8 Games Everyone Will Be Playing In 2015

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Games Everyone Will Be Playing In 2015

This year promises to be one of the best for gaming. To prove our point we give you eight games slated for release in 2015 that are sure to be what everyone is playing. So get ready for these great games, you may want to set some time aside to enjoy these instant classics. Which games did we miss from the list? What are you looking forward to in this upcoming year?

Read Full Article

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Persona.5.
Persona.Five.
Persona.V.
SMT.P5.
Shin.Megami.Tensei.Persona.Five.

Can ya guess which game I'm most excited to come out in '15?

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
No, no, no, yes, yes, no, no, no.
Two out of eight. Also, Hotline Miami 2.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
If i were a *more* cynical person, i would suggest this '8 best of' is some form of paid advertisement. However...

No Metal gear solid: Phantom pain? AWW!

Ok...lastly...does anyone else notice the time on the wrist-watch in number one's screenshot actually matches the posting time of that page? In the UK at least. Whatever could this mean?!

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Let's see

Dying Light: No, also, this article just reminded me of its existence.
RE Revelations 2: No, maybe in another year when its gone down in price and during a sale.
Battlefield Hardline: Hellz no, really not my thing.
Mortal Kombat 10: Maybe.
Arkham Knight: Yes, sort of. Don't have anything that can run it, but I'd get it if I had.
FFXIV expansion: No, also, this article just reminded me of its existence.
Dead Islands 2: No, also, this article just reminded me of its existence.
Mad Max: No, also, this article just reminded me of its existence.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Everyone will play them except for me, apparently, because I give a crap about none of those games. If Arkham Knight turns out to be good, maybe I'll buy that but right now not exactly crapping my pants in anticipation for fighting game, zombie game, other zombie game, other, other zombie game, BF with cops(and mutiplayer focused, so don't care), Final Fantasy mutiplater(so again, don't care) and post-apocolyptic hellhole game #72.

OTOH, looks like 2015 will be another good year for catching up on the old steam backlog.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Tanis said:
Persona.5.
Persona.Five.
Persona.V.
SMT.P5.
Shin.Megami.Tensei.Persona.Five.

Can ya guess which game I'm most excited to come out in '15?
Marky Mark Make My Video?

Only one I'm intrested in in this list is Mad Max. Also looking forward to Disgaea 5, Axiom Verge, Chasm, Bloodborne, Etrian Dungeon and Devil Survivor 2 Break Record.

Smigglebops

Dec 31, 2014
No Bloodborne? Blasphemy! Really I'm just waiting for No Man's Sky or Phantom Pain to get a release date...

SilverHunter

Sep 22, 2014
Otherwise known as the list of "8 Mainstream Games that Required Little Thought to Make".

Better yet it's completely idiotic to assume "everybody" is going to buy, then subscribe, to Final Fantasy 14. This list works with games that aren't MMO's because at the very least there is no commitment to said game beyond the box price. Though I will admit I'm surprised the author left out Five Nights At Freddy's 3, Evolved, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and the myriad of other games that actually deserve attention (or will be cheap and popular enough that everyone will end up playing it at some point) rather than...

Mad Max? Really? Nobody I know gives a **** about that game, it's old hat aside from nostalgia for the movies.
Resident Evil? As if Capcom has made anything good and NOT ruined it three months down the line entirely, no thank you. I'll stick to my RE 4.
Battlefield Hardline? Oh yeah the game that wants to be Payday 2, but can't drop its need for destruction and large scale nonsense to actually do it.
Oh and Dying Light and Dead Island 2, because let's be real here the games are interchangeable aside from the fancy parkour stuff in one and not in the other.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Credits to Chimpzy for posting an easily quoted list ,)

Dying Light: Seen it on youtube and it seems fun but shallow.
RE Revelations 2: No.
Battlefield Hardline: No.
Mortal Kombat X: No.
Arkham Knight: No.
FFXIV expansion: No.
Dead Islands 2: No.
Mad Max: Barely heard of it. Looks interesting but would have to read up on it or see it on youtube.

Granted, those 2 maybe's are on the basis that they will not contain any Online DRM, and no, not even a one-time activation one.

My personal list would have been quite different.
Tastes..everyone..etc.

Alatar The Red

Aug 10, 2012
More like a list of games that everyone will glance at and go "meh" in 2015.

Where's witcher 3? Or any of the other actually hugely expected titles that aren't rushed sequels.

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
I wouldn't be playing any of those even if my PC were able to run them. Luckily I still have a hundred or so games on steam to try out.

fieryshadowcard

May 18, 2011
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Credits to Chimpzy for posting an easily quoted list ,)

My personal list would have been quite different.
Tastes..everyone..etc.
Even personal tastes doesn't seem to account for how off the mark this list is, considering how all-encompassing its title claims to be. Even if none of the games I want to play would make it into a popularity list, this list still doesn't hold up. Then again, I cringe every time Schuyler J. Dievendorf makes a list, because I have yet to see one from him that isn't phoned in or completely off base.

Dying Light: Meh.

RE Revelations 2: People are still fuming over RE6, and while the first Revelations enjoyed decent reception, spinoff series rarely garner enough attention to be considered something "everyone" will be playing.

Battlefield Hardline: Meh.

Mortal Kombat X: Probably the best candidate of the titles you've put in this list, but even then...

Arkham Knight: Aren't people still fuming over Origins? And hasn't the trend of the Arkham series been "Bigger but never better"?

FFXIV expansion: An MMO is never a good example of games everyone will be playing. This would be true even if the expansion was for WoW.

Dead Islands 2: People were already tired of Dead Island halfway through the first one.

Mad Max: Meh.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
fieryshadowcard said:
Arkham Knight: Aren't people still fuming over Origins? And hasn't the trend of the Arkham series been "Bigger but never better"?
Agree with pretty much the rest of your post aside from the above. I wouldn't say it's fair to channel umbrage at Origins at Knight; Origins was developed by a different, inexperienced studio, /not/ rocksteady, not that that justifies Origins having bugs out the wazoo and being lack luster, but I don't think Knights quality should be based on the quality of Origins. In my mind Asylum and City are equal, just for different reasons. Asylum for the story, but City for the Batman experience.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I mean like, you got 1 right, so thats cool.

Dying Light - I had my fill of Dead Island after the first game.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - I have never played a RE game, and I don't plan on starting now.
Battlefield Hardline - I already have Battlefield 4 and the beta for Hardline left a bad taste in my mouth.
Mortal Kombat X - Mortal Kombat is cool, but I have never been good at fighting games.
Batman: Arkham Knight - DING! DING! DING! YOU ARE A WINNER!
Final Fantasy XIV - I have also never played a FF game, and I don't plan on starting now.
Dead Island 2 - I had my fill of Dead Island after the first game.
Mad Max - Honestly, I don't even know what this is.

Also, why no Witcher or MGS? Seems like everybody is raving over those, and they are probably going to be two of the biggest games of the year.

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
Nope, not gonna be playing a single one of those. Better luck next time, NOstradamus.

karkashan

Corrin Married Xander
May 4, 2009
Hey, you were half right in my case.

Batman, REv2, Mortal Kombat, and Final Fantasy.

praisegrima

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
I'm going to echo the sentiments of others posting in this thread, this hardly seems like a list of 'must-play' games. Of that list, the only one that I'd definitely want to play is Arkham Knight, but given that I don't have anything capable of playing it I'll have to wait anyway.

Dying Light looks like it could be interesting, but also looks like it could be horribly generic, so I'll be waiting for some reviews of that to come out, and might try it once the price has dropped considerably.

Other than those two, there's actually nothing on that list that interests me at all.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
I'm a Final Fantasy XIV subscriber and it's a fantastic game. I know that MMOs aren't everyone's cup of tea, but if they are, it's one of the best out there. It's stuffed full of content at all levels from casual to hardcore and the localisation is fantastic, full of wit and charm. The Heavensward expansion is looking really promising, with new jobs and tons of new content and areas. Best of all, content comes in steady dollops every couple of months, with new dungeons and raids every time. If you have to put an MMO on the list, that's not a bad call.