8 Must-Have Cities: Skylines Mods

Sep 14, 2009
ohhh that automatic bulldozer one will be awesome to have, and definitely gonna try the dynamic one too

#pcmasterrace, ho!

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
PSA on the Auto Bulldoze, it can actually affect growth as the removal of all abandoned buildings results in strange effects your cities growth, least that's what I heard.
Like with a lot of mods, save before you go about using them.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
The Borderless Skylines mod looks pretty amazing. I don't have the game yet, but whenever I get around to it, I'll likely check out that mod.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Chirpy exterminator - best mod out there. now if somone could make a mod to remove the real one.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
How is Unlimited Money not on here?! I mean seriously?! What's the fun in waiting hours and hours and struggling to balance the tax rate of housing vs. industry just to be able to afford a new windmill?!
I say but a thousand of the fuckers and move on! I got poorly conceived highway off ramps to build!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Oh man, that fire spreading mod looks like pure sadism. Because no matter how much money I pump in the fire department and how many fire stations I build, buildings keep catching on fire at an alarming rate. Not to mention that fire stations rarely fill up with enough fire trucks. Quite a pain in the nuts in an otherwise very calm game with little danger.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Good list. I would like to add three particularly handy tools and mods I use often:

City Vitals Watch
Adds a small window with all the important vitals of your city, removing the need for clicking through umpteen different windows to check up on your water, sewage, electricity, incinerators, etc.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410151616&searchtext=

Persistent Resource View
Keeps the resource color-coding persistent until you select a different tool. This allows you to easily plan roads and zones without having constantly switch between resource view and other tools.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410842044

Fine Roads Height
Lowers the road height increments from 12m to 3m, giving you much finer control. One of my favorites, very useful for making compact road structures.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=413678178&searchtext=

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Diablo1099 said:
PSA on the Auto Bulldoze, it can actually affect growth as the removal of all abandoned buildings results in strange effects your cities growth, least that's what I heard.
Like with a lot of mods, save before you go about using them.
I haven't had this experience yet. That said, I can stagnate a city with no help from mods. It's a gift.

If anyone has had this happen, I'd love to hear about it.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Silentpony said:
How is Unlimited Money not on here?! I mean seriously?! What's the fun in waiting hours and hours and struggling to balance the tax rate of housing vs. industry just to be able to afford a new windmill?!
I say but a thousand of the fuckers and move on! I got poorly conceived highway off ramps to build!
Because that's in the vanilla game. You don't need to download that one. The base game comes with three mods: Hard Mode, Unlimited Money, and Everything Unlocked. I forgot what the third one was actually called but it allows us to make anything we want regardless of population.
Granted, the city doesn't always UTILIZE everything you plop down. My starter town of 400 doesn't need that huge office district. Yet.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Zydrate said:
Silentpony said:
Because that's in the vanilla game. You don't need to download that one. The base game comes with three mods: Hard Mode, Unlimited Money, and Everything Unlocked. I forgot what the third one was actually called but it allows us to make anything we want regardless of population.
Granted, the city doesn't always UTILIZE everything you plop down. My starter town of 400 doesn't need that huge office district. Yet.
Mine, apparently, doesn't need an industrial zone. Built a huge area, with highway access, multiple roads leading in, water/electricity, all the services, a bus rout, subway, police/firefighters, rail ways, everything!
Not a single factory has come up in a like an hour of gameplay.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Silentpony said:
There's an Unlimited Money option in the Mods menu item - it's bundled with the game. There's also one that disables the growth milestones and unlocks everything from the get-go.

The only downside is using mods disqualifies you from earning Achievements.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Silentpony said:
Zydrate said:
Silentpony said:
Mine, apparently, doesn't need an industrial zone. Built a huge area, with highway access, multiple roads leading in, water/electricity, all the services, a bus rout, subway, police/firefighters, rail ways, everything!
Not a single factory has come up in a like an hour of gameplay.
That happened to me once, took about thirty minutes before my city bothered with their industry.
I still prefer sandboxing over normal money-earning gameplay though.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Must-Have Cities: Skylines Mods

These eight mods for Cities: Skylines make Paradox's city builder even better.

Read Full Article

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Bringing back the classics huh.

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
Would probably be worth at least updating the lists to make them accurate. Game's had Natural Disasters for half a year, Atomic bulldoze has been replaced with a new version and the old one doesn't really work, same with the Dynamic Resolution mod. Traffic report and Isometric camera are straight up dead links now, and the linked fire spread mod also points to the dead version of the mod.

Seriously, I get that there's not much contributor content going on and that's making the recycling the most appealing option, but it took me all of two minutes to check all this to see what might need to be updated.

Instead of the recycled content making folks who didn't see it first time around think there's still content going on, its just making them think "Man, all these links are broken or dead, this is a pretty shitty job they've done.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Silentpony said:
Isn't that one included with the game?