8 Batman Villains That Could Use The Attention

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Ok I'll have a go...

8/ KGBeast, because Cold War nostalgia that's why.
7/ Preston Payne Clayface, because he doesn't want to harm anyone, but he kills everyone he touches...except the beautiful Helena.
6/Scarface/The Ventriloquist, just who is calling the shots anyway?
5/ Firefly, burn baby burn.
4/ Killer Moth, a Batman for bad guys, I can't help loving Killer Moth.
3/ Man Bat, because Man Bat is freaky.
2. Catman, especially after Secret Six, Catman has some edge and isn't really that evil which makes him interesting.
1/ Deadshot. Because the Ostrander run of Suicide Squad that is why...Floyd is awesome.

Also considered...
The Penny Plunderer because of that giant Penny in the Bat Cave.
The Ten Eyed Man because his FINGERS ARE EYES!
and Dr. Amanda Waller, but she is the hero and Batman is the villain...

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I'm glad some have posted the names as I'm not immediately familiar with a couple. However I do agree with many of the comments here that some are far from out of the spot light. To be honest though, you could take all of the bios from Arkham Asylum and cherry pick from that, it was a great list of villains, known and obscure.

Johnny Novgorod said:
Bane - First boss battle of Arkham Asylum, major quest giver in Arkham City, is appearing as one of the assassins in Arham Origins, is the main villain in The Dark Knight Rises.
Don't forget Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Stabby Joe said:
I'm glad some have posted the names as I'm not immediately familiar with a couple. However I do agree with many of the comments here that some are far from out of the spot light. To be honest though, you could take all of the bios from Arkham Asylum and cherry pick from that, it was a great list of villains, known and obscure.

Johnny Novgorod said:
Bane - First boss battle of Arkham Asylum, major quest giver in Arkham City, is appearing as one of the assassins in Arham Origins, is the main villain in The Dark Knight Rises.
Don't forget Injustice: Gods Among Us.
Thanks, edited Injustice into the list.

If I had to choose I would go with Black Mask. He's a recurring villain in The Batman, appears in Batman: The Brave and the Bold and the film Under The Red Hood, and he technically appears in Arkham City in one of those blink-and-miss cameos. He's also apparently the main villain in Arkham Origins, so that should shut me up. I just love the guy and his wannabe act and I'm glad he's getting more attention these days.

Picking from the Arkham Asylum bios I'm also interested in White Shark, even if he does seem a little too like Black Mask (i.e. mobster who's facially disfigured), just because I've never seen him in anything and would like to know a little more about him, as well as Killer Moth, just to see how they make that into a passable character. Oh and Prometheus as an anti-Batman.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Where's Crazy Quilt?

Or, how about Onomatapeia? (first time in a long time I've been scared shitless by a new villain)

But seriously, Crazy Quilt. Kevin Smith did a wonderful send up of him in The Widening Gyre, and I believe The Brave and Bold did a wonderful episode on him as well, but he's still very much in the D list of the Rogues Gallery.

I see that other commentators have given all the necessary criticism to the article, I shall now exit stage left and visit Calendar Man in Arkham City...

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Stabby Joe said:
I'm glad some have posted the names as I'm not immediately familiar with a couple. However I do agree with many of the comments here that some are far from out of the spot light. To be honest though, you could take all of the bios from Arkham Asylum and cherry pick from that, it was a great list of villains, known and obscure..

If I had to choose I would go with Black Mask. He's a recurring villain in The Batman, appears in Batman: The Brave and the Bold and the film Under The Red Hood, and he technically appears in Arkham City in one of those blink-and-miss cameos. He's also apparently the main villain in Arkham Origins, so that should shut me up. I just love the guy and his wannabe act and I'm glad he's getting more attention these days.

Picking from the Arkham Asylum bios I'm also interested in White Shark, even if he does seem a little too like Black Mask (i.e. mobster who's facially disfigured), just because I've never seen him in anything and would like to know a little more about him, as well as Killer Moth, just to see how they make that into a passable character. Oh and Prometheus as an anti-Batman.
Couldn't agree more!

White Shark and Prometheus would be wonderful to see in an Arkham series game, especially as they were referenced in Riddles in Asylum
(anyone remember the jar in the creepy morgue?)

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Boba Frag said:
Couldn't agree more!

White Shark and Prometheus would be wonderful to see in an Arkham series game, especially as they were referenced in Riddles in Asylum
(anyone remember the jar in the creepy morgue?)[/quote]

I remember scanning that jar just because its design and placement had a lot of attention to it and was probably important. I didn't realize its contents were White Shark's facial bits until I read about it somewhere else. Truly eww.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Maximilian Zeus.
Why? Because I am a sucker for Greek Mythology and he can shoot lightnings... SHOOT LIGHTNINGS !!!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
If you intend to play through Arkham Origins in the near future and wish to do so unspoiled, then dont open the spoiler tab below.

Everyone else...

Black Mask was supplanted by the Joker days before the events of Arkham Origins began. The $50m bounty on Batmans head and the assassins was all Jokers doing. Hes not dead, but by the time Batman gets to him (who is then intercepted by Copperhead, BM escapes in the meantime) Joker has seized control of his legitimate company and his criminal enterprises.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
hermes200 said:
Maximilian Zeus.
Why? Because I am a sucker for Greek Mythology and he can shoot lightnings... SHOOT LIGHTNINGS !!!
Can he? I thought he just "thought" he was Zeus.

gigastar said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
If you intend to play through Arkham Origins in the near future and wish to do so unspoiled, then dont open the spoiler tab below.
Dammit I know this is gonna be something along the lines of "he's not really the villain" but I refuse to peek.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
funksobeefy said:
Why is it that when there are lists on the internet there is a page for each point?
Because websites make money(indirectly) through page views. The more pages you have to view to see content, the more cash they make.
OT: List without names about "obscure" characters. Boo. Boo-erns.
I too would like to see the Penny Plunderer make a comeback. They dropped him and retconned the Penny to be part of a Two Face caper because penny's are now worthless. The thing is, I think the fact that they are worthless could make him a very interesting character, as he'd be a madman wreaking havoc for a pathetic sum of money. Mostly I just want to see more of Jon Lovitz as Cheapo in a show that wasn't otherwise trash.
I suppose he'd be played more as a gag villain, but still I'd rather see this guy robbing convenience stores of their take-a-penny-leave-a-penny's and fountain diving than not existing at all.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
hermes200 said:
Maximilian Zeus.
Yes, he only thought he was. That didn't stop him from getting lightning based gadgets that allowed him to, effectively, kill his enemies with lightning bolts, much like Freeze uses ice.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
hermes200 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
hermes200 said:
Maximilian Zeus.
Yes, he only thought he was. That didn't stop him from getting lightning based gadgets that allowed him to, effectively, kill his enemies with lightning bolts, much like Freeze uses ice.
Besides the Arkham bios all I've ever seen him in was Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, the freaky Alan Grant graphic novel, where he's an emaciated wretch hooked to cables and addicted to electroshock therapy, so I don't know him as a formidable villain, but it'd be interesting to see how they do his character so that it's not silly and presents a threat of some sort.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
hermes200 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
hermes200 said:
Maximilian Zeus.
Besides the Arkham bios all I've ever seen him in was Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, the freaky Alan Grant graphic novel, where he's an emaciated wretch hooked to cables and addicted to electroshock therapy, so I don't know him as a formidable villain, but it'd be interesting to see how they do his character so that it's not silly and presents a threat of some sort.
He appears in The Batman and The Animated Series, where he has a plan that was later ripped off by Mr Freeze in Batman & Robin (giant cannon from his skyscraper aimed at the city).
I don't think he is that interesting as a villain. He is mostly a gimmicky villain. But, as far as gimmicks in games go, you could do a lot worst than a millionaire with electric weapons living in the penthouse of a building with Greek mythology based security systems; and he is certainly underused.