8 Action Movies to Look Forward to in 2017

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
8 Action Movies to Look Forward to in 2017

It's going to be a big year for action movies in 2017. Here's our list of favorites that will hit the big screen this year.

Are you looking forward to a movie that wasn't listed? We would love to hear about it in the comments section below!

Read Full Article

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
1) No

2) No

3) Hell no

4) Yes, I guess

5) Yes, I guess

6) Hell yes (but as an action movie? Um, no, not really)

7) No

8) No

Sigh...is it the films, or me?

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
1 - Yes
2 - No (Rated R?) Maybe
3 - NO
4 - I still prefer Beam Katanas over Light Sabers.
5 - Yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if I hated it.
6 - As long as it's Rated R I guess. (I don't remember seeing the first one)
7 - Don't Care. Saw Deadpool.
8 - Don't Care. Saw Deadpool.
-
I haven't seen the previous movies, but I'm looking forward to Underworld: Blood Wars.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
Damn, snubbing Wonder Woman and JL? BvS and Suicide Squad weren't great, but I enjoyed them way more then Bayformers.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Seems to be the fun thing to do these days, so here's my rundown! :D

1: Nope.
2: The only exception to my "never pay to see a Fox-made Marvel movie" rule has been Deadpool, and it's going to stay that way till Deadpool 2.
3: Seriously...they're still making these fucking movies?
4: My dad will inevitably want to see it, which means free ticket for me...might as well take it.
5: As much as I love the Alien franchise and universe...I'm not paying to go see a new Alien movie at the theaters.
6: I have a distinct feeling that this is going to be terribad...as is the way with most franchises that have been exhumed from the 80's.
7: While the concept of Thor and Hulk on a cosmic road trip is intriguing, Thor 2 REALLY sucked...
8: Not gonna lie........I was hooked since the first teaser showing that conversation over the bomb....

Devin Barker

Aug 10, 2012
1) Sure why not
2) They have not made one good xmen film yet and I dont think they will start now
3) Im not even going to justify this no... you get it
4) All the yes
5) Other than Charlizes inability to run left or right... I didnt mind Prometheus so im in for this
6) I did not see the original until a few months ago and I think the hype over sold it... it was ok... so this will probably be ok
7) Didnt care for Thor 1 but actually enjoyed 2. With WWHulk and Dr Strange in the mix I think this will be good
8) Faith in Gunn. This will be amazeballs

Cartographer

Jun 1, 2009
"Prometheus was a decent reboot for the Alien franchise."

What little credibility may have remained died a lonely, pain-filled, rasping death with that line.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
So, there is absolutely no love here on the forums for your choice number 3 - Transformers. The comments speak for themselves. And I echo those comments. But if somebody gave me an opportunity to put money into one of these movies for a share in the profits, I'd be all over it. Michael Bay freakin' prints money with them. Forget toys and other associated merchandising. These movies are all simply crazy profitable:

Movie / Cost to Make / World Gross / Profit / Return on Investment
Transformers: The One That Started It / -$150 / $710 / $560 million / 373%
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen / -$200 / $836 / $636 million / 318%
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon / -$195 / $1,124 / $929 million / 476%
Transformers 4: Age of Extinction / -$210 / $1,104 / $894 million / 426%

So, we can gripe all we want about these being terrible movies. But they are heavy on action and they put butts in the seats.

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
True enough Clankenbeard, but this isn't the top potentially financially successful films of 2017, it's the films to look forward too.

TheScorpion

Feb 24, 2016
John Wick 2 seems fun from the trailer but a part of me feels like its gonna suck in the end.

Logan I'm looking forward to.

Why is Transformers 5 on there?

I'll likely see Star Wars regardless, but I wanna see more info on it first.

I'm not looking forward to Alien Covenant since I feel its suffering from the same problems as Prometheus(Scientists act more like teens in a slasher films) but I'm likely to see it anyway since I know my mom will want to see it no matter how it turns out.

I still need to see the original Blade Runner.

It's a MCU film, I'm practically obliged to see these films at this point. That goes for both Thor and GOTG.