7th Sea: the Fragments of Theus (Game Thread - Closed, Started)

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
"Now, lets make sure those pirates don't get away. There's a damsel in distress, and I know I'm not the only one who wants to see her rescued."

"Of course." Erasmo replied rather neutrally. With the revelation that the bride was indeed on of the ships in the docks, he grew simply angry at himself. 'So this wasn't necessary after all. Letting Sorte be used in a church... By Theus, I am a fool.' That thought blazed in his mind, along with others. He had to finish it soon, before he became even more steeped in sin. Ha! He was planning to sin to begin with; however, Erasmo saw it more as self-defence more than anything else. Yes, they had struck the first blow. And yes, they were probably aware of the consequences of doing such a thing. Anger soon turned to tranquil, almost soft, pity. Gentleness restored, he turned to the father-in-law and with a solemn face he said, "I deeply apologise for this blasphemy. I have done naught but sinned against Theus and have wasted time. Forgive me."

"...Ah, apologies. Please finish"

Suddenly a bandaged man called out to the group, it appeared to the Crescent (or was it Cathay?) man from earlier and that he needed the priest-in-training's help once again. Erasmo couldn't help but let out a sigh - had he been fighting again? Bravery and valor were commendable, but to fight in such a state... That was just reckless and stupid, even if the man had been cornered. Nevertheless, the night had been filled with such violence ever since the pirate attack. Such a pitiable thing. So much for El Año Nuevo, so much for a festival about the start of a new year. Surely, it wouldn't continue to be as bloodstained as the festival turned out to be? However, Erasmo set aside his hopes for tomorrow. He was as bloodstained as the rest and now there was a bloodstained man who required his help. At least it was something to focus on...

"I am finished." The deacon replied, "Come, let us find somewhere for you to rest; healing won't come without it."

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
[HEADING=2]Top of the Tower[/HEADING]

"...but, that's just my suggestion. However, the Strands have never lied to me before, so make of that what you will." Beatrice said, drawing some ire from the the father. "You know nothing of the world. I must see to it that my daughter is cared for and that our family remains strong. Romantic love is a distraction; lust in guise as something else. I have no doubt that she will be happy, even if she does not see it yet." the father said, dismissing her words with little more than a few sentences and a wave of his hand. After saying this, he turned on his heels and made his way down the stairs - intent on rescuing his daughter before there were anymore interferences.

Garritt remained quiet and followed.

Meanwhile, Adrianna listed to Garrett's words, thinking them over. "...what would be our plan of attack, or rather rescue, whatever word feels appropriate. One suggestion is for a more subtle approach, try and sneak on board using the commotion as cover; then again with a high value target on board, security may be an issue." he said. Adrianna mulled the question over for a short while before replying. "I... think that stealth will only take us so far. We'll likely need it to get aboard the vessel without drawing attention to avoid cannon fire, but thereafter I fear we'll need to fight our way to the bottom."

After saying this, she spotted the Garritt and Don Cordoba making their exit; apparently the Sorte witch had accomplished her task. "I suppose this means its time to make our move." she said to Garrett with a smile hidden behind her mask. "I look forward to fighting beside you Garrett."

She made her way toward the star case before turning to the priest, witch, scholar, and their new swordsman companion, asking "If you wish to stay here in safety I won't begrudge you the choice - Theus knows we stand little chance - but I'd welcome any help you're willing to lend and do my best to ensure your safety." She waited to see who would follow before making her way down the stairs and after the most foolish and desperate of their company.

[HEADING=2]End of Docks[/HEADING]

As Rose and Renault arrived at the end of the dock, they were taken in my the scene. Across the bay, Castille ships had finally managed a proper counter attack; their cannons blazing from across the bay as 9 pound balls of iron slammed into the sides of the pirate vessels. Still, the counter-offensive wasn't enough to push back the pirates who appeared to be making ready to sail to freedom; their holds laid down with ill-gotten treasures.

Meanwhile, on the docks themselves, the Inquisition had set up a makeshift barricade to take shots at the pirates foolish enough to be within their rifle range. They fought with vigor unseen in the city guards, though perhaps more desperately than sensibly. Already they were dropping small rafts into the water, loaded down with inquisitors almost assured death at the hands of the cannons, protected only by the little cover fire the inquisition could muster. Still, the sailed forward into the cannons with either reckless abandon or iron souled courage. Whatever their reason, they were desperate to board the ships before they made sail and were lost.

The pirates themselves seemed to be making more haste than seemed entirely necessary in their retreat. Even a novice sailor could tell you their ships would make greater headway than any of the Castillian vessels yet in port and still held the advantage in the engagement despite the growing pincer attack. Whatever the reason, they seemed to desire to be in the wind much sooner than could be expected.

Well; except one pirate vessel which seemed more alive with activity than any of the others for reason not apparent.

[HEADING=2]Aboard said Busy Pirate Vessel[/HEADING]

The nail clinked and rolled and bounced and clattered around the vessel in the hurried actions of the crew. Eventually, it found its way under the thick wooden door of one of the more luxurious staterooms. The room was better decorated than one would expect aboard a pirate vessel. Elegant gold-inlaid Montaigne tapestries hung from the walls in all their finery. A desk sat in one corner, topped with papers, ink and a pair of quills. - a sturdy chair before it. Upon the chair sat a leather handbag filled with equipment of unknown use. A well-made bed sat in a different corner, covered in fine linens.

And atop the bed lay a scarred man, hog-tied in the most uncomfortable position and chained to the bed-frame to prevent escape. A gag was over his mouth.

Nearly half an hour after the pin had rolled into the room a portal tore open in the fabric of reality, spilling forth the very red and very naked Reyes and the equally red but remarkably less naked Yvonne.

Deu Sex

Aug 26, 2012
Jean was not having a good night. Hours ago, he had been simply hoping to reach Altamira in time for the festival. Peddle his wares, earn a generous bit of coin, enjoy some drink of his own, have company, make merry and wake up forgetting who he was for a brief time. Well, that and escape the legal jurisdiction of Montaigne. Unfortunately none of these hopes came to be, as Jean was caught at the border and taken captive.

Judging from the scummy way they looked and talked, his captors clearly weren't the typical law enforcement. Probably pirates. Mercenaries being used as manhunters. They had bound Jean in a manner that made his limbs so sore, he wished they would just fall off. The bastards also gagged Jean to stop him from cussing at them. If there was one thing to find relief in, it was that they didn't bother ruffling through his possessions. They had merely left his tools and satchels aside in the same room as Jean.

For most of the day, Jean had laid on the bed hog-tied. He briefly considered trying to shake himself off the bed, but the action only made his limbs ache more. That and he realized that a cushy linen bed was a better place to lay than the wooden floor of a ship. Lately there had been quite a stir of noise outside, mostly consisting of cannonfire and gunshots. Jean prayed that a cannonball wouldn't come crashing into his part of the ship and kill him. And for the most part, that seemed to be working.

As Jean shuffled uncomfortably in his state, something odd happened. He noticed a pin roll into the room, something that would have normally gone unnoticed if the boy had anything other to do than sit around immobile and mute. He didn't pay much care for the pin, until for some reason magic came spewing out of it. Jean's eyes went wide as a portal materialized before his very eyes. From it came two people, a man who was unfortunately naked and a woman who was unfortunately clothed. Both were drenched in red.

Jean stared at the two mysterious beings. His burned face shifted slowly from an expression of shock to bewilderment, then confusion as his brow arched as if to say, "What the actual fuck?"

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

The reaction from the father of the bride was a little unexpected to say the least.

"You know nothing of the world. I must see to it that my daughter is cared for and that our family remains strong. Romantic love is a distraction; lust in guise as something else. I have no doubt that she will be happy, even if she does not see it yet.".

When he finished, Beatrice's dark eyes turned into icy slits. "Is that so?", she said simply, her tone otherwise neutral save the underlying bite.

In all fairness, she shouldn't have been surprised. She wasn't known here, not as Beatrice at any rate, while he wasn't a man of Vodacce. He didn't know the barest extent of a Sorte Witches power, so he didn't know to respect them, or fear them. And at the moment, his approval was far from her top priority: The safety of the bride was.

"I deeply apologise for this blasphemy. I have done naught but sinned against Theus and have wasted time. Forgive me.".

Beatrice promptly whirled around to face the priest-in-training, and for the first time that night her composure broke. She stared at him and gaped slack-jawed, the cigarette on her lips falling unnoticed by her. When she finally managed to say something, she aimed a withering glare at him.

"A... A waste of time?! For a man of the cloth you have surprisingly little faith! We had no idea where the bride was, she could have been anywhere thanks to Porte Magic, but now we know, without a shadow of a doubt, where she is! And you think that was a waste of time?!", she repeated in astonishment.

Shaking her head, she strode over to both El Vago and Garrett, who had been discussing a plan of attack while she found out just where the missing bride was. When she reached them, El Vago herself addressed the group, along with the wounded swordsman who had arrived not a few minutes ago.

"If you wish to stay here in safety I won't begrudge you the choice - Theus knows we stand little chance - but I'd welcome any help you're willing to lend and do my best to ensure your safety.".

"I'm coming. I need to show you which ship the bride is on so you know for certain. And if nothing else, I can always provide a distraction for any pirates.", she added easily, managing to regain her composure in relatively short order.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"I... think that stealth will only take us so far. We'll likely need it to get aboard the vessel without drawing attention to avoid cannon fire, but thereafter I fear we'll need to fight our way to the bottom." Spoke Adrianna after a moment of contemplation.

"Ah well, figured the silent approach would only get us so far." Garrett remarked with an annoyed sounding huff. It was a couple of minutes later, Garrett could make out the group consisting of Señorita Fausti, Father Erasmo, the groom and father of the bride Aniya.

"I suppose this means its time to make our move." Said Adrianna as she also acknowledged the return of the group. "I look forward to fighting beside you Garrett."

"And I look forward to fighting alongside you as well, El Vago." Spoke Garrett with a smile as he tapped the hilt of his Castillian sword.

"I here you are rather skilled with a sword as well Señor Vago, it would be interesting to see if the stories are true." He then added with a smirk. A moment later, Señorita Fausti had joined them.

"I'm coming. I need to show you which ship the bride is on so you know for certain. And if nothing else, I can always provide a distraction for any pirates."

"Splendid! The more the merrier I say. We'll show those pirates a thing or two, and get back the bride all at the same time. So, how did the groom and the bride's father take to your pearls of wisdom?" Garrett said with a delighted looking smile on his face.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
The naked, bloodied Reyes burst into reality, dropping to his knee's and gasping for sweet air, thankful for a bit of silence. He sat there for a moment or two, ignoring the world and focusing on his own noises, the lack of whispers in the back of his mind. Words were hard to find that moment, he just settled for gasping and feeling the ship beneath him, rocking with the waves. Good old earth. At least he thought.

Everything was black, he noticed. Something he should have sooner, probably just distracted. Nothing wrong with him. Reyes moved to sitting on his knees. Had he opened his eyes yet? He forced them open, blinking from the dull light. He rubbed his forearm against his eyes, and felt the burn of the blood on him immediately.

"Gah- ah fuck!" Reyes blurted out, remembering where he likely was. The fucking ship. And he needed pants. Think later, action now. He looked at the hogtied man, doing a double take. He stumbled to his feet, wandering over and pulling out the gag.

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
"Come, let us find somewhere for you to rest; healing won't come without it."

"Yes, father." Safan said although the last word carried some weight behind them. Then before anything else could be done a masked woman came before them with a proposition.

"If you wish to stay here in safety I won't begrudge you the choice - Theus knows we stand little chance - but I'd welcome any help you're willing to lend and do my best to ensure your safety."

Surfan thought for a moment at the woman's plead. Although he would love to help, he looked down at his wounds. He didn't seek to join the afterlife just yet and in joining this woman he feared that would expedite the process.

"I will join you shortly after this good father will tend to my wounds." Safan said to the woman. "As much as it pains me, I cannot join you yet." But in all honesty, his wounds pained him no matter if he joined the fight or not. He had to be tended to even if that meant missing one fight.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
"...As much as it pains me, I cannot join you yet."

Erasmo frowned slightly, "Pardon me, sir. But I doubt you are in any state to join the group just yet, or even as noble as the cause is, you should refrain from fighting tonight. Your wounds are too great."

As for Beatrice's words previously and the lack of response of the father of the bride, he chose simply not care. He had done his best for the father of the bride, that was enough. While with Beatrice's astonished outcry, Erasmo just chose to remain silent. All the previous warmth the priest-in-training had shown to others vanished, only to be replaced by an icy glare. Erasmo now looked at the Cathay-Crescent with that stern look, hopefully it would get the man to return his senses. Speaking of which, Erasmo was sobered by that little speech about faith. Oh how little the hypocrite knew. A Sorceress talking about faith, what next? Then again, his slate wasn't exactly clean either. At least he had forgiveness, forgiveness in Theus.

Besides, it was better to burn that bridge sooner rather than later. A Sorte Witch stalker would only cause trouble later on. He turned to the rescue group, "I am afraid that I will have to stay here with this man. It is my duty."

"Nevertheless, I wish you all the luck in fulfilling yours. May Theus guide you." Erasmo quickly added with a solemn bow of the head.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

Beatrice spared a quick glance back at the priest-in-training Erasmo, and his response had her eyes narrowing again, this time in frustration.

"I am afraid that I will have to stay here with this man. It is my duty. Nevertheless, I wish you all the luck in fulfilling yours. May Theus guide you.".

The man was rather tactful whenever he set his mind to it, it seemed. That, or he was cowardly, though she doubted that was the case. Short-sighted, maybe. Unwilling to put any faith in mages, certainly. But not a coward. As frustrated as she was, she had to admit, she was intrigued in him almost against her will.

"We're going to be talking about this later." she told Erasmo flatly, though her tone was neither cold or angry.

Then she turned fully to both El Vago and her companion.

"Splendid! The more the merrier I say. We'll show those pirates a thing or two, and get back the bride all at the same time. So, how did the groom and the bride's father take to your pearls of wisdom?".

Beatrice's mouth quirked into a wry smile. "They didn't. Apparently I'm naive, and there's no such thing as love. Or choice of spouse." she said, but she shook her head.

"I can't blame them. They aren't from Vodacce, so they don't know how foolish it is to disregard a Sorte Witches predictions like that. Regardless," she said, waving a dismissive hand, "We need to save that bride. This way." Beatrice told them.

She led them down the stairway of the bell tower, and the moment they were outside, she tore in the direction of the docks, knowing exactly which ship the bride was on. With any luck, the bride wouldn't be moved before they got there. As it was, she didn't worry about outpacing her new companions: The fact she was out-of-shape made that impossible for anyone athletic in the least.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
"So much for this outfit" Yvonne thought as the duo bounded out the portal, the pair were covered from head to toe in blood; must have been one hell of a sight for the rooms one other occupant, who was hog tied and chained to a very luxurious bed. However what really caught her eyes was the bag that sat upon just as fine a desk.

"Reyes, I think we've found you some pants," She quipped, she then turned to the man and the bed and continued, "It looks like those pirates have no love for you either and we may have started quite the ruckus downstairs, so, it would be in yours and ours best interest for you to stay quiet, oui?"

Once she was sure that the man understood she walked over to desk pilfered through the bag. All these goodies packed and ready to go.

Deu Sex

Aug 26, 2012
"Gah- ah fuck!" The naked man exclaimed, reflecting Jean's own thoughts. He shifted his gaze away as the bloodied stranger stepped forward, trying to avoid the sight of exposed man parts, and was relieved to feel his gag come off.

"Fuck!" cursed Jean. He gasped a few times, his mouth feeling funny after being gagged for so long. "Who the fuck are you two fucks?" he said, then paused in thought. "Covered in red...that was Porte magic, wasn't it?" Jean remembered the pin that had rolled into the room moments before the two spontaneously appeared. Though he had never witnessed Porte before, Jean knew enough of it from Montaigne adventure stories he read in his youth to recognize the sorcery in action.

"Reyes, I think we've found you some pants," the woman said, making Jean wondered what she meant by that. Judging from her voice, she was clearly Montaigne like him. "It looks like those pirates have no love for you either and we may have started quite the ruckus downstairs, so, it would be in yours and ours best interest for you to stay quiet, oui?"

Jean was going to nod in agreement, but then he saw the woman walk over to the desk and begin pilfering through his satchel. "You touch my shit and I swear to Theus, I will fucking howl so loud the dead will hear it." he hissed, glaring nastily at the girl.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
"Fuck! Who the fuck are you two fucks?"

"I'm Naked Fuck, this is Looter Fuck." Reyes said in greeting, though quietly and only half in his right mind. Oh how he enjoyed silence, in this room there was much of it. Though the sounds of Yvonne moving around the room, looking for treasure filled his ears. He wanted pants.

"Reyes, I think we've found you some pants."

"Oh, did you find pants?" he asked hopefully, looking around the room. His companion focused on the man in front of them, had he asked him the question yet? Probably didn't know. Whatever, he could make perhaps a useful ally? If nothing else, they looked a similar pant size.

"It looks like those pirates have no love for you either and we may have started quite the ruckus downstairs, so, it would be in yours and ours best interest for you to stay quiet, oui?"

'Ever the reasonable one.' Reyes shrugged, hearing her move again. It provoked hostility from the captive there,

"You touch my shit and I swear to Theus, I will fucking howl so loud the dead will hear it."

"I always did say I didn't want to die alone." Reyes marveled aloud. "You might have notice we can teleport, though. You look a bit... bound. Your death doesn't matter much to me, but you can help us. We'll keep your gear as collateral, and I promise at least 50 percent of it back by the end of this misadventure."

Mr.Ivebeenframed

Jan 6, 2011
"Pardon me, sir. But I doubt you are in any state to join the group just yet, or even as noble as the cause is, you should refrain from fighting tonight. Your wounds are too great."

"I understand, sir." Safan said. It pained him not to join them but he guessed that it would pain him even more if he did join them. He sheathed his swords and looked to the priest. "So shall we return to the university or is there another healing place you had in mind, father?"

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Garrett had noticed that Beatrice's had shown a sardonic little smile. "They didn't. Apparently I'm naive, and there's no such thing as love. Or choice of spouse." She then shook her head in what could be described as sympathy. "I can't blame them. They aren't from Vodacce, so they don't know how foolish it is to disregard a Sorte Witches predictions like that. Regardless..." A disregarding hand gesture soon followed. "We need to save that bride. This way." Garrett was somewhat surprised that anyone could say such a thing when talking about love.

"No such thing as love?! Unbelievable! Love is, well, love is a beautiful thing, it brings people together in a way that a regular friendship can't. It helps to create a bond that can last a lifetime if given the right means to nurture and grow. Then again, if a person is so ingrained into their beliefs, they can be seen as blind to alternatives.

This sounds more like a marriage of convince and to boost the status of the respective families with every passing second. No offence intended Señorita Fausti, but I doubt there is much we can do to change their minds, nothing short of sabotage; but that would be cruel for the bride and groom." They soon left the Universidad and headed towards the path of the docks.

"So then, what can you tell us about the ship?"

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

As she continued to make surprisingly good time down the streets of the city in the direction of the ships, El Vago's companion replied, causing her to glance over at him as he spoke.

"No such thing as love?! Unbelievable! Love is, well, love is a beautiful thing, it brings people together in a way that a regular friendship can't. It helps to create a bond that can last a lifetime if given the right means to nurture and grow. Then again, if a person is so ingrained into their beliefs, they can be seen as blind to alternatives. This sounds more like a marriage of convince and to boost the status of the respective families with every passing second. No offence intended Señorita Fausti, but I doubt there is much we can do to change their minds, nothing short of sabotage; but that would be cruel for the bride and groom."

A small smirk curved her lips and she let loose a quick laugh.

"You're right: The Strands that connect the Bride and Groom are one of commerce, not passion, while the Groom loves another." she said, before giving him an approving nod, "For someone who doesn't have Sorte Magic as an advantage, you're rather insightful."

When the subject turned to the ship itself, she sobered quickly and sighed.

"Not much, besides the bride being there. I can't see the Strands through walls, or from that far away, at least not in enough detail. We'll have to search the ship, and take care of any pirates on-board. I'm sorry that I won't be much help for that." she apologized.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
[HEADING=2]Path toward the Docks[/HEADING]

"No such thing as love?! Unbelievable! Love is, well, love is a beautiful thing, it brings people together in a way that a regular friendship can't. It helps to create a bond that can last a lifetime if given the right means to nurture and grow. Then again, if a person is so ingrained into their beliefs, they can be seen as blind to alternatives. This sounds more like a marriage of convince and to boost the status of the respective families with every passing second. No offence intended Señorita Fausti, but I doubt there is much we can do to change their minds, nothing short of sabotage; but that would be cruel for the bride and groom." Garrett said, shocked by the Don and the Groom.

Beatrice seemed to agree; explaining the Stands of Fate.

Before they could catch up to the Father and the Groom, El Vago added her own thoughts to it all. "I think there's been a misunderstanding. I doubt they deny love; more likely love before marriage." she said, drawing on her own knowledge. "True love - in at least the Castillian mind - isn't born of passion. Passion is easy and fleeting." she continued, pointing out the remnants of the mighty festival that used to be around them. "Passion fades and moves onto other things. Other people. Love comes from sharing good and bad times together. In a well matched marriage, the two will fall in love over time as they get to know each other." she said.

Truth told, Adrianna had mixed feelings about what she said. On the one hand, it was certainly at least partially true. But then, she couldn't deny passion didn't play a part. "My point is that love is complicated; not that this should be news." she said, forgetting to mask her voice a bit.

Eventually, they caught up to the Groom and Father and reached the docks.

Across the bay, Castille ships were well into a proper counter attack; their cannons blazing from across the bay as 9 pound balls of iron slammed into the sides of the pirate vessels. Still, the counter-offensive wasn't enough to push back the pirates who appeared to be making ready to sail to freedom; their holds laid down with ill-gotten treasures.

Meanwhile, on the docks themselves, the Inquisition had set up a makeshift barricade to take shots at the pirates foolish enough to be within their rifle range. They fought with vigor unseen in the city guards, though perhaps more desperately than sensibly. Already they were dropping small rafts into the water, loaded down with inquisitors almost assured death at the hands of the cannons, protected only by the little cover fire the inquisition could muster. Still, the sailed forward into the cannons with either reckless abandon or iron souled courage. Whatever their reason, they were desperate to board the ships before they made sail and were lost.

The pirates themselves seemed to be making more haste than seemed entirely necessary in their retreat. Even a novice sailor could tell you their ships would make greater headway than any of the Castillian vessels yet in port and still held the advantage in the engagement despite the growing pincer attack. Whatever the reason, they seemed to desire to be in the wind much sooner than could be expected.

Well; except one pirate vessel which seemed more alive with activity than any of the others for reason not apparent.

Feel free to post responses to Adrianna or speak with the Groom/Father if you like. I just wanted to set the scene in the event no further conversation was needed.

Yes the Docks are almost identical to my last post. Rose and Renault are theoretically on the docks as well though exactly where is a matter of debate.

@Terratina/Mr. I'vebeenframed: Let me know where you do decide to go and I'll make a plot post for you as well.

@Ruedyn/Penguin/Deu: Let me know when you decide to leave the room and I'll make a plot post.

@SamtheDeathclaw/Arcanist: Post?

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
There was a noticeable smirk on Beatrice's face that Garrett noticed, which turned into a quick laugh. "You're right: The Strands that connect the Bride and Groom are one of commerce, not passion, while the Groom loves another." She said, before giving him an approving nod. "For someone who doesn't have Sorte Magic as an advantage, you're rather insightful." Her mood quickly changed though.

"Not much, besides the bride being there. I can't see the Strands through walls, or from that far away, at least not in enough detail. We'll have to search the ship, and take care of any pirates on-board. I'm sorry that I won't be much help for that."

"No need to apologize Señorita, without you, we wouldn't have any clue as to which ship the bride would be on; you've done more than enough to help. And thank you for the insightful remark. I guess my time on the road and at sea has meant I have seen and experienced much. As such, my understanding of things has grown as I have been exposed to different lives."

"I think there's been a misunderstanding. I doubt they deny love; more likely love before marriage." Said Adrianna, still under the guise of El Vago as she threw in her two cents on the matter. "True love - in at least the Castillian mind - isn't born of passion. Passion is easy and fleeting." She then gestured towards what was left of the New Years Festival. "Passion fades and moves onto other things. Other people. Love comes from sharing good and bad times together. In a well matched marriage, the two will fall in love over time as they get to know each other."

"My point is that love is complicated; not that this should be news." Adrianna finished up on, though her real voice had come through there for a moment.

"I won't deny that you have a point there Vago; love is a strange beast, very unpredictable. But what if two people fell in love before they were married, and got to know each other a little before. Mutual respect, especially in the case of two members of the opposite gender, can lead to many things, love and romance being one of them." Garrett remarked as they reached the Docks. The situation here didn't look all that great.

"Any ideas on how we're going to get to the ships without being shot at by either side then?"

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Rosemonde stepped over a heap of... Something, before realizing just what it was.
Reyes. Right. Nude and alone, probably surrounded by pirates.
She collected the clothing, and stored it in her pack- she normally carried a spare set, but she'd left it on the ship for their outing.
She looked after the rifleman, who hadn't spoken back to her. Beyond him, the Inquisitors were launching small rafts into the bay, paddling furiously for the ships. She caught back up, stepped up next to him, and pointed to the one ship that seemed to be stalling.
"I should think that whatever's going on there isn't good for the pirate scum. Want to go make it worse?" she asked with a twinkle in her eye. "We could get on one of those rafts, kill them Inquisitors if they disagree, and go see about killing some more pirates."
And hopefully find Reyes.
She was beginning to worry. This wasn't a normal skirmish, and he was nude and likely alone. And foolish, she had to admit. She would bet money that the stalled ship had something to do with Reyes, on purpose or not.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
Renault was too preoccupied with reloading his rifle to pay much mind to Rosemonde's initial question - in an environment as wet as these docks, any mistake with loading could easily lead to a misfire. A fatal outcome, when a missed shot could mean the difference between life and death. As he finished loading, he noticed she was scooping up the clothing the mist wizard was wearing earlier into her pack and started looking towards the ship the Inquisitors were heading towards.

"I should think that whatever's going on there isn't good for the pirate scum. Want to go make it worse?" He chuckled at her enthusiasm. If nothing else, his cover had to be thoroughly blown by now, so there was little reason to not take another risk. He still hadn't found any of the answers he sought, and he was going to change that one way or another. "I agree. Let us be off." He hopped into a raft and got into position to man the oars, slinging his rifle over his shoulder. "Ah, and where are my manners? You may call me Renault, madame."

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
"I agree. Let us be off." the rifleman said, hopping into a raft and grabbing the oars. Rosemonde turned to the Inquisitors.
"I am Rosemonde Baudin, Knight of the Order of the Rose and Cross. There is a dangerous fugitive my companion and I are hunting aboard that ship. We will return your craft once he has been secured." Quick, businesslike, and imperious. Hopefully they wouldn't think to protest the capture of a fugitive?
She finger the handle of her rapier delicately as she said this, and stepped onto the craft with a small smile. "I, and my order, thank you for your cooperation."

She grinned at the man, who identified himself as Renault.
"Well, it's not a lie per se," she said quietly, out of hearing of the Inquisitors. She giggled. "I'm Rosemonde. Pleasure to meet you, Renault."