8 Great Moments from the Tomb Raider Series

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Great Moments from the Tomb Raider Series

There have been some great moments in the Tomb Raider series over the years, like these eight.

Read Full Article

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I remember the T-Rex level when I played the game on the PS1. Startled the crap out of me. The HD remake (before the reboot) didn't have the same impact. Maybe because since I had played the original, I was always expecting it whenever I reached a suitable sized area.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
As you pointed out, Lara's first kill in the 2013 game kind of falls flat for me because she immediately goes on to kill so many more people and doesn't even blink. And then there's the part where she falls into a cave that is filled with blood and bodies, and it doesn't faze her in the slightest. She swims through the blood like it's water. This is the same girl that was getting choked up over killing someone who was going to kill--and quite possibly rape--her, right?

Honestly, I think when she finally kills Larson in the remake was more impressive in the way they handled it. She struggled with the decision, and even at the end of it, she's still horrified with what she did. The only thing that kind of ruins it is when she wipes the non-existent blood off of her hands. Since there's no blood on her hands, it looks weird.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Oh yes the T-Rex.

I remember that well, I also remember me and my friend screaming OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT at the screen as we frantically backpedaled away from it, only to get munched a few seconds later.

I don't think anyone survived their first encounter with the T-Rex. The ones that appeared in Tomb Raider 2 were a bit less deadly, whilst the three of them in Tomb Raider 3 were somehow even more nightmarish than the original one. Not least because in TR3 the first one has you cornered.

On the subject of memorable enemies, in the second level of Tomb Raider there is a room featuring a giant four armed statue armed with swords. Guess what the giant statue does when you try to take the key from the plinth across from it...