8 Horror Games That Will Have You Wetting Yourself

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Horror Games That Will Have You Wetting Yourself

Getting you ready for the upcoming holiday with eight horror games that will give you nightmares.

Read Full Article

Kneel

Jan 5, 2010
F.E.A.R.? Aliens Vs Predator 2? Condemned: Criminal Origins?

I am disappoint.

r0seyp0m

Oct 11, 2012
Dead Space and L4D aren't as much scary as they are adrenaline pumping and startling.

And even that wears off after playing for a while.

Nocturnus

Oct 2, 2007
Outlast didn't make the cut, huh.

Scariest game I've ever played. Ever. And I've played everything on this list.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
What's with these action-themed games? The only way your pants will get soaked with anything when playing some of the games on this list is if you turn-up the thermostat in the middle of summer while a space heater works full blast at crotch level.

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009

OT:Shame that fatal frame didn't make it, that game was as tense as shit.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
sephiroth1991 said:

OT:Shame that fatal frame didn't make it, that game was as tense as shit.
I wouldn't take it too seriously. I'm not sure that this list really had a common theme. Incidentally is this what passes for a contribution now...? A Cracked style list of games but without the witty articles attached? Good lord, if this is what it takes to be a Contributor then we should all take a stab at it, make our own list of 'eight horror games that will have you wetting yourself'.

Deadly Premonition..scary? Really?

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
Seriously missing Fatal Frame here. That series is what got me into survival horror. Your only "weapon" being a camera is a terrifying thing... having to take photos of the things coming at you.

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
L4D? Scary?

What, CoD: Nazi Zombies too spooky to put on the list? 9.9

Edit: To be clear, I'm not comparing the two in quality. Just the fact that running around with giant machine guns mowing down hundreds of zombies isn't exactly what I'd call "horror."

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Missing Outlast and SCP Containment Breach. <-- That game is by far the most nerve wracking and piss enducing terrifying thing ever, from my experience

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
You could've gone for Eternal Darkness, Fatal Frame, Forbidden Siren, Echo Night, Haunting Ground, Kuon, even Rule of Rose... and you go with Left 4 Dead? It's about as scary as Counter-Strike.

TheUnbeholden

Dec 13, 2007
Left 4 Dead? Really, you put that game on the list and didn't mention White Day: A Labyrinth Named School, Eternal Darkness, and Fatal Frame? Good god man...

Outlast has a way better chance of being on the list than Dead Space. Although Dead Space does have a strong atmosphere, it loses any fear factor after the first half an hour and instead becomes really fun as you curb stomp and blow off limbs. Outlast keeps you scared right till the last hour of the game.

Have we really become that starved of Horror games that we've devolved into putting games like L4D, Doom 3 and Bioshock on top horror game lists? Reminds me of a video I saw recently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxDROzvn5aw

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Wow......that's a terrible list.

Mcoffey said:
Do they really need an entire page for each image and one-sentence description?

I never heard of that Suda51 game. I'm gonna have to check that out.
It's an advertising thing. 8+ pages of referred ads is better than a single page.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Have been playing Nosferatu right now, a lot more scarier then most games on the list and its action packed as shit.

Really poorly made list, man.

Tomany2

Jun 17, 2008
White Day : A Labyrinth named School...

The game so scary it was patched 3 times because people couldn't get passed the first part without quitting.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, also going to ask how L4D is scary. There's the odd jump scare, I guess.

Maybe the first time the Witch is scaryish...after a little while I want to go out of my way to find and kill her, cause that crying is really annoying.

Also, going to mention XDaS, those games have the advantage of being free.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Left 4 dead... dead space... michigan... alice... deadly premonition?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, go back to playing kids games, bro, those games aren't scary.

What a disappointing list.