8 Dungeons We Want to See Remade to WoW

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
333
0
0
8 Dungeons We Want to See Remade to WoW

We dive in to the plethora of dungeons and raids you can run in World of Warcraft to find the eight best ones we feel need a redesign.

Read Full Article
 

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
724
0
0
So I must have missed something, since I've not gotten Legion yet and won't for a little bit.

I knew shit went down, but I thought Anduin was in charge now, not Genn Greymane.
 

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
5,499
0
0
Kara got a remake. I'd love to see BWL get a makeover, as well as Ulduar. Still think Ulduar was the height of Blizz's raiding creativity. Was hoping that Uldum would actually turn out to be an underground city or instance... but nope, instead we got a shitty desert land... again. Ugh.
 

Wrex Brogan

New member
Jan 28, 2016
803
0
0
Ehhh, I dunno about things like Naxx and Scholomance given Scholo got updated with MoP and the Scourge aren't very... lore important at the moment (well, unless you're a DK)? Same with Molten Core - I don't think you could really update it without Ragnaros, and given he's canon dead (Heroic Firelands) it just... wouldn't have the same flavour.

AQ I could get behind - I've a feeling we're gonna get some more Old God shit after Legion is over, so prime time to buff that shit up, maybe give Ulduar a bit of an overhaul too. Apparently, according to some lore whispers I've heard around the place, we DID kill Yogg'Saron properly, and when an Old God is killed there tends to be some... Shadowy consequences...

SlumlordThanatos said:
So I must have missed something, since I've not gotten Legion yet and won't for a little bit.

I knew shit went down, but I thought Anduin was in charge now, not Genn Greymane.
Anduin is in charge, but Greymane is the 'Legion' leader (the one leading the big charge in the Broken Shore) and seems to be the military commander for the Alliance. For example Anduin is the new PvP boss for Horde players raiding Stormwind, but you interact with Greymane a hell of a lot more in the new Legion zones.
 

Ukomba

New member
Oct 14, 2010
1,528
0
0
Last time I tried WoW, I wanted to do Shadow Fang, and not only did they screw it (and the surrounding area) up, but every dungeon I did in a group was done at a full sprint with spam AOE's wrecking everything. The bosses couldn't even get out their dialogue before dying. Falling behind even slightly would some times result in a boss kill before I could even hit it once. F***ing rubbish.
The only challenge I had was 2 manning it wile grossly under leveled. I stopped playing after that.
 

Denamic

New member
Aug 19, 2009
3,804
0
0
Please, no more Dire Maul. I've got PTSD from unsuccessfully farming the Orb of Deception there. I got my orb from a random mob when farming leathers in Winterspring, but the joy was mixed with grief at all the untold wasted hours of farming in Dire Maul, only to get it when not even trying to.
Ukomba said:
Last time I tried WoW, I wanted to do Shadow Fang, and not only did they screw it (and the surrounding area) up, but every dungeon I did in a group was done at a full sprint with spam AOE's wrecking everything. The bosses couldn't even get out their dialogue before dying. Falling behind even slightly would some times result in a boss kill before I could even hit it once. F***ing rubbish.
The only challenge I had was 2 manning it wile grossly under leveled. I stopped playing after that.
That would be because they've redesigned the game system several times since the vanilla dungeons were all released. They reduced the time required to level significantly, and increased the power of the players themselves. A level 40 now is on par with what a level 60 was back then. If you want slower, more methodical, and WAY harder dungeon runs, you should try heroics or mythics at max level, or even just the new legion dungeons at level 100-109.
 

Vanished

New member
Jul 5, 2014
36
0
0
I miss Shadowfang being more worgen based, but the forsaken have driven that out of the area. Instead perhaps a new worgen based instance could pop up on bloodmoon isle/surrounding areas. Could be interesting if the the more feral worgen clans took over a large portion of Grizzly hills in our absence with one of Arugal's disciples at the helm? Maybe some of that dark mojo from killing Yogg that Wrex mentioned can further transform the worgen and a large portion of the area could even be used as an outdoor raid.
 

J.McMillen

New member
Sep 11, 2008
247
0
0
When I read the title, I thought they meant remaking famous non-WoW dungeons into WoW dungeons. Like the Tomb of Horrors. Good luck getting out of that one.
 

Shamanic Rhythm

New member
Dec 6, 2009
1,653
0
0
Good list, particularly Shadowfang Keep as I always thought it had the most engrossing lore. Also Scarlet Monastery for all its different instances, and I have these fond memories of Deadmines even though that might be just blinded by how many freaking Alliance toons I ran through there...
 

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
333
0
0
Ukomba said:
Last time I tried WoW, I wanted to do Shadow Fang, and not only did they screw it (and the surrounding area) up, but every dungeon I did in a group was done at a full sprint with spam AOE's wrecking everything. The bosses couldn't even get out their dialogue before dying. Falling behind even slightly would some times result in a boss kill before I could even hit it once. F***ing rubbish.
The only challenge I had was 2 manning it wile grossly under leveled. I stopped playing after that.
Yeah, they're not like that anymore, thankfully!

Right now it's;

Normal - Leveling up
Heroic - New level 110's go here
Mythic - Those with a brain go here
Mythic+ - Meant for guild and tight group runs and not for random groups.
 

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
333
0
0
J.McMillen said:
When I read the title, I thought they meant remaking famous non-WoW dungeons into WoW dungeons. Like the Tomb of Horrors. Good luck getting out of that one.
Wasn't Tomb of Horrors an area you had to exploit to get in near the entrance to Karazhan way back when? I remember a tomb that had the room of the upside-down sinners.
 

J.McMillen

New member
Sep 11, 2008
247
0
0
n0e said:
J.McMillen said:
When I read the title, I thought they meant remaking famous non-WoW dungeons into WoW dungeons. Like the Tomb of Horrors. Good luck getting out of that one.
Wasn't Tomb of Horrors an area you had to exploit to get in near the entrance to Karazhan way back when? I remember a tomb that had the room of the upside-down sinners.
Wrong Tomb of Horrors... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_of_Horrors