8 Game Design Legends

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Game Design Legends

Today we give you eight of the most influential people in the history of gaming. They've made some of the best games in the history of games, so enjoy a little tribute to just some of the many über talented people behind the games that you love.

Read Full Article

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I can see the complaints from a mile away:
-Where's Our Lord And Almighty Saviour Gabe Newell?
-Nolan Bushnell?(founder of Atari)
-Marty Bromley and David Rosen?(founders of Sega)
-Peter Molyneux(I mean, its in the thumbnail, and there is little excuse to leave out the walking hyperbole machine)
-etc.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
No Richard Garriott? The man whose Ultima series inspired both Final Fantasy AND Dragon Quest?

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
I know you have Todd Howard on the list, but to be honest it's Michael Kirkbride that's more deserving of the honor. Without him, TES would have been another typical complex RPG that came out of the mid-90s.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Um... Carmack? Garriot? Schafer?

I don't think Todd Howard qualifies as a 'legend' merely for designing Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Akichi Daikashima said:
I can see the complaints from a mile away:
-Peter Molyneux(I mean, its in the thumbnail, and there is little excuse to leave out the walking hyperbole machine)
Yeah... I came here to specifically for that. How could the article even associate with that overexposed tech-demo maker with gaming legends by throwing him in the teaser?

His last game was that cube thing and his current godulous project isn't looking too good. The guy doesn't even have the skill to rehash his own classics to anyone's standards anymore.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Nooners said:
No Richard Garriott? The man whose Ultima series inspired both Final Fantasy AND Dragon Quest?
That was my thought on the list too, also that it could of used a bit more reason behind each choice namely what they aspired in the future gaming. Sure I like Fallout and Skyrim but Todd Howard seems to be on this list for no other reason they he made some good games.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
[obligatory list of people who I think should be in there because you can't cover the whole of fucking gaming history with 8 people, come on guys it isn't a list of 20]

...but even with that said, no Hidetaka Miyazaki. Understandably. But I'd have put him in there.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I know others have aaid it first but

So many names missing, no Carmack, Garriot, Bushnell or Molyneux!