8 Pokémon Games You Really Should Play

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Pokémon Games You Really Should Play

With the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire we're in for some serious Pokémon fun. So let's look at some of the Pokémon games you really should be playing.

Read Full Article

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
It's not much of a list if you're not going to stray away from the main games, let alone consider that the branch-offs are quite fun given their unique gameplays.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
So the list is the main games.

Let's not get too controversial here.

[sub][sub]See, that joke works on another level, since she's known as Pika[/sub][/sub]

Methodia Chicken

Sep 9, 2014
What a wonderful confirmation that. yes, the Pokemon games do exist and in linear order too.
would be a shame if someone made a gallery illustrating any of the creative spinoffs that fall outside the main series,
that could get confusing.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
List does not contain Pokemon Conquest. 0/10

Seriously though, no Ranger? No Mystery Dungeon? No Snap? No Pinball? No Trading Card Game? Literally no anything except for the main line series list?

Garbage list is garbage.

jdogtwodolla said:
It's Pokemon

Can't I just play one and it be the same?
Yes, if you play any of the ones from this list. (Well, kind of. Every entry shows real improvement to the underlying mechanical elements, even if the high-level gameplay elements are the same) No if you instead grab Pokemon Trading Card Game or Pokemon Trozei or Pokemon Rumble or Pokemon Conquest or Pokemon Ranger or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
How about the 2 mystery dungeon games that, unlike the main games, each actually have a distinctly different story? No? Ok.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Falterfire said:
Seriously though, no Ranger? No Mystery Dungeon? No Snap? No Pinball? No Trading Card Game? Literally no anything except for the main line series list?

Garbage list is garbage.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I should play conquest one of these days, but my wallet is too pre occupied.

Still, why skip over such good games? This list feels like cheating... Although gen 3 was skipped... It just came down to the remake. *sigh* why not just recommend the remakes only then?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Falterfire said:

Garbage list is garbage.
Yeah, this, and they didn't even include some of the better main series games. How about Crystal instead of Gold & Silver, Platinum instead of Diamond & Pearl and fitting HeartGold & SoulSilver in there somewhere? Black & White 2 could have been easily dropped, while a sequel rather than a third version remake was a breath of fresh air the actual game overall wasn't among Pokemon's finest. And no X&Y? Why?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Methodia Chicken said:
What a wonderful confirmation that. yes, the Pokemon games do exist and in linear order too.
would be a shame if someone made a gallery illustrating any of the creative spinoffs that fall outside the main series,
They didn't even mention the best one.

I still have this in a drawer somewhere. XD

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Methodia Chicken said:
Well, the main purpose for this list is so that Escapist can cram advertisements per every slide.

Not the whole "putting thoughts into creating the list" bullshit.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Well, I certainly agree that there is something to like about every Pokemon game. However, I would switch out Red/Blue and Gold/Silver for their remakes. Red and Blue in particular have aged horribly.

loa said:
How about the 2 mystery dungeon games that, unlike the main games, each actually have a distinctly different story? No? Ok.
Black and White were certainly more story driven, but I agree that the list could have used more spin off games. Having Red, Blue, and Yellow take up two slots seems redundant.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
I too was bitterly disappointed when Pokemon Snap wasn't mentioned, but then again they are making a Pokemon fighting game, instead of say Pokemon Snap 2 on the Wii U, so I no longer care.

Rahkshi500

May 25, 2014
Had played all of those except the original Gold, Diamond, and haven't opened Alpha Sapphire yet...

I would love to see another game like Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
This list is bad and you should feel bad. What about the other games besides the main one? Jesus I hope nobody got paid for this.

TheMightyMeekling

Sep 10, 2014
So, the spin-offs are not pokémon games? Theres got to be one atleast, Conquest, Ranger, Mystery Dungeon. They really are quite good, on par with the main series, some maybe even better.

I am disappoint.

.|_|.

Captcha: fair and square

Captcha has been bought. You heard it here first.

#CaptchaGate

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
While its not very revolutionary the list is accurate enough.
With that said Pokemon Ranger is one of my all time favorite games. I had came in her hoping it would get a mention.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Needs pokemon stadium since you could use the pokemon you had in red, blue, or yellow in 3D for the first time. Fun minigames and the ability to play the GBC games on a TV without using a super nintendo.

Colour Scientist said:
Methodia Chicken said:
They didn't even mention the best one.

I still have this in a drawer somewhere. XD
That thing was freakin awesome and I need to find mine.