Srsly said:
I thought it was pretty awesome.

Kimberland said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
1500 hours that took.

Iz nice.
Or 62.5 days :D

OT: DAMMM!
Wow, a little over 2 months and they got something that awesome. Kudos. -tips hat-
I think it would have taken them longer than that, since they nobody could work 24 hours a day for 62.5 days.

The were probably working on it for at least twice or three times as long.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Doug said:
Damn good video!

Shadedblade said:
Damn, this must of taken sooooo long, they must have been working on it since the 8-bit era. Pretty damn epic in my opinion.
I'm guessing the bulk of this video is CGI, rather than real lego bricks.
Actually, they claim it was all stop-motion, and that it took 1500 hours of building lego contraptions and taking photo's.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
my mouth was hanging wide open the whole time. some of the things were just... whoa

CUnk

Oct 24, 2008
Personally I think anyone who claims this is CGI is doing the creators a disservice. I think the only role a computer had in this (besides compiling the video from the photos and composing the music) was perhaps to map the block layout for the 1-bit video scenes.

I mean, if it was CGI then I will be hugely disappointed.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
What a mess, my jaw is all over the floor now. This is EPIC WIN! If there is any award for this category, please give it to them.

The PONG! part at 3:12 is simply mind-blowing. Great job!

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Simon Hadow said:
Wow, those guys must have worked on that for an INCREDIBLE amount of time!!!
I think the video said it took them over 1500 hours to do all that so, yeah.

Generator

May 8, 2009
That was incredible! If only I had some patience, imagine what I could accomplish! ...Probably not that.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
I favorites that on my youtube account cause serious who can't say that's amazing in any form?!

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
As a gamer from the 8-bit era and a lego maniac, I must say that I don't believe I'll ever see anything as righteous or epic if I live to see the year 3000.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Shadedblade said:
Doug said:
Damn good video!
Shadedblade said:
Damn, this must of taken sooooo long, they must have been working on it since the 8-bit era. Pretty damn epic in my opinion.
I'm guessing the bulk of this video is CGI, rather than real lego bricks.
Absolutely, but it still takes a very long time to do videos in CGI, especially ones that look this real, and are this fast-paced. I was exaggerating of course when I said that they must have been working on this since the 8-bit era, but I think that we can both agree that this video is still extremely epic, and is incredibly professional-looking.
Mstrswrd said:
Actually, they claim it was all stop-motion, and that it took 1500 hours of building lego contraptions and taking photo's.
Bloody hell, thats alot of lego and time! Excellent job then!