8 Great Scary Movies to Watch for Halloween

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
8 Great Scary Movies to Watch for Halloween

Eight great Horror movies to get your spook on this Halloween weekend!

Read Full Article

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Wait...The Mist?
Hahahahahaha.

Also: For that last one, there's also an American remake that, while not AS good as the original, is still a fairly solid movie.

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
Tanis said:
Wait...The Mist?
Hahahahahaha.

Also: For that last one, there's also an American remake that, while not AS good as the original, is still a fairly solid movie.
Its good only for the ending. Love it (the ending)

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
Any horror that claims that it is based "real events", I take with the biggest grain of salt. Only gullible people would believe anything in that movie have actually happened.

For most of your picks, I have already seen them. If people have not seen Scream, Cabin in the Woods, and 28 Days Later; then they should.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Tanis said:
Wait...The Mist?
Hahahahahaha.

Also: For that last one, there's also an American remake that, while not AS good as the original, is still a fairly solid movie the literal embodiment of everything wrong with Hollywood.
FTFY

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
While it's not a horror movie of course, I still say the original Casper with Bill Pullman is still the best halloween movie. Casper is like a Pixar movie where everybody can watch it and get something out of it.

Maybe the first Mummy as well. Although not family-friendly, Brendan Fraser does... Such a good job with O' Connell. I'd even say his character and performance was right up there with Indiana Jones, although pretty much all the actors deliver stand-out performances in that movie. I also adore that Egyptian Fantasy/Adventure/Horror mixture.