8 Ordinary But Amazing Weapons Used In World War II

moosemaimer

Apr 14, 2011
Major Tom said:
as should have been the MG42 (superior to the M1917 in every way, considering the M1917 was rather obsolete and only saw limited service in WW2. Its replacement, the M1919 would have been better to mention), which influenced MG design for many years after the war and its direct descendant, the MG3, only started being phased out of Bundewehr service in 2012.
The M-60 was based on the MG-42 and that's still in service.

Trillovinum

Dec 15, 2010
Yeah, this list is using only American equipment and not even the best ones. Others have pointed this out before though and so I won't go into details.

But if this were my list I'd include the StG44, the 88mm flak, MG42, T-34 tank, Sherman tank, BREN gun... well now that I think about it there's alot of interesting and/or worthy armaments, vehicles and other devices that were used in that war.
THe list would be very very long...

MXRom

Jan 10, 2013
I'm an American and I can say half this list is crap. The MG42 was leagues ahead of any machine gun of its time, the Tiger Panzer outclassed all other tanks on the field, and the StG 44 the first ever Assualt Rifle ever made; and yet not even a footnote to this stuff.

And this stuff only covered infantry weapons and vehicles. No mention of air or naval craft.