8 of the Weirdest Moments in the Metal Gear Solid Series

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 of the Weirdest Moments in the Metal Gear Solid Series

The Metal Gear Solid series is full of weird moments, but these eight are some of the strangest of all.

Read Full Article

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
What's so odd about the Colonel...

La Li Lu Le Lo, La Li Lu Le Lo, La Li Lu Le Lo!

... and his Codec calls? I see nothing...

ZZ... zz...

... wrong with what he said.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Yup, also Psycho Mantis does the same on Twin Snakes, but with different games, both from Nintendo and Silicon Knight's own Eternal Darkness.

Speaking of diarrhea, in MGS V, you'll eventually find a rather peculiar tape that has the recording of some poor sod emptying his bowels (presumably Sasaki's father), if the enemy's searching for you, you can hide in one of the many toilets scattered in almost any base and when an enemy gets near, you can play that tape on the loud speakers and they'll simply leave you alone.

Stuff like this is why I love the series in general :)

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
My problem with the video for Psycho Mantis was it didn't show that "read the memory card" trick that entry described, making the player put down the controller (with Snake looking right at the screen and nodding his head).
Rad Party God said:
Yup, also Psycho Mantis does the same on Twin Snakes, but with different games, both from Nintendo and Silicon Knight's own Eternal Darkness.

Speaking of diarrhea, in MGS V, you'll eventually find a rather peculiar tape that has the recording of some poor sod emptying his bowels (presumably Sasaki's father), if the enemy's searching for you, you can hide in one of the many toilets scattered in almost any base and when an enemy gets near, you can play that tape on the loud speakers and they'll simply leave you alone.

Stuff like this is why I love the series in general :)
I forgot what happened to MGS3's Johnny Sasaki, but it's my theory he reappeared in MGS: Portable Ops as Jonathan, the first soldier Naked Snake and Roy Campbell capture/recruit.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I thought it weird that in the first Playstation game, when you had the camera equipped and used it certain rooms, the ghostly visage of the game's developers would show up in the photo.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
There was also the whole Mantis shenanigans in Metal Gear Solid 4 with Psycho Mantis's "Resurrection" including him talking about how you have "upgraded" your storage and how there is no memory card, he then tries to repeat his "Moving your controller" trick from MGS1 and will respond differently depending on whether you have a SixAxis or Dualshock 3 controller on your PS3. ("VIBRATION IS BACK!")

Without Vibration:

With Vibration: