8 Games that Earned Cult Classic Status

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Games that Earned Cult Classic Status

If you haven't played these eight cult classic video games, now is the time to remedy that situation.

Read Full Article

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Agree with Psychonauts and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.

1. Freelancer
2. Anachronox
3. Beyond Good & Evil
4. Startopia
5. Harbinger
6. Outcast
7. Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
8. Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
9. Psychonauts

Honorable Mentions: Space Empires IV, Sword of the Stars, Lost Empire Immortals, Imperium Galactica II, Escape Velocity Nova, Hellgate London

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Good list but isn't Vanquish (great game!) a little too recent to be considered cult classic? 7 years feels recent anyway...

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Only played Conker. Also, Vanquish is "cult?" It seems everyone loves Vanquish around here.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
How long does a gave have to be released to be a 'cult classic'?

Anyways...not a bad list. Weird.

I'd add E.V.O.: The Search For Eden.
It's basically a 'eat thing to evolve and go to the next level'.
It's kind of a fun game, with a cool premise that's just grindy enough to not overstay its welcome.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Vanquish is a Cult Classic? Sorry, what?

Also, no Beyond Good & Evil on the list, so shame on you.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Does anyone feels that Vanquish entry was more about announcing the PC port than anything else? Would be a good idea to indicate where to get the other games on the list? Anyways, I plan to buy it later.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
CaitSeith said:
Does anyone feels that Vanquish entry was more about announcing the PC port than anything else? Would be a good idea to indicate where to get the other games on the list? Anyways, I plan to buy it later.
Oh, I definitely have a suspicion that most of these lists are made for commercial purposes. Most of them hardly make any sense or have some seriously weird things in there. Like Mass Effect Andromeda being included in the Most Anticipated FPS list and such.
Not to mention that they have 8 different pages you need to go through to read all the entries, which is great for posting commercials and other advertisements on the site, as you need to reload the page multiple times.

These lists are basically just click-bait to roll in advertisement money for The Escapist.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
JenSeven said:
CaitSeith said:
Oh, I definitely have a suspicion that most of these lists are made for commercial purposes. Most of them hardly make any sense or have some seriously weird things in there. Like Mass Effect Andromeda being included in the Most Anticipated FPS list and such.
Not to mention that they have 8 different pages you need to go through to read all the entries, which is great for posting commercials and other advertisements on the site, as you need to reload the page multiple times.

These lists are basically just click-bait to roll in advertisement money for The Escapist.
It's generally why I avoid gallery of the day, most of the time. Their list don't make a lick of sense, or poor research,