8 PC Sandbox Games that Let You Wander Their World

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 PC Sandbox Games that Let You Wander Their World

If you're looking to lose yourself exploring a video game world, these eight games will let you do just that.

Read Full Article

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Space Engineers because it's not even just one world anymore, it's up to three worlds plus asteroids.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
And none of the most famous hiking simulator RPGs made the list at all? I'm happy for the Witcher 3, but The Elder Scrolls have been king of this since the very beginning. And they actually have a world to explore!

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
True Crime: Streets of L.A.

Lego Lord of the Rings

Lego Marvel - come on! You can swing on Web lines from the X-Mansion to Oscorp to Pym Labs to the Daily Bugle!!!

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Red Faction: Guerrilla had such potential for a great sequel. Then Armageddon happened and fucked the whole thing pretty much to death. I love Guerrilla but the fact it didn't continue on that track in the sequel hurt its quality in my mind.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Scow2 said:
And none of the most famous hiking simulator RPGs made the list at all? I'm happy for the Witcher 3, but The Elder Scrolls have been king of this since the very beginning. And they actually have a world to explore!
I found very few interesting spots in Witcher 3. It is definitely not an exploration game

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
Red Faction: Guerrilla

Here's a short description of Red Faction: Guerrilla: Go blow up Mars. Yeah, that's it. Guerrilla casts you as Alec Mason, who's arrived on Mars to find his brother, only to see him killed. You're then drawn into the Red Faction, where you set out to avenge your dad brother by laying waste to pretty much any structure you run across. You can't blow up the terrain, but almost everything else is fair game. It's a great time, and the game rewards you for causing destruction and mayhem, so you know it's a winner.
Is Alec Mason from the south then?

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Man, only two PC exclusive games on this list? Might have made more sense to just call the list "8 Sandbox games..."

Nice list, though. A good sandbox game can be hard to find and all of these pretty much are it.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
trunkage said:
Scow2 said:
I found very few interesting spots in Witcher 3. It is definitely not an exploration game
Still doesn't explain why none of the Elder Scrolls games are on the list, given that they're pretty much the pinnacle of world exploration games (Though Minecraft is kind of close)

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
And no mention of the Just Cause games either... That makes me sad, because those maps are huge!