8 Hilarious Magic The Gathering Cards Generated by A Computer

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
8 Hilarious Magic The Gathering Cards Generated by A Computer

An impressive AI program is capable of generating perfectly playable Magic: The Gathering cards... and some perfectly unplayable ones.

Read Full Article

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
You missed the funniest thing. Your Egg doesn't say that you can't target lands, it says you can't counter target land. That's hilarious because lands can't be countered in the first place! Somehow that's more funny to me than all that still hilarious gibberish.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
I don't even play Magic, and I'm still declaring this the best Gallery of the Day ever. You may have more spells.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I made the mistake of reading this in the office...

I now have tears streaming, and am shaking uncontrollably with laughter!

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
You mist the funniest thing. Your Egg doesn't say that you can't target lands, it says you can't counter target land. That's hilarious because lands can't be countered in the first place! Somehow that's more funny to me than all that still hilarious gibberish.
It's also overpowered if you happend to be playing on a battfield rather then a gaming table.

then again it never says under your control, so I guess you just put the creatures down, and can't use them.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
I laughed out loud at some of these. They are very entertaining. Had the computer generated real/useful cards, then no one would care. And if you purposefully made dumb cards, then no one would care. But, accidentally make some ridiculousness and you get notoriety.

Kind of like that 80-year old dong her best to restore the 100-yr-old Spanish fresco of Jesus.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Yeah I'm suddenly not so worried about Judgement Day. The day machines learn to play Magic is the day we all die.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Ha! You can't save that card that's dying!

Dynast Brass said:
Go to bed computer, you're drunk.

What a fascinating insight into the growing process of a NN learning though.
Clearly, it's just trying to throw us off the scent.

Hawk of Battle said:
Yeah I'm suddenly not so worried about Judgement Day. The day machines learn to play Magic is the day we all die.
I'm convinced Skynet is just the AI from War Games gone mad from too much tic-tac-toe. Magic will make it consider the metagame too much to be effective at total world domination.