8 Amazing Video Game Trailers

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Amazing Video Game Trailers

These eight game trailers are some of the best of all time, even if you don't like the games they represent.

Read Full Article

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
No Deus Ex Human Revolution?

That trailer was hype as all hell *_*

If anything I thought that the reason behind today's gallery was because Mankind Divided had a similarly good trailer lol

Johnlives

Dec 6, 2009
I've always liked the Skyrim trailer.

You get a sense of the scale of it, some action plus dragon reveal.

Although I think it may mostly be because of the way Max von Sydow says "fire"

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I was a fan of both Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel trailers as well as the Handsome Collections.

But the one I would say deserved to be there was the Lost Odyssey one with White Rabbit playing as the song. That was even better than these as it was just a commercial. A 90 second montage for an epic RPG.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
Sigmund Av Volsung said:

If anything I thought that the reason behind today's gallery was because Mankind Divided had a similarly good trailer lol

That isn't a trailer, it's a Work of Art.
Mythological and film allusions, consistent themes, with rising action.
Also about 70% of it wasn't in the game.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Sigmund Av Volsung said:

That's another one that was on my list but didn't make the cut.

Here, I'll let you in my head for a minute. Today's gallery came about because on Sunday my 10-year-old son came into my office and asked if we could watch the original World of Warcraft trailer again (he'd apparently seen it before) because he thought it was awesome. That got me thinking about awesome trailers, which led to this.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Bioshock Infinite definitely had an amazing trailer, but I can't help but feel in hindsight that it reveals how much of the game was changed in utero, so to speak- some rushed, and some not for the better.

Note, for example, that the trailer's Elizabeth has all ten fingers...?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Two that come to mind are the 'Infamy' trailer for Modern Warfare 2 (which had many awesome trailers, quite frankly):

and the launch trailer (sometimes called the 'Fight for the Lost' trailer) for Mass Effect 2:

Also great are the trailers/opening cinematic for Rock Band and Rock Band 2 for their balls out insanity and rocking music choices.

Great, now I feel like digging through to rewatch my favorite trailers.

TheMigrantSoldier

Nov 12, 2010

I think this captures the spirit of the Fall of the Samurai pretty well. The transitions from the romantic portrayal of the "Samurai way" to cold reality. It was almost comedic.

The Four Horsemen trailers for Total War: Attila were also pretty atmospheric.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
There are three Trailers/Intro's I always keep on my computer.
Your Nr 2 & 3 and Freelancer's Trailer/Intro.

Jingle Fett

Sep 13, 2011
I haven't even played the game (no idea how good it actually is, heard mixed stuff), but one of my all time favorite game trailers is the Fable 3 trailer.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I suppose it's a matter of opinions. Sure there were some that I agreed with but some I didn't. while Dead Island trailer was amazing but it was also the most misleading game trailer of them all!