8 Most Pulse-Pounding Revenge Movies

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Most Pulse-Pounding Revenge Movies

Today we give you a brief glimpse at some of the best movies focused on revenge. These will have you hopping mad and wanting some sort of justice.

Read Full Article

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
What kind of a list is this?
No Princess Bride #1?
No Princess Bride at all?!

What a sham.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Candidus said:
What kind of a list is this?
No Princess Bride #1?
No Princess Bride at all?!

What a sham.
Possibly because The Princess Bride isn't a revenge movie. It's an romantic action adventure movie that happens to have one of it's supporting characters seeking vengeance.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
Old Boy is ok. Most of my Korean friends either badger me to watch it, or insist that I also think it is one of Korea's greatest contributions to the world of film. Sadly, it's quite predictable, and not at all that great...just don't tell any Korean friends you might have that you feel this way...

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
"Hard Candy features [Ellen Page] getting revenge against the internet." How very prophetic for that whole thing with the nude models in that game I can't remember the name of a month later.

Also you might want to put a little bit of a warning on Irreversible. Though I suppose the box itself comes with about seven of them.

Also, also, it might just be that I watched it a day or two ago but I think Sleuth (1972) was a pretty good revenge film.
Although I suppose this list is more of a "You killed someone I like therefore I will kill you" kind of affair but in a way I think Sleuth was made better since it didn't focus on murder as revenge... for the most part.

V0idi0v

Jun 25, 2013
How can you have a revenge film list without some western movies. You cant. Thus this list is invalid.

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
I'm going to sound like a bit of a douche now I think, but can someone tell me the point of these 'Galleries of the day' features? I can understand if it was user based screenshots of games, or photos or even micro-reviews but all I ever see are random lists of something, that rarely tie in with current events and are basically some generic Google images.

This is by no means an attack on the guy making the lists, but I'm genuinely confused about them. If any normal user made a standard thread with this type of thing, it would be scorned at or ignored.

I think the only logical response to my question is "If you don't like it, don't look or comment in this thread" and I agree, so I won't anymore.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Possibly because The Princess Bride isn't a revenge movie. It's an romantic action adventure movie that happens to have one of it's supporting characters seeking vengeance.
Huh?! I've watched that movie, and the revenge part is the only part I remember... There were other characters?! Surely not.

emissary666

May 6, 2009
How is 'Nightmare On Elm Street' on this list and 'I Spit On Your Grave' isn't? No 'Last House On The Left'? Also, 'Hard Candy' isn't about revenge; Hayley's motivation is unclear and, though revenge is one of the possible implied reasons, the movie provides many other possible motives. This list is rather flawed.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Candidus said:
canadamus_prime said:
Huh?! I've watched that movie, and the revenge part is the only part I remember... There were other characters?! Surely not.
Yeah, I've watched that movie several dozen times and the revenge thing is only a minor part of it.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
Houseman said:
mokes310 said:
Old Boy... Sadly, it's quite predictable
Who do you think you're fooling?
Have you seen it? If not, I wont spoil it. All I'll say is, "uh, yeah, didn't see that one coming... "

If you have, I mean, dude, it was so OBVIOUS.

DolAaghr

Jan 14, 2009
Speaking of Oldboy: this is just first of three Park Chan-wook films about vengeance. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance was the first of three and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance the last. I think whole trillogy deserves to be mentioned here more than Desperado.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
I would include Death Sentence (Kevin Bacon goes nuts as a calm family man), A Bittersweet Life (Brilliant south korean movie, they really seem to love revenge movies), A History of Violence (if that counts) and maybe The Skin I Live In because it's all kinds of fucked up. I would remove Hard Candy and The Prestige because i find both to be quite awful.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
DolAaghr said:
Speaking of Oldboy: this is just first of three Park Chan-wook films about vengeance. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance was the first of three and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance the last. I think whole trillogy deserves to be mentioned here more than Desperado.
I agree, and personally i think Mr Vengeance is stronger than Oldboy. Not to mention Thirst, which might be his greatest film, that's not really a revenge movie though.