-in-training, I hardly knew ye." Reyes gave a wave of the hand, slightly thankful that he could drink without a religious figure around. It was easier that way. Should probably find Rose at some point in the future too, and find a place to take the horse and sleep before they had to hit the road again.

"Well, you can find us in that tavern over there! So, about those drinks."

"Sounds good to me. I am Reyes, glad to meet you all." Reyes sat up and gave a small bow to the group, noting the humble response from the marksman. The last time Reyes shot a musket, he nearly took one of his crewmen's head off. He got off the horse, for now, tying it down on a nearby post. He'd come back for it.... probably, it really depended on the number of drinks he'd get.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
"I don't believe there's an Eisen Lord in attendance Father..."

His spirits sank as he heard those words, alongside that title. He didn't deserve to be called that! Though, it could be chalked down to politeness. Erasmo felt rather awkward and abstained from correcting the error and thought on the servant's words. Von Hoch was the type to flaunt his wealth and a wedding like this would be the perfect opportunity. But he wasn't at the wedding! The long and tiring journey had been useless! No, he was jumping to conclusions. Maybe the man was somewhere else in the city? Regardless, enjoying the festival a little more wouldn't hurt. Still, the fact that Lord Eckart had missed the social event of the season told the priest-in-training that something was up. Erasmo disguised his disappointment with a stroke of his hair.

"Still; you're welcome to go inside and check if you like."

He stopped midway as the servant spoke those words and leapt into action. He scanned the crowd, 'No, no, no, no, no, no. No. NO!' There wasn't anyone of Eisen descent apart from some of the servants. But, he simply couldn't assume that they knew where Lord Eckart was. That was like asking his parents about the Merchant Princes, they didn't particularly know anything apart from what they needed to know - names and tithes. Nevertheless, did he have to chase every lead? The solemn answer was yes. To be honest, Erasmo would rather return to the docks, but if he simply walked away, well... That would mean breaking his word. Erasmo slowly walked over to one of the Eisen servants, hoping that he wasn't drawing too much attention.

"Know of a Lord Eckart von Hoch?" Erasmo asked rather casually.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

"Lead the way. My name is Renault, by the way.".

With a slightly wider smile, Beatrice held out a hand. "Beatrice Fausti. A pleasure.", she told him, before she prickled at what the horse thief said.

"See? Even invasion of privacy can be excused for the right amount of money.".

"Excuse me? What exactly are you implying?", she asked, her warm demeanor quickly becoming very cold, while her smile was clearly strained at the edges.

She was starting to wonder if she was going to regret letting him join them, even if he was going to foot the bill for drinks. Though, the girl that seemed to be his partner had yet to say anything. So, maybe it wouldn't be quite as bad as he let on. Still, with any luck, they wouldn't mind the fact that they had a Sorte Witch in their midst, since she doubted she'd be able to talk to the 'mercenary' properly without their company.

The horse thief finally introduced himself once he dismounted, and started to tie it to a nearby post. Probably so he would be able to reclaim it later. He had balls, she told herself, had to give him that. She just had to resist kicking them if he made another offhand remark like he had earlier.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
"Excuse me? What exactly are you implying?"

"That private drinking just became slightly less so, is what I meant. I know a girl who'd kill me if I meant anything else." Reyes tried to hold in his laughter, settling on a slightly wider grin. Serious topic, kind of. It was really just his life on the line here, though he had no idea if she was truly dangerous.

Chances were, probably.

"Please, don't mistake my intentions for anything but conversation and company. Life on a boat gets dull, and you all look like you've got interesting stories to tell." He bowed like a gentleman, shrinking his grin back to his usual wry smile, letting her lead on.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Rosemonde had returned to San Marcos, having been unsuccessful in finding Reyes, just in time for the last fight. The Cathay wasn't a bad fighter, she decided as he was awarded the blade. Lacking in imagination, maybe, but he got the job done. She waited around to congratulate him, and to apologize for stepping into his business unnecessarily earlier.

However, before she got the chance, she spotted the two brutes from earlier, this time with pistols. Cowards. Even two on one they didn't feel safe. They were loitering near the exit, obviously intending to make a move once the area was clear. She would have to throw a wrench into that plan.

She joined the last few stragglers out of the area, keeping her head down, thanking Theus for having made her short. She began her litany. This I choose to do. If there is a price, this I choose to pay. If it is my death, then I choose to die. Where this takes me, there I choose to go. I choose. This I choose to do. Her father's words. They had been his comfort when he was forced to order men into battle during the war with Eisen. Ever since she was a young girl, they had been her comfort as well, whenever she was unsure of the path before her.

By the time Rosemonde finished her mental recitation, she was near the exit, just a few steps away from the men. She was the last person in the area except for the Cathay and the two men. They hadn't seemed to have spotted her yet, behind all of the remaining stragglers as she was. Unlucky them.
She drew her rapier, and stepped up to the man on her right, and placed the tip against his throat, her arm crooked to thrust at the slightest provocation. She smiled grimly.
"You know, I did warn you," she said with a small sigh. "Tell your friend to drop his pistol and maybe you both walk away intact." Her eyes bored into his, unflinching. Though, staring upwards into his eyes was rather less intimidating, unflinching or not. Being short was rather a mixed bag, she decided.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
As the fighting on the docks raged on, the two remaining press-ganger that Garrett was up against had pulled back a bit, for what reason he wasn't sure, no doubt it wouldn't be good. Meanwhile with Adrianna, she had cut down one, and rendered another unconscious, knocking him into the dock.

Then suddenly, Garrett could hear the sound of a flintlock being fired, and rolled to the floor, the bullet missing him just barely; though it did make a hole in the left sleeve of his coat, he'd have to mend that later. As Garrett went to stand up, he caught sight of the other ganger making a charge for him, and so quickly fired his pistol, hitting the shoulder which made for an easier target, and sending the ganger to the ground, unconscious for the time being.

Garrett didn't get much time for a break however, as the first ganger attacked him with a wild vertical swing, missing him by half an inch, but managed to cut a few hairs off; Garrett soon blocked the next two attacks, causing their swords to lock.

"I must say ganger, your certainly more competent than others of your kind that I've met; but it is never nice to do that to a woman." Garrett said as he trying pushing to break the lock, to which the ganger replied with smirk.

"Heh, why should I care if they's a man or a woman, I got a job to do, and I'll do it by any means necessary. I'll admit, she is a pretty little thing; once we're done with you, think we'll have some fun with her."

"No you won't." Garrett said coldly. He then kicked the man in the left shin, breaking the lock, and proceeded to give two precision cut across the chest, spilling a fair bit of the ganger's blood as he lay dead on the street. With a quick flick of his swords, Garrett had removed the blood from them, though he would clean them later.

Garrett saw that the final ganger that Adrianna had to contend with was pushing her closer towards the dock's edge. He approached the man from behind, and placed the tip of his Soldano sword to the man's back.

"Drop. Your. Sword." He said, a slight hint of coldness in his voice.

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
Surfan wiped the man's spit off of his hands, saddened by the man's choice but there were still fights to be had. And fights Surfan did win. After several fights, he was awarded with the Seldano sword. He held it in his hands, feeling its weight and balance. It was a weapon suited for another style of fighting than his but them it struck him. He wondered if he could learn another fighting style while he had the sword. The sword was excellent but it was still Castillian and Wassif was killed with one. He put the sword and sheath on his back but before he could leave he spotted the same men he saw from before. They stood at the entrance, visibly armed and no doubt looking for trouble. Before he could do anything, the same woman from earlier approached them and pointed a rapier at one of their throats.

"There's no need for violence, my friends." Surfan said, keeping his hands at his side and close to his swords. "Leave now and you can keep your lives for another day."

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
"Excuse me, but priests can marry," He countered, and then turned his face slightly in Beatrice's direction, ."They also have pressing matters to attend to. Do not worry, I will return shortly."

And with that the holier-than-though priest marched of leaving the party of misfits to revel the night away without him, she imagined that his quick escape act was to hide a blush that was coming to fruition, perhaps he didn't want to admit that he might be in love in front of a group of mismatched strangers. A shame really, maybe once they had become inebriated enough he might have started taking confession, or started making confessions, the stories some 'holy-men' had could be quite enlightening.

Beatrice turned to the others and smiled. "So, about those drinks." she prompted.

"I'll join," She replied, "And I'm Yvonne, Yvonne Descoteaux"

Once she had introduced herself she dismounted, the owner would find it eventually she just didn't feel like giving such an easy find away just so soon and there was always the chance of a reward. Her purse was starting to run a bit dry after the days jubilations. She hitched the horse on a near by but slightly hidden post.

"Lead the way" She said as she returned.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

Despite the grin on Reyes face, it seemed that the inflection in her voice was enough to at least get part of the point across.

"That private drinking just became slightly less so, is what I meant. I know a girl who'd kill me if I meant anything else.".

She simply quirked a brow, then slowly nodded as she relaxed.

"Please, don't mistake my intentions for anything but conversation and company. Life on a boat gets dull, and you all look like you've got interesting stories to tell.".

At that, she suppressed a quick chortle. "You have no idea.", she said, confident that he wouldn't, not for some time at any rate.

After all, as far as she was concerned, he was just another horse thief, and one she had no reason to trust her secrets to. Not any of real importance, at least. As for his partner, she didn't know her either. On the other hand, while she didn't know Renault, he piqued her curiosity enough to make her interested in taking a small risk.

Besides, it seemed he already figured out what she was, so it wasn't as if she was giving that away now.

When the other horse thief dismounted, she introduced herself, prompting another nod from Beatrice.

"I'll join. And I'm Yvonne, Yvonne Descoteaux.".

Then, as she did as Reyes did, and tied the horse to a post, Beatrice had to sigh, and shake her head. Well, if she had anything to say about it, those horses would go back to who owned them, and that would be that. Setting that aside, she turned and led the way to the tavern she pointed out earlier, and simply swaggered in and smiled.

She made an automatic beeline to the bar itself, and after catching the barkeeps attention, leaned against the counter and jerked a thumb to Reyes.

"Do you have a private table we could sit at? My friend there is going to be paying, so be sure to bring out the good stuff.", she said, giving the bartender a charming smile and a sly wink.