8 Most Spoilerific and Memorable Deaths in Movies

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Most Spoilerific and Memorable Deaths in Movies

On this day in 41 AD Caligula was assassinated. In memoriam we give you a short, spoiler filled, gallery dedicated to some of the most infamous deaths in movies. Just remember to keep your back to the wall and enjoy.

Read Full Article

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
I can't decide which death shocked me more upon initial viewing of it, "Burn After Reading" or "The Departed". Departed certainly had more impact, given it was the the hero of the flick. Nice shout-out to "The Third Man" by the by.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
After starting off with Psycho, you lost me until Sonny's death in The Godfather.
Most of those deaths weren't even remotely memorable for me.

Seriously? I stopped thinking about Burn After Reading seconds after it ended but Obi-Wan's death wasn't memorable?

ShadowGandalf01

Oct 3, 2011
The only 2 I knew from the list was Psycho, and, of course, The Lion King.
Never watched the rest.

Nemu said:
After starting off with Psycho, you lost me until Sonny's death in The Godfather.
Most of those deaths weren't even remotely memorable for me.

Seriously? I stopped thinking about Burn After Reading seconds after it ended but Obi-Wan's death wasn't memorable?
Also, maybe Obi Wan didn't make the list because although his physical form died, he lived on with the Force? Possibly?

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
Death scene's should make you shiver, what about the knife fight in Saving Private Ryan? The look of realization on Mellish's face that he's about to lose, telling the enemy soldier to 'wait', whilst the knife slowly inches into his chest as the nazi actually tries to ease his passing with an eerie 'shhhhh'.

For more visceral death scenes I would go with American Werewolf in London, Jack is brilliantly torn apart, but what about the Nazi (Nazi's again???) monsters scene???

I go cold at the thought of the victims of (John Carpenter's) The Thing, most of the team get 'infected', but at what point do they stop being 'them' and fully become 'it'? Can they feel it changing inside but are powerless? Or is that not the nature of the creature at all, are they still 'them' completely but with the added irresistible urge to hide & replicate!

SexyGarfield

Mar 12, 2013
I just saw The Third Man at the opening of the Noir City film festival last night. Welles's death scene was so very tragic yet deserved, the part where he grips the grate then lets go breaks my heart every time.