8 Games Kojima Should Make Now That Silent Hills is Cancelled

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Games Kojima Should Make Now That Silent Hills is Cancelled

With Silent Hills cancelled, we picked out eight games we'd like to see Hideo Kojima make a sequel for.

Read Full Article

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
Considering that he and del toro were absolutely on the right track with P.T., what it want them to do most is to just start a brand new horror IP in a similar vein. Just unleash those two weirdos and let them do what they want.

Nismu

Mar 4, 2015
New Zone of the enders would be awesome.

not too many that kind games , at least here west.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
I'd be fine with him doing anything really, people call him a bad writer and so on but I really do think he is an excellent writer and game designer. Just giving him free hands to do what he wants and goof around would in my opinion result in greatness.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
He could do some Deus Ex, but that might not be enough of a change.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
ritchards said:
No.

Keep him away from Deus Ex. That story is convoluted enough as it is, it doesn't need MGS-level conspiracies.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I want a third Z.O.E. I'd eat a Klondike bar for it.

Gotta say, I feel like he'd fit right in making a DP sequel.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
I'm pretty sure putting Kojima and Suda51 in the same room would result in some sort of explosion.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
The only thing Kojima should be doing is Boktai.
We need more Boktai.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
JCAll said:
I'm pretty sure putting Kojima and Suda51 in the same room would result in some sort of explosion.
Up the ante, put Swery65 in there.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
JCAll said:
I was thinking exactly this when I was writing it.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
Souplex said:
The only thing Kojima should be doing is Boktai.
We need more Boktai.
How do we even live in a world where every single platform has a built in camera, and none of them have a Boktai game.

rgrekejin

Mar 6, 2011
While I'd love to see a Suda51/Kojima game, it shouldn't be a sequel to Killer7. Killer7 was perfectly self-contained, and remains, as far as I'm concerned, the single most valid argument in the games-as-art debate. I wouldn't want anything to sully it.

I think Kojima could do some good work with an Eternal Darkness sequel, although the sort of Lovecraftian horror that game involves hasn't in the past been part of his milieu. I recall Silicon Knights doing significant work on a sequel before shuttering, and there was an unsuccessful kickstarter a few years back to finish it, albeit with a slightly different name.

LordFeast58

Mar 17, 2011
SlumlordThanatos said:
ritchards said:
No.

Keep him away from Deus Ex. That story is convoluted enough as it is, it doesn't need MGS-level conspiracies.
Isn't that more reason he should do it? Kojima doesn't need to make the same vibe as MGS, and I think the guy probably know what the fans like, but you can't also deny that he also make excellent boss battles. If people said Human Revolution boss segment was terrible, then i think he will do it right.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
LordFeast58 said:
Isn't that more reason he should do it? Kojima doesn't need to make the same vibe as MGS, and I think the guy probably know what the fans like, but you can't also deny that he also make excellent boss battles. If people said Human Revolution boss segment was terrible, then i think he will do it right.
The problem with the boss fights in HR was that certain playstyles struggled against them. Barrett was the worst in this regard: if you didn't have any actual guns to fight him and was more of a sneaky hacker type, you were pretty well fucked, since he shows up less than a third of the way through the game, before you have a whole lot of combat capability. The Director's Cut managed to fix this problem, mercifully, by adding turret guns to the arena you could hack and turn against him.

I imagine Eidos learned from their mistakes, and won't make this one the second time around.

Mildoze

Dec 23, 2014
I would love to see what Kojima would do if he created an RPG in the more traditional sense. I thought about this quite a bit and honestly, the only existing IP that made sense to me was Parasite Eve. Given Squenix's track record for reboots, it would be nice to actually see them take that IP and hand it to someone for a complete re-imagining. I think the feeling that IP is different enough to fit into Kojima quirky style but also not so pidgeon holed that it would be a complete departure to do something very different with a new game in the series. I don't maybe that's just crazy talk.

Vlado

Independent Game Journalist
Feb 21, 2015
I'd love to see cool cyberpunk stuff along the lines of Snatcher.