8 Essential Morrowind Mods To Help You Revisit An RPG Classic

Kevin Thielenhaus

Jan 29, 2015
8 Essential Morrowind Mods To Help You Revisit An RPG Classic

To celebrate the release of the Morrowind expansion for Elder Scrolls Online, we're taking a look back at all the mods that are still available for the classic RPG that got us all hooked onto the Elder Scrolls series.

Read Full Article

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Screw mods. I still play Morrowind vanilla.

All you need to know is how to open the command console (`/~ key)

and the Reset Actors command shorthand, aka "ra".

Done.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Saelune said:
fixme can also help at times.

As for the article, I was really confused about "Balmorra" - the city in Vvardenfell is Balmora with one "r". Googling suggests that "Balmorra" is something related to Star Wars - some planet or something.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
DoPo said:
Saelune said:
Well, lots of console commands can have their uses here and there to fix what needs fixing, but ra is a command I use constantly.

ChaplainOrion

Nov 7, 2011
Essential Morrowind mods and yet no Tamriel Rebuilt mentioned? HERESY! The Ordinators will be here soon.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
ChaplainOrion said:
Essential Morrowind mods and yet no Tamriel Rebuilt mentioned? HERESY! The Ordinators will be here soon.
Seconded, though it's great to see Morrowind Rebirth on the list. I usually use one or both of these for my playthroughs, along with Adjustable Magicka Regen (nothing too overpowered, just a slow drip feed without having to rest) and Delayed Dark Brotherhood Attack Add-On.

DoPo said:
Saelune said:

As for the article, I was really confused about "Balmorra" - the city in Vvardenfell is Balmora with one "r". Googling suggests that "Balmorra" is something related to Star Wars - some planet or something.
Oh God, I remember that planet from those awful Dark Empire comics. I never considered that garbage to be canonical, even before it was relegated to "Legends" status.

The governor of Balmorra wanted to break away from a reunited Empire led by a resurrected clone of Palpatine (don't ask, it's a long and stupid story), and they defeated Imperial forces in a massive land battle fought with various battle droids...one of which looks like a <a href=https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/201948206956_/Star-Wars-Miniatures-Universe-no-32-X-1.jpg>giant dung beetle.

This has been another-