8 Games that You Never Get Bored Playing

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Games that You Never Get Bored Playing

Some games aren't worthy of a second playthrough, but these eight are the ones our community just can't put down.

Read Full Article

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Awesome sauce. Alan Wilson is a god of hammy voice acting. Currently tearing the face off the sequel.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Terraria and the Borderlands games are my addiction.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Oh hey! You're welcome!
I maintain Mass Effect doesn't have enough changes per play-through to justify a lot of replay value; you'd be better off watching any scenes you want on YouTube.
But Killing Floor was floated around a bunch. I'll look into that. I doubt I can run KF2, but the first one seems to be fairly popular.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Ironically, a lot of these games I either own and don't play, or have played and getting bored very quickly; Deus Ex, Terraria, Killing Floor, and Torchlight 2 fall into the list. I do agree completely with Civ 5 and Tony Hawk games. Addicting as shit.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
If it weren't for mod support, I suspect that the TES/Fallout games re-playability would be dramatically reduced. I would like to imagine that the meeting at Bethesda over paid mods generated quite a happy amount of buzz for future games, but the Valve rollback may have caused them to rethink their strategy.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Team Fortress 2. I can't get enough of that damn game. Almost 4000 hours played. You read that correctly.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Is it bad that I've only played two of the games on this list (Mass Effect and Deus Ex), and of the two I only replayed Mass Effect games more than twice? I don't know, Deus Ex just didn't seem to hold my interest. I think the game that I've replayed the most is Dark Souls II. For some reason, I can't put that game down, despite getting the platinum.
Although I did just get the PS4 platinum for it today, so hopefully I'll be able to try something else finally.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I have to agree with the Mass Effect Trilogy. I was sad to see Mount and Blade: Warband and Crusader Kings II wasn't part of the list. Those two games are my massive time-sinks.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Now there is a list which is rather the opposite of what I feel towards those games as I got bored with most of those already.
Tony Hawk: Agreeable on the long run with the entire franchise. But a single game... running out of steam once you're at 100%. And some of the newer ones (basically all after American Wasteland) weren't even that good.
Terraria: Got bored of that rather quickly and after they added the rather ugly female player sprite, I never had the wish to play it ever again.
Civ IV: Weren't even able to really start it.
New Vegas: While I can replay it often, I usually need a break of about two to three months minimum between each playthrough. Mostly because I end up playing roughly the same way, anyway, and the story is only interesting so many times straight in a row...
Torchlight 2: Never played it, never liked the genre
Killing Floor: Not only am I bored of it, I am SICK of if to death. And after their stunts they pulled with the paid DLC (like raising the original four-characters-DLCs from 1.50$ to SEVEN BUCKS!), I don't want to buy the sequel, either.
Mass Effect: See New Vegas. Except add "lost interest because the last game requires Origin and playing only 2/3 of a story is not fun", making me not want to go back to it.
Deus Ex Human Revolution: Exactly the same as New Vegas.

On the other hand, I do notice a serious lack of Minecraft, Payday 2 and CoD Zombies in that list...

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Tetris. Sure, after a while you'll go do something else. But personally, I've never reached actual boredom when playing Tetris. Not once.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
No usual suspects like The Elder Scrolls, GTA or Saints Row? I clocked 200 hours in Oblivion on Steam version alone - and that's not counting years upon years upon years of me playing non-Steam.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I would add the original xcom and TFtD. Im always playing them on and off. Have never completed either of them and just get side tracked having fun with building bases and kicking the crap out of every alien that dares land on earth. Even when i do decide to attempt the last mission. Along comes an enemy ship or base and i just can not leave it alone.

WildFire15

Jun 18, 2008
City of Heroes was the game I never got bored of playing. Played for 6 years, had 61 characters across 4 servers (mostly Defiant) with 14 max level characters. It was difficult to get bored as there were so many potential combinations of powers and costumes to make pretty much any type of hero or villain you wanted.
Hopeful for the successors in development and the possibility of CoH making a return. If it does, I suggest people try it as it'll let you know that not all MMOs have to play like WoW.

Gutsripper

Aug 23, 2010
RolerCoaster Tycoon would have been on my list, could never get enough of those.
Also Team Fortress 2 never gets boring.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Elfgore said:
Ironically, a lot of these games I either own and don't play, or have played and getting bored very quickly; Deus Ex, Terraria, Killing Floor, and Torchlight 2 fall into the list. I do agree completely with Civ 5 and Tony Hawk games. Addicting as shit.
The, uh, the listed game is Civilization 4, not Civilization 5. Which is how it should be, Civilization 5 managed to keep my attention for about 3 or 4 games before I got disinterested in its ease and small scale, while Civ 4 has me coming back for more even after over a thousand hours clocked in.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
There is no such game that I won't get bored of. Pretty much everything gets boring after a while. DotA after probably 3000 hours, Dota 2 after ~600, Team Fortress 2 after 600 hours, Terraria after 300 hours, probably the same in Minecraft. Before DotA there were custom maps in Warcraft 3 and TFT, before that there was standard Warcraft 3 and TFT, CS 1.6 as well. And I shouldn't even start thinking how much time I've invested in Nintendo games in general... I wasted a lot of time on games... I enjoyed it a lot, but sometimes I wonder if it was the right choice.

Eh, anyways. No such game that doesn't get boring.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
Honestly? My game to fall back on is Bubble Bobble. Yes, that old fossil.
It's just...so much goddamn fun.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
It's incredible to come across a list like this and agree with almost every point. Hell, I still fire up Tony Hawk 2 and 3 just for the sheer hell of it. The only two I didn't agree with were Mass Effect and Terarria. I just couldn't get into those.

Games that aren't on this list that I replay a lot are: Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, FreQuency, TES: Skyrim, the Dawn of War series (mainly Dark Crusade and Soulstorm), Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Prince of Persia (2008), Curse of Monkey Island, GTA: San Andreas, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Dungeon Siege, Bionic Commando (2009), Beyond Good & Evil, Need For Speed: Underground 1 + 2, and Folklore.

Then again, my tastes are all over the place.