8 Awesome Fallout: New Vegas Mods

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I love the Tales of Two Wastelands mod. It imports Fallout 3 and it's DLC in to the much more stable NV engine. You can then start in F3, finish it and it's DLC (F3 and it's DLC are a requirement for TTW), then hop a 9 year (i think) train ride to New Vegas, where you can start that game and it's DLC. The bonus being you can level up to the cap, and bring all your gear in to New Vegas.

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
008Zulu said:
I love the Tales of Two Wastelands mod. It imports Fallout 3 and it's DLC in to the much more stable NV engine. You can then start in F3, finish it and it's DLC (F3 and it's DLC are a requirement for TTW), then hop a 9 year (i think) train ride to New Vegas, where you can start that game and it's DLC. The bonus being you can level up to the cap, and bring all your gear in to New Vegas.
Any idea if that would work with the GoG version of Fallout 3, or does it have to be the Steam one? Steam's version apparently has a lot of issues in getting it running. Though I guess that may not actually be a problem, since from what I understand you run TTW through New Vegas.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Ftaghn To You Too said:
Any idea if that would work with the GoG version of Fallout 3
The install guide for the mod does say the Steam version, but perhaps with the GoG release, they will do something for that.

Sep 14, 2009
008Zulu said:
ohh...I didn't know about this. It has been years since I did F3/NV, so that may have to happen later this summer.

Thanks for pointing this out.