8 Memorable Moments in MMO History

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014

We all have those memorable moments playing our favorite MMORPG that we'll remember for the rest of our lives. Some are minor, some are insane.

Here are eight memorable moments that many veteran gamers will remember!

We'd love to hear your own memorable moments in gaming. Just comment below and tell us all about it!

Read Full Article

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Small addendum to the Sleeper story: After SOE despawned him, there was the outrage, and seeing this, the devs let the players have another go the following day, complete with an "I'm sorry we messed your raid." This was after all, not the intention of the Sleeper, who was designed to wreck havoc for a while, with shouts from him and other lizards being broadcast server wide, then he disappears. I was raiding Time during this event, keeping up with cross-server chat. Very distracting when I'm killing gods myself. Anyway, the devs reset the Sleeper to give the raiders another shot, without interference, and after some hours, they succeeded and killed Kerafyrm. What was their reward? One cloth cap, not a special cap, a plain old level one, same as you get from an orc peon, cloth cap.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
IIRC, Corrupted Blood didn't kill instantly, it just ticked for a high amount of damage. The average high-level player health at the time was around 4000-5000, and according to WoWWiki, the debuff dealt 800-1000 damage per tick. So, it would spread to lower-level players, kill them almost instantly, and then spread to others.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
n0e said:

We all have those memorable moments playing our favorite MMORPG that we'll remember for the rest of our lives. Some are minor, some are insane.

We'd love to hear your own memorable moments in gaming. Just comment below and tell us all about it!

Read Full Article
U forgot to mention the ZG "event" also caught the interest of the CDC as a study on how population centers would react to a massive plague.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Oh, the number 8 sounds like the typical reaction from Sony for whenever the players accomplish something awesome but outside of the intended limits. While other developers embrace, humor or ignore them; Sony has to be a party pooper control freak.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
n0e said:

Read Full Article
U forgot to mention the ZG "event" also caught the interest of the CDC as a study on how population centers would react to a massive plague.
that would be the corrupted blood incident.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
ecoho said:
n0e said:

Read Full Article
Yes, what is your point? Do you think I was saying the OP forgot the entire thing? No, please use some reading comprehension skills. I was saying that the OP forgot to mention the event caught the attention of the CDC. Thanks.
sorry misread your post, and btw a simple please read my post would have sufficed instead of the im obviously insecure out burst you decided to post.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
ecoho said:
ecoho said:
n0e said:

Read Full Article
Yes, what is your point? Do you think I was saying the OP forgot the entire thing? No, please use some reading comprehension skills. I was saying that the OP forgot to mention the event caught the attention of the CDC. Thanks.
sorry misread your post, and btw a simple please read my post would have sufficed instead of the im obviously insecure out burst you decided to post.
Actually my reply was quite benign compared to other things, but in full disclosure you're not the first person I've had to deal with who didn't take the few moments to comprehend something I wrote but felt they needed to correct or inform me of something unnecessarily. If that offends you, sorry but I'm about done trying to be nice to people who don't bother to take a modicum of time to use basic reading skills. I'm not sorry for replying but rather that you end up getting the brunt of frustration of multiple instances of such.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
What? No mention of the Shard Vigil of Asheron's Call?
http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-most-elaborate-dick-moves-in-online-gaming-history_p5/

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Nothing more memorable than mining a full inventory of Iron Ore in Al Kharid mine and transporting it to the bank for 4 hours straight in Runescape.

Jan 27, 2011
Oh Eve Online...You are SO fun to read about. XD

I love reading about the insane stuff people get up to in that game, even though there's no way I'd ever play it. But I love that it exists just for the stories.

I haven't forgotten that massive war that happened over a relatively minor system because someone forgot to pay rent on the system and it became "contested" allowing a rival corp to make a move on it. XD