8 Awesome Co-op Games

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Awesome Co-op Games

Bring a friend to these eight games, because they're much better with someone to play alongside.

Read Full Article

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Were this my list, it would definitely include the original Halo and an old SNES game called Zombies Ate My Neighbors. ZAMN is still some of the most fun I've had playing a video game in my entire life. :)

Cheers!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Ehhh I don't know about Lego Star Wars. Tried it the other day with my girlfriend and it was kind of boring. It's about as walk-in-the-park as a game can get. No real challenge or sense of satisfaction, and not particularly entertaining either. We were done with it after 2 episodes.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Resident Evil 6 is a great coop game. I'm cereal. Seriously though, it's a lot of fun, even if the general consensus is that... well, it's shit, I still really enjoyed it and the coop is a lot of fun.*

[small]*Disclaimer, I have the PC version, so yeah, if the console version still suffers from framedrops, tearing and whatnot, it looks awesome on PC at 60 fps.[/small]

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
SupahGamuh said:
Resident Evil 6 is a great coop game. I'm cereal. Seriously though, it's a lot of fun, even if the general consensus is that... well, it's shit, I still really enjoyed it and the coop is a lot of fun.*

[small]*Disclaimer, I have the PC version, so yeah, if the console version still suffers from framedrops, tearing and whatnot, it looks awesome on PC at 60 fps.[/small]
Ha, I agree with you. My friend and I played the entire game in co op. We had a total blast. Yeah, the game is clearly not at the height of Resident Evil, but if you can find a friend to play it with--not just so random stranger who is just tearing through the levels--then it's a blast. Except for that final boss fight in Chris' story. Ugh.

I love Nazi Zombies. I bought all the map packs for World at War and Black Ops, and when Black Ops II released Origin, I bought that too. Never touched the multiplayer maps. I bought them all for the zombie stuff. I loved the dark, self-aware humor, and the storyline, and I think I'm like one of three people that actually thinks the way they ended everything was perfect.
Recently my friends and I have been talking about firing Origins up again, just because it's so much fun to play.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Kirby Superstar, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Dynasty Warriors would be near the top of my list.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
They were all good but to add some other games.

Timesplitters series: Everything can be played with two players and there is a lot to play

Crackdown: In a very open ended sandbox anyone can do whatever the fuck they want.

Rainbow Six series: From the originals to the Vegas games, Terrorist Hunt is always a blast.

Halo series: Again, everything can be played with two players.

Serious Sam series: That one goes up to 16 players on the PC.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Needs more Divinity Original sin, it's a coop rpg made designed with coop in mind for crying out loud.

Though somewhat of an obscure and underpraised title, Hunted: demon forge is a great coop experience too, and also one of them games that is designed with coop first and foremost (to the point the single player experience is negatively affected, which leds to its poor reviewing).

If we are going to be listing games such as contra, then no reason why some ps coop classics can't be included either:
Team Buddies, LAPD Cop, Timesplitters and a lot more that I'm struggling to remember.

Also I'd nominate the saints row series as being extremely coop friendly.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:
Ha, I agree with you. My friend and I played the entire game in co op. We had a total blast. Yeah, the game is clearly not at the height of Resident Evil, but if you can find a friend to play it with--not just so random stranger who is just tearing through the levels--then it's a blast. Except for that final boss fight in Chris' story. Ugh.
Yeah, I think the game's lowest point in general might be Chris' story, but other than that, it still was a lot of fun, even in singleplayer, the partner AI is surprisingly competent* compared to the attrocious partner AI in RE5.

[small]*Again, PC version, I dunno if there's any issues related to the AI in the console version.[/small]

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Left 4 Dead 2 - that's probably the worst game on the list because the game goes out of its way to make sure that solo-rambo players have it the easiest (unlike the first game, where they died the fastes) by adding "insta-kill-everything-with-infinite-use"-melee-weapons, about a bajillion weapons in each map, countless healthitems...
Yeah, L4D2 is the prime example of how NOT to make coop.

And I do notice a serious lack of Payday.

cth

Aug 11, 2009
Hidden and Dangerous? Turtles in time? Quake 1 and 2? Resident Evil 5 even. Dungeon Siege 1 and 2. Diablo 1 and 2 as well. Battle Toads for the really hardcore. Zombies ate my neighbours, which has already been named here. Secret of Mana - well, that one is more of a personal preference. New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Dead Island. Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks. Resident Evil Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles.

Those are the ones that come to mind when I think about coop. Though greatest one is obviously Hidden and Dangerous. I know it's old but it's still the best coop game out there. Well, in my opinion at least. And the best thing: It's free. (Hidden and dangerous deluxe, google it!)

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Baffle said:
Could probably have done with some Final Fight in there, or maybe even POW. Really any side-scrolling beat 'em up (Double Dragon?) Side note: do they still make side-scrolling fighters?

Modern-day co-op I'd say 7 Days to Die, though I guess that isn't necessarily co-op (it usually is on my network, but Mrs B has clipped me with bullets too many times for it to be an accident).
Side-Scrollers are out of fashion, but they were a ton of fun. The indie scene makes some of them, typically in 8 or 16-bit style with chip-tune music and all the other indie trappings of the day. BRO-FORCE and suchlike.

For my money the best of the best in side-scrollers would be a dead heat tie between the original Double Dragon from the arcade days and Streets of Rage from the SEGA Genesis. :)