8 Games that Give You an Adrenaline Rush

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Games that Give You an Adrenaline Rush

If you need a game to get your adrenaline going, check out these eight titles recommended by our community.

Read Full Article

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
So glad you got the best multiplayer FPS, UT 2004. Used to play it in high school and I still do, great game.

rasta111

Nov 11, 2009
Not sure about this list... The lack of fighting games seems a bit off, no game has ever made my heart beat faster than Soul Calibur... Couple there I liked though, Burnout for sure... Any Max Payne game might be another good one, I think a games soundtrack being both appropriate and technically good is the most important factor though.

A good soundtrack can give even a generally slower-paced game like an RPG or an RTS like Red Alert or Skyrim a higher tempo.

Examples:

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Coming into this I was vaguely thinking to myself 'I wonder in Mirror's Edge, Burnout or UT will be in there'.

I was not disappointed ;)

rasta111

Nov 11, 2009
The original F.E.A.R has a hell of an atmosphere now that I think some more about it. Some of those slow-mo moments combined with the realistic enemy AI... It's a very real sense of exhilaration to sneak up them and hear them shout things like, "TARGET SPOTTED" when you make yourself known.

Horror games in general when done right can do this seemingly effortlessly.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Agree on Mirror's Edge, which would've been called Run Like Hell if there wasn't already a PS2 game by that name.

senobit

Jan 6, 2011
Small scale pvp in eve online is intense, probably because you really lose your stuff if you get popped, but it occasionally made people react in blind panic - my favourite one was when 4 of us attacked a command ship (high-end battle cruiser) with a bunch of basic cruisers and frigates, he should have turned around and massacred us, instead he ejected and ran like hell before we even put a warp jammer on him.

Edit: because I should damn well read things before hitting post.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
senobit said:
Small scale pvp in eve online is intense, probably because you really things lose your stuff if you get popped but it occasionally made people react in blind panic - my favourite one was when 4 of us attacked a command ship (high-end battle cruiser) with a bunch of basic cruisers and frigates, he should have turned around and massacred us, instead he ejected and ran like hell before we even put a warp jammer on him.
I hope one of you docked with his ship, because that's a fair deal of free ISK right there.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Borderlands 2 gives you an adrenaline rush in the sense that someone will have to jab a syringe of epinephrine into your heart, Pulp Fiction-style, after you become catatonic from the boredom...

InnerDriveGames

Mar 23, 2015
For me it was game RUST..I remember day when i found my first C4 and was running with it across the map..my hands where shaking wildly when i finally closed doors behind me...had moments like that hundred times in that game...never felt rush like that with any game before or since(in adulthood for sure) ..oh nice memories

senobit

Jan 6, 2011
Zontar said:
I hope one of you docked with his ship, because that's a fair deal of free ISK right there.
We got it in the end, but it did involve a tense 20mins guarding the ship for the only player in our corp who could fly minmatar command ships to get out of bed and collect it.