8 Amazing Films to Remember Robin Williams

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Amazing Films to Remember Robin Williams

On August 11 a comedic genius, and all around good person, Robin Williams passed away. To celebrate his career we highlight eight of his best films, there are many more but let's just focus on eight for right now. Let's all look back at the life of a man that made millions laugh, and in doing so he made the world a better place for us all.

Read Full Article

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
I thought we wanted to remember the good things about Williams, and yet you put Death to Smoochy on this list? And moreover, you didn't include Good Morning Vietnam?

I watched his stand-up special Weapons of Self-Destruction last night. We've lost a great performer, we may never see his like again.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
I wasn't that big fan of Williams (Except live, he was hilarious in interviews and the like) but The Fisher King is a masterpiece, i love that movie and i'll make sure that rewatch it before the week is over. While i'm at it, i better find time to watch Good Morning Vietnam, i've heard a lot about it but never actually found the time to watch it. I might also seek out a copy of Insomnia to see if it holds up better now that i'm older, i remember Williams being pretty intense in the role as a villain.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Worlds greatest dad. That film surprised the hell out of me for its morals and odd dark humour. You can see part of his troubled self shine through.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
to be honest, I think Yahoo had a better, more comprehensive list of his greatest film roles:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/robin-williams-c1407801116548.html

Admittedly Williams had been making a lot of crap. But name me one actor who hasn't. This was a guy who had a gift and was one of the funniest people ever born. He did a lot of good in the world and that's more than I can say about most people. Rest well, you'll never be forgotten.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
No Good Morning Vietnam? No Mrs. Doubtfire? No Dead Poets Society? No Patch Adams? No Jumanji?! Come on, Escapist! Get your head in the game! Death To Smoochy wasn't even that good! Hell, even August Rush was better than Smoochy.
Just gonna say it too; he was terrifying in One Hour Photo

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
SlightlyEvil said:
I thought we wanted to remember the good things about Williams, and yet you put Death to Smoochy on this list? And moreover, you didn't include Good Morning Vietnam?

I watched his stand-up special Weapons of Self-Destruction last night. We've lost a great performer, we may never see his like again.
Silentpony said:
No Good Morning Vietnam? No Mrs. Doubtfire? No Dead Poets Society? No Patch Adams? No Jumanji?! Come on, Escapist! Get your head in the game! Death To Smoochy wasn't even that good! Hell, even August Rush was better than Smoochy.
Just gonna say it too; he was terrifying in One Hour Photo

And here i was coming to say how glad i was the death to smoochy was on the list as i fucking love that movie, and love rainbow randolph to bits.

Sad times :(