8 Christian Bale Movies Not About the Dark Knight

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Christian Bale Movies Not About the Dark Knight

To celebrate the fact that Equilibrium was released on this day in 2002, we give you a short list of some of Christian Bale's films.

Read Full Article

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
A list of perfectly decent and sometimes even great movies...horribly marred by the worst Terminator to ever grace mankind's screens! Still, at least you're honest with the man's filmography.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
You missed out on a prime wordplay opportunity. You totally should have included Newsies so the title could have been changed to "Huey Lewis and the News-ies".

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
A list of perfectly decent and sometimes even great movies...horribly marred by the worst Terminator to ever grace mankind's screens! Still, at least you're honest with the man's filmography.
Eh, Terminator 3 was still worse.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
These are the reasons why Christian Bale is so damn good at what he does, and terminator 4 i like to try and forget actually happened.

Could of at least put Harsh Times up there. That scene before his government marijuana test really made me cross my legs and cringe

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
I think Treasure Island also deserves a place on this list; the movie made when Christian Bale was 16, but looked 12:

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
Damn - Empire of the Sun? I never would have made that connection back to Christian Bale. Great film - but not one to watch if you can't handle a case of the sads.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
Covarr said:
What, no Memento?

P.S. Thanks
He wasn't in Memento...

Shout out to The Presitge for being an awesome movie that Christian Bale was in. Although this list just says 8 movies with Bale so I guess its not a judgment call...its just a kind of pointless topic for a list...

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Covarr said:
What, no Memento?

P.S. Thanks
You're thinking of Christopher Nolan who directed the Batman films. Christian Bale is the actor who played Batman. He is not in Memento but Christopher Nolan directed it.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
RedDeadFred said:
Covarr said:
What, no Memento?

P.S. Thanks
You're thinking of Christopher Nolan who directed the Batman films. Christian Bale is the actor who played Batman. He is not in Memento but Christopher Nolan directed it.
Actually, I was thinking of The Prestige. Wrong movie, not wrong person. Either way, I'm an idiot.

P.S. Thanks

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Where's Reign of Fire?

Probably saved it for "Top movies with Matthew McConaughey with no shirt on".

CaptainMidlands

Jul 6, 2010
cefm said:
Damn - Empire of the Sun? I never would have made that connection back to Christian Bale. Great film - but not one to watch if you can't handle a case of the sads.
Forget Sad, one of the last major films i can think of you see an actual P-51 flying and not CG.

That scene where he shouts P-51 Cadillac of the Sky, that's a real P-51 flying about 50 meters from the ground with the Canopy back and the pilot waving at a young Christian Bale

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
DrStrangelove said:
To celebrate the fact that Equilibrium was released on this day in 2002, we give you a short list of some of Christian Bale's films.
Why Terminator instead of Captain Corelli's Mandolin?

Granted he's not the star, but at least it's not Terminator 4!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
CaptainMidlands said:
Forget Sad, one of the last major films i can think of you see an actual P-51 flying and not CG.
Ah CG, making old school war birds flit about like they're fecking X Wings, I would have loved Red Tails except for the horrible effects.

In fact, when P51s are so (relatively) plentiful and cheap (next to say, P40s, FW190s or Hurricanes) you have to wonder why they don't appear more often, $10k a second cgi or hire some damn aeroplanes for a week, film laziness at it's finest.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
A criminal lack of "the fighter" on the list. :( While many of the characters were horrible human beings, and it feels weird to promote a movie starring Mark Wahlberg, that was definitely my favorite of Bale's performances. XD

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
They had 'Terminator: Salvation' and 'Swing Kids' on there, but not 'The Prestige' or "Reign of Fire'? Who made this list?

And wait, 'The Fighter' isn't on there?! He won a flippin' academy award for that!!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Someone went to Christian Bale's wikipedia page and googled bunch of images. Good job!

CarlsonAndPeeters said:
Shout out to The Presitge for being an awesome movie that Christian Bale was in.
Yes

CarlsonAndPeeters said:
its just a kind of pointless topic for a list...
and yes. Except I consider it a REALLY pointless topic for a list.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Came expecting to see The Prestige. Was disappoint.

Batman and Wolverine going at each other with magic tricks? I mean come on, that's awesome!