8 Movies With the Best Twist Endings

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
8 Movies With the Best Twist Endings

Here are eight movies that had a really great and surprising ending.

Read Full Article

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
The thing I really enjoyed about The Sixth Sense was... I missed the first ten minutes of the film. It made the twist truly enjoyable.

Makes me wonder if there are key surgically precise sections of many of M Night's movies that could be removed, and elevate them to greatness...

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ehhm, i wouldn't say the "what's in the box?" part of Se7en is a twist really. More just a shock moment, but the film revelled in shock moments anyway. It's more the fact that the serial killer had planned for emotional reactions to complete his "work" that brought the jigsaw together.

Anyhow, has anybody seen Lucky number Sleven? Not perfect by any means, but some interesting play in there. And starring M. Freeman! (As a bad guy nonetheless)
There's also an interesting film called The Disappearance of Alice Creed that is sort of like if someone decided to make a story comprised solely of plot twists. Fascinating to watch unfold and must take a fair bit of skill to pull off that effectively. Recommended if only to try and figure out whether it requires its' own genre. And if so; where to find more, as it's pretty damn entertaining!

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
Xsjadoblayde said:
Anyhow, has anybody seen Lucky number Sleven? Not perfect by any means, but some interesting play in there. And starring M. Freeman! (As a bad guy nonetheless)
Came in here specifically to mention that one. I love that film.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Weresquirrel said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Came in here specifically to mention that one. I love that film.
Here, here. Aside from the twists (and there are afew) I enjoyed the dialogue of the film. I was surprised no mention Momento. While many sing it's praise for it's strange format (it plays backwards in chunks) it holds quite the twist of an ending. Another interesting film is Suicide Kings.