8 Great Mechs in Media

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
Dr.Awkward said:
The fact that you didn't even cover any of the BattleTech 'Mechs makes me sad. :(
What this guy said. even without the launch of MWO yesterday, Battletech deserves, no DEMANDS a spot on this list.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Dr.Awkward said:
The fact that you didn't even cover any of the BattleTech 'Mechs makes me sad. :(
One could argue that mechs are by definition great, so that would make any list of 'Great Mechs' hopelessly lacking. :D

NvrPhazed

Dec 8, 2010
JPArbiter said:
Dr.Awkward said:
What this guy said. even without the launch of MWO yesterday, Battletech deserves, no DEMANDS a spot on this list.
I would like to third the motion to post add Battletech/Mechwarrior. The lack of it frankly stuns me since it has a huge media pedigree since the 80's (books, games, tv show, tabletop). Also, I find your lack of Star Wars AT models disturbing.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
There are too many cool mechs to just to a 8 mech list. Where are the pony mechs?

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
No Metal Gear, no Gundam, no VF-1, no Mazinger, Getter Robo, not even Zone of the Enders, but you include Lost Planet 3? I mean this is the game where piloting the mech is terrible slow boring toss that makes an already bad game worse!, and it's in your list of "great mechs".

You need to go back to robot school.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Needs more Gundam Gundammit!

My personal favorite, Deathscythe!

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Without a Gundam, Evangelion or even a Zord, the list feels a little bit incomplete.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
I don't even watch Gundam (eastern mechs are always to floaty for me and yes I know the excuse reasoning) and I find no mention of them to be odd.

And to have no No Battletech/Mechwarrior... Why? With 40k Titan's even I have to admit they are obscure but still...

The Hawken image could have been better as well.

Worgen said:
There are too many cool mechs to just to a 8 mech list. Where are the pony mechs?

...What.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
No Metal Gears? No Gundams? No Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

This list is the worst list.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Ah, yes, the giant robot MRI, Ball Trial.

I love Youtube captions.

(The preceeding makes no sense unless you've seen this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ItXr63LUk], which in turn makes no sense unless you know what the Athanasian Creed is without looking it up.)

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ed130 said:
I don't even watch Gundam (eastern mechs are always to floaty for me and yes I know the excuse reasoning) and I find no mention of them to be odd.

And to have no No Battletech/Mechwarrior... Why? With 40k Titan's even I have to admit they are obscure but still...

Worgen said:

...What.
What? You don't think magical talking horses get giant robots? Racist. :p

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Worgen said:
Ed130 said:

Worgen said:

...What.
What? You don't think magical talking horses get giant robots? Racist. :p
I've never seen those designs before, and no I didn't think the MLP universe needed battlemechs.

Apparently I was wrong.