8 Members of the Justice League In Their Best Costumes

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Members of the Justice League In Their Best Costumes

The Justice League has been around since 1960, and here you can see how they've grown through the years.

Read Full Article

Verrenxnon

Nov 17, 2009
I'm as much a fan of the Justice League as anybody, but this is nothing more than a collection of pictures of DC heroes. Robin isn't even a member of the Justice League. There's nothing persuasive in any of the arguments regarding their best costumes. Many have argued that the Wonder Woman picture posted here is among her worst designs. Where's the compare/contrast dynamic to their other costumes? What's your rubric for measurement? In what comics can we find their "best" costumes? Are those stories worth reading or not? I seriously can't tell what you're going for here.

Don't get me wrong; I love the idea suggested by the headline, but there's absolutely no substance or nuance to this. I can't help but feel that more time on Google search would've yielded better, more nuanced and worthwhile results.

mythgraven

No One Is Special
Mar 9, 2010
Verrenxnon said:
I'm as much a fan of the Justice League as anybody, but this is nothing more than a collection of pictures of DC heroes. Robin isn't even a member of the Justice League. There's nothing persuasive in any of the arguments regarding their best costumes. Many have argued that the Wonder Woman picture posted here is among her worst designs. Where's the compare/contrast dynamic to their other costumes? What's your rubric for measurement? In what comics can we find their "best" costumes? Are those stories worth reading or not? I seriously can't tell what you're going for here.

Don't get me wrong; I love the idea suggested by the headline, but there's absolutely no substance or nuance to this. I can't help but feel that more time on Google search would've yielded better, more nuanced and worthwhile results.

Completely agree. And Im honestly astonished that the Genderscapist actually put the Wonder Woman design last, although that's neither here nor there. With the exception of Wonder Woman, and Batman, those were not the "best" costumes used, only the most "classic", ie; repeated, often seen, normal. I sort of expected more "what if" costumes, alternate universes, one shot-asskickers.

whiskey echo!!
mythgraven

Ace Morologist

Apr 25, 2013
I really wanted to like that (pictured) redesign of Wonder Woman's outfit when it came out, but the bolero jacket and the weird choker killed it for me. I liked the red and black. I liked that she had pants. I thought the belt was cool. If the red part was supposed to be armor, though, the cleavage dip makes it kind of silly.

Still and all, though, better than the star-spangled hot pants thing she's had going on forever.

I think it would be kind of cool to see Wonder Woman in just regular modern lady clothes, but have transparent-with-golden-outline magical armor form around her when she's doing her superhero thing. (Sort of like Mass Effect's tech armor, but inspired by ancient Greek design. And magical.) Maybe she's always got the magic bracers on and that's where the magic comes from. Maybe one of the ways to more easily show that Wonder Woman is a strong, confident female archetype is to have her dress like one.

Somebody with the power... push that up the chain and make that happen.

--Morology!

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Since when was Robin in the Justice League?

I'm not sure who's creating these lists, but they REALLY need to use google for something more than picture grabbing.

Also:
Check and mate!

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
On the topic of Justice League, I just recently decided to actually watch the cartoon show. I was surprised at how amazing the first two seasons were. However, once it was retooled into Justice League: Unlimited it seemed to go downhill very fast. Much less character development, worse score, only 22 minute episodes, far too many characters. It seemed to fall into the classic 'saturday morning cartoon' setup.
It made me kind of sad, as I thought I had discovered a gem that would last me for a bit longer than it did.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
cursedseishi said:
Seventh Actuality said:
The fuck is this? "8 random things that came up when we google image searched 'justice league costumes'"?
Agreed.

Besides, it's incredibly lazy to include Green Lantern in there, and then try to make some joke about "all he can think of is fists HURDUR!" Green Lantern isn't even technically a super hero, its a giant group who all wear the same exact thing. If he was so utterly desperate to include Green Lantern, he should of done the only intelligent thing available.

/"costume"
Where in the name of Judas rockin' Priest did that picture come from?! Is that a recent issue?

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
@Clive Howlitzer: In some ways I enjoyed JLU MORE because it tended to focus on less know characters.

I mean, hell, I didn't even know who 'The Question' was until JLU expanded on him.

smashleigh

Aug 6, 2011
Aaron Diaz did an interesting and different take in his blog (although its more a full character reboot than just new costumes)

http://dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/10979241054/rebooting-the-justice-league

Actually all his reboot stuff is pretty darn cool from Zelda to Xmen to Starwars