8 Best Selling Games For The Xbox 360

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Best Selling Games For The Xbox 360

The previous generation of consoles was a great one, they provided us with so many hours of enjoyment. So let's celebrate the 8 best selling games for the Xbox 360, a great console that provided some great games.

Read Full Article

sirjeffofshort

Oct 2, 2012
I was curious, so I checked it out, and all in all I'd say this list is kinda depressingly bland. I'm not trying to make a statement about the games involved or their quality, just that 7 out of 8 are all fairly similar in nature. What makes it depressing is that last gen saw so many great games of all different varieties.

That said... I really wasn't all that surprised either.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Wow.
Such blandness
Much shooting.
Nice S.W.M. leads.
Very grey.
Wow.

OT?
Would be nice to see a '8 Best Selling EXCLUSIVES For 360/PS3/Wii.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
That's a really depressing list. Like...I'm kind of ashamed of my 360 right now. I guess this list perfectly encapsulates the spunkgarglewee of AAA games

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Were did you get the figures? because 4 CoD games have sold over 13 million copies each to end users on 360 according to Activision.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I've played exactly none of those. I have interest in playing exactly none of those. Well maybe Minecraft, but if I ever give in it'll be the PC version that I plaly, not the XBox 360.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
What about GTA 5? The best selling anything ever surely should have made this list...

EDIT: while I couldn't find sales breakdown by system, I did find this about GTA 5: "As of August 2014, the game has sold-in over 34 million units to retailers for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360"

so, the lowest number on your list is 5 million, meaning for GTA to have not made this list, GTA would have had to sell 30 million on PS3 and only 4 million on Xbox, which is stupidly impossible. Your list is broken. And if you managed to forget the best selling piece of entertainment in human history, I'm willing to bet more of your list is misinformed and broken.

0/10, would not recommend.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Ah, the Xbox 360. Throne of console shooters for almost a decade. According to Wikipedia, there was about 100 of FPSes punched out for it and over 70 third person shootingers. (Take heed: Wikipedia slings both of those labels around generously.)

No wounder I gave my sister my 360, for kinect purposes. It would have been nice if Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey was ported to the PS3. Now I got to hunt down some things when I get around to it.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Okay, so here is the wiki page that the author copy pasted info from, an equally inaccurate list which ALSO excludes GTA 5...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Xbox_360_video_games

just goes to show, relying on wiki is a fool's game.

M Silverthorn

Nov 9, 2008
I know we're relying purely on sales figures here to make a 'top whatever' list...

But what a garbage list it is. Could we have not done a 'only one entry from a series' clause on this one? Maybe give a few other titles some time in the spotlight that weren't another mindless shooter?

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
martyrdrebel27 said:
What about GTA 5? The best selling anything ever surely should have made this list...
I noticed that too, if you look at VGchartz (don't know how reliable that site is) it sold over 14 million copies for the 360.

emanresu2

Sep 26, 2014
How is Black Ops an indie game? Activision is the publisher and they surely paid some money for it. I also think that game just had standard Zombies, not Nazi Zombies.

Ticklefist

Jul 19, 2010
Dude has got to be day dreaming as he types up these articles. Gears of War in the early 2000s?

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
Tanis said:
Wow.
Such blandness
Much shooting.
Nice S.W.M. leads.
Very grey.
Wow.

OT?
Would be nice to see a '8 Best Selling EXCLUSIVES For 360/PS3/Wii.
Half the list for the 360 would be the same, both Halos, both GoW, and Kinect are all exclusive.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
I'm never keen on including bundled games in with sales stats; it always seems a bit artificial (and means that the biggest game of all time is surely Minesweeper).

Also, yeah, GTAV should be there somewhere.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
emanresu2 said:
How is Black Ops an indie game? Activision is the publisher and they surely paid some money for it. I also think that game just had standard Zombies, not Nazi Zombies.

One of the original definitions for an indie game was any game developed by a non-console manufacture.