8 Awesome Fallout: New Vegas Mods

Sep 14, 2009
ooh surprisingly hadn't heard of about half of these, that brazil one sounds very neat! I remember trying the bounties back when it just had come out, soooo buggy, so I had to uninstall it at the time, might have to give that another shot as well.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
I have to agree that Project Nevada is incredible. Imaginator is good for making the contrast and colour just a little bit cleaner as well.

Now I need to go play Project Brazil, Damn you Ffronw... I only have so much time, I cannot play all these games...

(How the bloody hell does time embedding work now? Relevant joke starts at 45s)

Jan 12, 2012
The embed code for Nevada Skies (page 2) was written improperly.

OT: The truck mod looks fantastic. I've always been kind of bummed about the fact that there were no vehicles around in the Fallout-verse other than a Brahmin cart or two (and the occasional Vertibird you couldn't use). I'd love it if you could scrounge up the parts for a half-working truck and haul a trailer around the Wasteland freely, but this is an OK middle.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Thunderous Cacophony said:

OT: The truck mod looks fantastic. I've always been kind of bummed about the fact that there were no vehicles around in the Fallout-verse other than a Brahmin cart or two (and the occasional Vertibird you couldn't use). I'd love it if you could scrounge up the parts for a half-working truck and haul a trailer around the Wasteland freely, but this is an OK middle.
you can build a car in Fallout 2 by doing just that

OT: Great mods all around

Jan 12, 2012
Veldie said:
Thunderous Cacophony said:

you can build a car in Fallout 2 by doing just that
I had heard of the Highwayman, but I thought it was just a fancy fast-travel system. Hot damn, time to go see if I can scrounge up a copy of F2!

Sep 14, 2009
vallorn said:
I have to agree that Project Nevada is incredible. Imaginator is good for making the contrast and colour just a little bit cleaner as well.

Now I need to go play Project Brazil, Damn you Ffronw... I only have so much time, I cannot play all these games...

(How the bloody hell does time embedding work now? Relevant joke starts at 45s)
okay wtf..I had an explanation for you because I've done it many times, then all the sudden my method doesn't work anymore...

I used to be able to put something like &start=45 after the relevant youtube bit, but now that just gives an error..

WHAT THE FUCK ESCAPIST.

Nergui

Dec 13, 2013
No mention of Tale of Two Wastelands [https://taleoftwowastelands.com/]. We can't be friends anymore, not that we were to begin with.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
gmaverick019 said:
okay wtf..I had an explanation for you because I've done it many times, then all the sudden my method doesn't work anymore...

I used to be able to put something like &start=45 after the relevant youtube bit, but now that just gives an error..

WHAT THE FUCK ESCAPIST.
There was a long discussion on this in the tech team group the other day. You might give that a look and see what came of it.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Baby Deathclaw Commander mod: [link]http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37388/?[/link] (I can't figure out how to make words as links). To say this makes how Fallout 3's Dogmeat worked look like crap would be an understatement. Hatching it, feeding it, deciding it's behavior, all that works great, and the thing is FREAKING ADORABLE. Who's a little killing machine? You are! You are!

The Robco Certified mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43331/? is another great one. It allows you to build a bunch of robots or repair broken ones including former enemies for your own use as both fighters and pack mules by purchasing perks at level ups and with the right parts. Having a Robobrain following you around is fun, and there's a super powerful amalgamation bot that's even better.

Another is a mod I can't find anymore that allowed you to turn all companions truly passive with the push of a button, so they wouldn't run off and start attacking things without your input, it only works on vanilla companions though. I tried to use the JIP Companions Command and Control mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/50468/? which supposedly would do the same thing to most any companion vanilla or no but I could never get it to work at all. Most likely the result of a mod conflict since I have about 3 dozen mods.

As you might notice all of these have something to do with companions, which is natural as the vanilla companions and their system sucks BADLY.

I'm also glad to see a true crafting system will be made in Fallout 4, since I also have a mod that works similarly and it's good to see that Bethesda realized just how pointless all that random junk lying around everywhere is without something to actually do with them.

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
MarsAtlas said:
Sadly, no. You can whup their arse catastrophically in one of the DLCs, though.
Yeah, but that's not the same as my dream of ambushing legion caravans with a high powered sniper rifle, is it? And then laughs as I imagine the base commander staring off into the distance, desperately hoping for reinforcements after the water supply got mysteriously poisoned last week.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
gmaverick019 said:
WHAT THE FUCK ESCAPIST.
That was my favourite part. Now, as for solving the issue, the code was updated a while ago. This [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.850242-The-Escapist-Users-Guide-to-Posting-Commands-and-How-to-do-Fancy-Code-Stuff] thread should be updated, but you should remove the "&" and just leave a gap (no underscore) after the time code, so it's simply "[*youtube=xyz start=45]".

OT: Thanks fo' the gallery. I like the ones that showcase mods. Nice and creative picks as well; I hadn't even heard of the last one.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013

Need something to tide you over until Fallout 4 arrives later this year? Try these eight awesome mods for Fallout: New Vegas!

Read Full Article

Sep 14, 2009
ffronw said:

Need something to tide you over until Fallout 4 arrives later this year? Try these eight awesome mods for Fallout: New Vegas!

Read Full Article

....you gave me a horrific case of deja vu until I went to the comments and I was the first comment.

Do I even exist?...