8 Mods that Bring Fallout 3 Closer to Fallout 4

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Mods that Bring Fallout 3 Closer to Fallout 4

Looking for something to keep you occupied this weekend until Fallout 4 hits Tuesday? Try out these eight Fallout 3 mods that simulate the new game!

Read Full Article

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Its like an article I myself would write to undermine the entire point of an $80 game on a $400 system(minimum) that doesn't take advantage of any of the new technology and is basically just an up-rez Fallout 3.
Because you can get Fallout 3 for like $10 and NexusMod for what, $15 a month?

Or you can spend upwards of $500+ on Fallout 3.5: Rounding up costs an extra $50.

Well done ffronw. I'm pleased.

Jan 12, 2012
That colour change mod is lovely. If there's one thing that made Fallout 3 a slog (other than the absolutely lousy story) it's the green and grey blur. There's no distinction to anything, and it makes the game look very depressing and monotonous, like the war happened yesterday and not 200 years ago.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
K.ur said:
Silentpony said:
$15 a month?
Nexus is free and i know people, whose internet is slower than their bandwidth limit.
Wait, NexusMod has a subscription. I renewed mine only a few months ago. And without it I can't download any of their mods.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Considering the only real reason to play Fallout 4 is to experience the weapon modding and settlement building (some of the few good additions in FO4), these mods pretty much render the purchase obsolete.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Silentpony said:
NexusMod has a subscription.
No. Nexus has a premium service. Meaning you can subscribe into a better service, not that you need to subscribe to use it. You need only to register on it. The limits are the bandwidth useage like download speed and number of simultane downloads.

There are enough people not knowing how nexus is, don't make a wrong image.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
ShakerSilver said:
Considering the only real reason to play Fallout 4 is to experience the weapon modding and settlement building (some of the few good additions in FO4), these mods pretty much render the purchase obsolete.
See but people will say you're too negative and you 'just don't like video games' when you say that.
I don't get it. It doesn't look like Fallout 4 is adding anything that can't already be found in totally free mods.

Jan 12, 2012
Silentpony said:
ShakerSilver said:
See but people will say you're too negative and you 'just don't like video games' when you say that.
I don't get it. It doesn't look like Fallout 4 is adding anything that can't already be found in totally free mods.
Except for a totally new story, new enviroment, new characters with full voice acting, new side quests and jokes, etc...

I mean, I'm sure you can find someone who has built a new section of the Wasteland as a mod (I remember someone doing something like that with The Elder Scrolls) but there's a difference between what a modder can do in their spare time and what an entire studio of professional devs can do working for years.

People won't say that you don't like video games, they'll say that you have no sense of perspective.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Personally if someone could port the best mod for all of Fallout, The Storyteller [http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58473/?], from New Vegas to Fallout 3 I'd download the hell out of it. Hell, if he was an official character or companion in Fallout 4 I'd buy the game for that reason alone.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
I find it kind of funny that more than a few of these mods are made redundant by New Vegas which has the weapon customization, better colour palete, better companions, and generally better everything than F3. I mean, if you could buy NV and download Two Wastelands why on earth would you choose the inferior game of the series?

Zontar said:
Personally if someone could port the best mod for all of Fallout, The Storyteller [http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58473/?], from New Vegas to Fallout 3 I'd download the hell out of it. Hell, if he was an official character or companion in Fallout 4 I'd buy the game for that reason alone.
He's not going to be, but they were talking about him being a mod on PC, PS3 and Xbox on today's episode.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I should really get Tale of Two Wastelands up and running, but touching my New Vegas load order will probably break it.

I should probably try and start Wasteland 2 over again now that the Director's Cut is out, that'll provide me with a good post-apocalyptic experience.

I'm kinda curious though as to why nobody seems to mention Fallout: New Vegas now that Fallout 4 is on the way. I've heard the phrase 'We've been waiting 7 years for a new Fallout game' lately a few too many times.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
vallorn said:
He's not going to be, but they were talking about him being a mod on PC, PS3 and Xbox on today's episode.
I'm aware of that, but having him be an official character, maybe even a few quests based around him, would be amazing.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Silentpony said:
ShakerSilver said:
Except for a totally new story, new enviroment, new characters with full voice acting, new side quests and jokes, etc...

I mean, I'm sure you can find someone who has built a new section of the Wasteland as a mod (I remember someone doing something like that with The Elder Scrolls) but there's a difference between what a modder can do in their spare time and what an entire studio of professional devs can do working for years.

People won't say that you don't like video games, they'll say that you have no sense of perspective.
Try Project Brazil sometime, A team are building a whole new West Coast Fallout game inside of New Vegas.

FogHornG36 said:
Do you have a mod that removes most the rpg elements?

Again, when it comes down to it, you probably could mostly build Fallout 4 in Fallout 3 or vice versa, in fact, I eagerly await someone putting a good game like New Vegas inside of Fallout 4's engine after people fix what Bethesda have broken and give us proper dialogue options and menus back.