8 Comic Book Characters Who Deserve Their Own Movie

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
8 Comic Book Characters Who Deserve Their Own Movie

Here are eight comic book characters that we feel are good enough to have their own movie.

Read Full Article

TelosSupreme

Dec 8, 2015
I would love to see how Marvel/Disney might adapt Rocket's backstory, since it's arguably the weirdest of the Guardians. If people thought the GotG movie alone was a strange comic to turn into a movie, they haven't seen anything yet.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I just can't see a solo focus on The Joker.
He's best when he's popping in and out of the story, a force of nature.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
We ARE getting Nightwing and Batgirl movies. Also how would a movie centered around the Joker work exactly?

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Rogue and Nightcrawler would be great, as would Rocket. The rest... eh, not so much. They strike me as kinda dull. I'd suggest Cable, or The Tick. Though I think I heard The Tick had a TV series?

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
Nikolai Dante. Charming flashy rogue, superpowers, futuristic technology, opposing evil Russian houses on the brink of war, sexual tension between the two protagonists of both houses, bonded computer that can tell exposition to the title character if needed. What more do you want?

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Not a single mention of Spider Jerusalem. Because only hero comics exist in this world. >.>

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
infohippie said:
Rogue and Nightcrawler would be great, as would Rocket. The rest... eh, not so much. They strike me as kinda dull. I'd suggest Cable, or The Tick. Though I think I heard The Tick had a TV series?
The Tick had a few TV shows. I am partial to the short-lived live action version.

I wasn't too impressed with the list. The top two characters I would love to see a movie adaptation is Batwoman. Kate Kane has an interesting history. Also, a very personal arch-enemy. Overall, I would love to see an artistic minded director try to recreate J.H. Williams art style. The other would be Squirrel Girl. That would have the potential of being a funny and different look at the comic book movie genre.