8 Classic Webcomics You Should be Reading

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Castle Vidcons [http://www.castle-vidcons.com/] is also pretty darn brilliant. It's about the gaming universe personified as a medieval drama between the console kings, each with their own distinct personalities, like the Mad King Wii, the long suffering Lord Playstation and the annoying as fuck Original Xbox Peasant.

For context, this was released around the time when Microsoft added the Pizza Hut app for the Xbox 360.

thepyrethatburns

Sep 22, 2010
oldtaku said:
I've still got Penny Arcade on my RSS just because it's cheap to do so, but they're tired old men doing tired old man comics now, especially once they had kids (the kiss of death for creativity) and have even said so. They shouldn't be on anyone's Must list except for nostalgia.

It's far inferior to Gunnerkrigg Court these days.
Yeah, I kinda feel like people just keep putting Penny Arcade on their lists because it was one of the first regular webcomics and the "it was great once" nostalgia.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
SlumlordThanatos said:
This makes me wish that 8-Bit Theater was still being updated. Good times...
This. I read that series back to back. It was amazing.

oldtaku said:
especially once they had kids (the kiss of death for creativity)
Ahhhh... But what a sweet kiss it is... ;) At least for stable loving couples.

Yoshilord

Mar 20, 2016
Hmmm, webcomics I like that I would consider "classic" are Gunnerkrigg Court and Girl Genius. I could probably make a case for Digger and Homestuck being classics as well.