8 of the Most Disturbing Moments in Video Games

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
8 of the Most Disturbing Moments in Video Games

Here are eight games that have some of the most disturbing scenes you'll find in a video game.

Read Full Article

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
A thief game?! Jeez, why not just have the Halloween Cookie Clicker?!

Someone needs to tell you the difference between jump scares and atmospheric nothing vs actual horror.

BOOOO!
and ______________________________________________________

aren't exactly the Exorcist.

Jan 27, 2011
What. You put the Thief REBOOT mission in there, but no mention of the Shalebridge Cradle from Thief Deadly Shadows?!

SHAME. SHAME! *ding ding ding*

The Shalebridge cradle was freakin' amazing and beyond creepy! How did that not get a mention?

Mar 30, 2010
"8 of the most disturbing moments in videogames"
followed by
"Tomb Raider - Every death scene"

Wow, you're just not even trying. Is it too much to ask that site contributors put at least some effort into their articles?

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
P.T. /thread
ok ok if you must know, first you wake up to the image of 2 cockroaches doing the nasty, ends stuck together crawling across the floor. Did NOT want that image. Then as you're walking through the house, the radio broadcasts a news report about a man murdering his family. He fires a shotgun into his wife's belly, who was pregnant at the time. Then there's the talking fetus! Did I mention the talking fetus? There's a talking fetus, a fetus, that talks. This isn't even the halfway point.
P.S.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, lets just say the eyepoke machine in Dead Space 2 killed any interest in replaying the game ever again.

That's something I cant handle in media, and the game makes it impossible for you to look away or else you fail.

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
Windknight said:
Yeah, lets just say the eyepoke machine in Dead Space 2 killed any interest in replaying the game ever again.

That's something I cant handle in media, and the game makes it impossible for you to look away or else you fail.
I'm completely with you there. I can't even stand to have anything by my eyes, and while I could see all sorts of horrible, violent, gruesome stuff in games and movies, eye screams bothere me to no end. I had to play that bit several times...while squinting and half looking away.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Experiencing a Frontal Lobotomy in First Person view in the Bioshock: Infinite Burial at Sea DLC feels like it should be in here somewhere. I'll also have to admit I got a bit cringy from watch Clem have to sew up her own arm with fishing wire in The Walking Dead Season 2.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Silentpony said:
A thief game?! Jeez, why not just have the Halloween Cookie Clicker?!

Someone needs to tell you the difference between jump scares and atmospheric nothing vs actual horror.

BOOOO!
and ______________________________________________________

aren't exactly the Exorcist.
For real. Anyone remember the original Blood? That game was fucking disturbing, especially when you played with headphones and at night. Silent Hill, at least the first few, were disturbing. That chainsaw guy from Resident Evil 4 was disturbing (I have a soft spot for RE2 as well, first RE game ever played). In fairness to the list, Condemned was really good because the melee violence was incredibly visceral. You could feel the impact. Terrific game.

I haven't played Outlast or any of those new kinds survival horror games where all you can do is run away but stuff like Dead Space was always too over the top and silly to to be disturbing. There was no pacing, no atmosphere, just limbs being shredded. Video game gore is big time played out.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
Why the hell isn't Spec Ops: The Line on this list? A scene where you lose a finger in a sub par horror game makes the cut, but the most genuinely disturbing scene in all of gaming history is left out? I swear, I feel like I'm the only one who remembers Spec ops: The Line.

TT Kairen

Nov 10, 2011
The lack of the ending reveal of the Project: Overlord DLC from Mass Effect 2 on this list is criminal. I demand a recount!

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I feel like the ending of FEAR 2 should be on here since you
get raped by the ghost of a girl (Alma) and impregnate her. How many games honestly depict rape?

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
So who remembers being turned into the Strogg in Quake 4?

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Can someone please take this off their goddamn home page. I'm tired of seeing that eye shit, it freaks me out.