8 Reasons Ferris Bueller's Day Off Is The Best Film Of The 80's

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Reasons Ferris Bueller's Day Off Is The Best Film Of The 80's

On this day in 1986 Ferris Bueller's Day Off hit the big screen. To celebrate we're giving you eight reasons why this movie is the best film to come out of the 80's. So everyone sit back and enjoy this John Hughes masterpiece.

Read Full Article

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Just off the top of my head, I can think of a half dozen 80s films I'd rather watch instead.
Ghostbusters, Back to the Future (ninja'd), Star Trek 2, Spaceballs, any of the Indiana Jones trilogy...

Well, to each their own I guess.

Kotoriii

May 9, 2014
I agree with Ferris Bueller. Maaaybe the Breakfast Club though. It's more cult than Ferris.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Just off the top of my head, I can think of at lest 8 reasons it's not the best film of the 1980's:

The Three Amigos
The Blues Brothers
The Terminator
Predator
Rambo/First Blood
Spaceballs
Raiders of the Lost Ark (and Temple of Doom and Last Crusade)
Big Trouble in Little China
The Thing
Escape from New York
They Live
Prince of Darkness
Ghostbusters
Gremlins
Die Hard
Raising Arizona
Moving
Conan the Barbarian
Scarface
Highlander
Weekend at Bernie's
Robocop
Beverly Hill's Cop
Trading Places
Coming to America

It may be the best John Hughes film of the 80's (which is almost a genre in itself), if you like those sorts of films, but to say it's the best films of an entire decade of film making which spawned many great films across many genres is a bit of a stretch, especially when all your reasons for it being the best film of the 1980's are just quotes from the film itself, which, if you don't think Ferris Bueller's Day Off is the best film of the 1980's and would rather watch another film from the 1980's instead, aren't very convincing.

Zeras

Apr 2, 2013
I'm kinda surprised that no one said Aliens, since it came out during the '80s and was a financial success.

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
Really? Ferris Bueller wasn't even John Hughes best work. Whereas my bootleg of Big Trouble in Little China has been stuck in the VCR for years, and I've not seen a reason to try to fix it...

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Please... in a decade that game us Big Trouble in Little China, Trading Places and The Goonies, Ferris Bueller doesn't even get a look in.

Another wasted photo gallery... for shame