8 of the Best Star Wars Games Ever Made

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014

May the 4th be with you! Today is National Star Wars Day, so of course we're making a list of the most influential Star Wars games!

Read Full Article

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Get the AEM (Absolute Enhancement Mod) or ACM (Absolute Corruption Mod) for Star Wars: Empire At War and you'll be pinging lasers back and forth across space until the end of days. 'S'great.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
n0e said:

May the 4th be with you! Today is National Star Wars Day, so of course we're making a list of the most influential Star Wars games!

Read Full Article
just a nit pick SWTOR takes place a few thousand years before episode one not in between the trilogies as you said in the article.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
X-Wing came out first. TIE Fighter is the sequel. I played the living daylights out of X-Wing when I was a kid, and really wish someone would either re-release it on consoles, or there would be a new game in the series. I would love to jump back into a cockpit again.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Barbas said:
Get the AEM (Absolute Enhancement Mod) or ACM (Absolute Corruption Mod) for Star Wars: Empire At War and you'll be pinging lasers back and forth across space until the end of days. 'S'great.
The Republic at War mod is also amazing. It's got some balance issues, particularly regarding how quickly the cis can decimate your Navy early on and how quickly the republic can decimate ground forces early on and to an extent even later into the game, but who cares because it has fucking Delta Squad in it.

OT: Slightly saddened that the original Battlefront didn't make it onto the list or Repcom but you've got such a solid list it'd be hard to replace some.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Ah, Lego Star Wars. I really miss that game, it was from a time when graphics were so bad you could believe everything was made of LEGO. Unlike today, where LEGO games feel like only 10% of the game world is LEGO.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I remember a really old Star Wars game where you had to build up the biosphere by planting trees and releasing hunter and prey species.
I think it was on Naboo, at least the first mission.
Can't remember it's name or the reason why you did it though..

Knights of the Old Republic is still the best Star Wars games though.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Ahem...

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

Star Wars Episode I: Pod Racer

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Super Star Wars

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
You know, I would happily throw Galaxies under a bus and put Republic Commando on this list instead.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
A decent list, if a bit cheat-y for including series as a single entry. I would have had a few different entries (replace Dark Forces with Republic Commando, for instance), but that's the beauty of lists; it's all subjective.

Just an FYI, X-Wing came first, then Tie Fighter came along and kicked things up to God-tier levels.[footnote]Biased? Who, me?[/footnote] You were probably thinking of X-Wing Alliance.

The Enquirer said:
Barbas said:
The Republic at War mod is also amazing. It's got some balance issues, particularly regarding how quickly the cis can decimate your Navy early on and how quickly the republic can decimate ground forces early on and to an extent even later into the game, but who cares because it has fucking Delta Squad in it.
I guess we're sharing our favorite EaW mods? Then let me throw in my recommendations for Awakening of the Rebellion. [http://thrawnsrevenge.com/] Both are great in their own unique ways and bring lots of new features to the table.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
RealRT said:
You know, I would happily throw Galaxies under a bus and put Republic Commando on this list instead.
Agree. I'd also probably replace Jedi Knight (which stopped being good when it stopped being Dark Forces which is rightly already on the list) with Shadows of the Empire. Star Wars... the vector graphics sit down arcade cabinet also would have to be on my list somewhere. I guess it would have to be on there instead of Empire at War.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Interesting how tactful the article is regarding EA Battlefront.

Regardless, pretty good list, but I find your lack of Republic Commando disturbing. *Force Chokes*

THM

Sep 27, 2014
Myself, I liked the Force Unleashed games - high heresy, I know. :/

And why? The gameplay was good (not perfect, but still), but mostly the plot. It was about Force users, and the Empire, and wasn't the Skywalker Family Feud (tm). Not only that, you got to throw SPACESHIPS around. What's not to like? :)

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Barbas said:
I have to nominate the Thrawn's Revenge mod. So EU, much Thrawn.

Actually I just love how they really put a lot of work into making it work with the lore of EU now known as "Legends" content. Knowing the story gives an advantage to the player, but its very faithful.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Someone mind explaining to me how Rogue Squadron completely failed to make this list?

And where in the hell was Republic Commando?

Also, Racer Revenge. Why wasn't that on there?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Not a bad list, but you left off Shadows of the Empire. That is...disappointing.
American Tanker said:
Someone mind explaining to me how Rogue Squadron completely failed to make this list?

And where in the hell was Republic Commando?

Also, Racer Revenge. Why wasn't that on there?
YES. Republic Commando was the tits!
Vendor-Lazarus said:
I remember a really old Star Wars game where you had to build up the biosphere by planting trees and releasing hunter and prey species.

Are you thinking of another STAR WARS RTS/ The one that used the same engine as Age of Empires?
MiskWisk said:
Interesting how tactful the article is regarding EA Battlefront.

Regardless, pretty good list, but I find your lack of Republic Commando disturbing. *Force Chokes*
Good, good. Give in to your aggressive feelings. And I liked Battlefront II, for the story of the 501st Legion of Clonetroopers, then Stormtroopers, and splitting land and space combat.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:

Are you thinking of another STAR WARS RTS/ The one that used the same engine as Age of Empires?
I was thinking of http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_I:_The_Gungan_Frontier .
It was easier to find than I thought.
Doesn't sound as exciting now as what I perceived it be back then. Still pretty cool though.