8 Star Wars Mods to Improve Your PC Games

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Star Wars Mods to Improve Your PC Games

These eight mods take you right into the heart of the Star Wars universe.

Read Full Article

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I agree with KOTOR II restoration mod. That one is a must have if you're replaying those games. Other than that, the only one I've played is Thrawn's Revenge for Forces of Corruption. I didn't really care for it, due to the fact the skirmish mode sucked. They locked out over half the units for some fucking reason.

I will be trying out Star Wars: Requiem though for Sins of a Solar Empire. Might rekindle my interest in that game.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Elfgore said:
I agree with KOTOR II restoration mod. That one is a must have if you're replaying those games. Other than that, the only one I've played is Thrawn's Revenge for Forces of Corruption. I didn't really care for it, due to the fact the skirmish mode sucked. They locked out over half the units for some fucking reason.

I will be trying out Star Wars: Requiem though for Sins of a Solar Empire. Might rekindle my interest in that game.
I have still not played the restored content mod for kotor 2. I was not the biggest fan of kotor 2 but everyone I have talked to says that the restored content mod makes it so much better. However I refuse on principal to do so as I would be forced to buy a new copy of the game. I think it is great that people took the time to create the mod but I cannot give money to the people who were willing to release the game in the state that it was relesed.

And I can also recommend Requiem. It is one of the best mods I have ever played for Sins. It is up there with Star Trek Armarda 3.

Sep 14, 2009
Gizmo1990 said:
Elfgore said:

I have still not played the restored content mod for kotor 2. I was not the biggest fan of kotor 2 but everyone I have talked to says that the restored content mod makes it so much better. However I refuse on principal to do so as I would be forced to buy a new copy of the game. I think it is great that people took the time to create the mod but I cannot give money to the people who were willing to release the game in the state that it was relesed.

And I can also recommend Requiem. It is one of the best mods I have ever played for Sins. It is up there with Star Trek Armarda 3.
Well if that's your only reasoning, all of star wars was bought out by disney (lucasarts is no more), so those people wouldn't be seeing a cent of it if you're buying the game now, and the restoration mod is literally what obsidian (the original developers) had intended for the game (which is why they left all those files in the game release), they were just cut back 6+ months and were given VERY late notice on that, which explains the horribly rushed job, especially at the end of the game. Also, the game is out on GOG now so it has a digital drm free release for you to do with as you please.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Just a note: for the KotOR 2 mod, that is a pic of the other restoration mod M4-78, which is different from the Restored Content Mod that is pretty much essential for the game. While TSLRCM is pretty much essential, M4-78 is a pile of hot garbage and brings the game to a fucking screeching halt in one of the worst designed experiences I have ever had in a game.

The voice acting: cringe inducing.
The quest log: nigh incomprehensible.
The environments: far and away the ugliest section of the game (before and after you clear out an annoying blue fog).

After one playthrough with that mod, I immediately uninstalled it. Some things end up on the cutting room floor for a reason.

Also I need to go back and play Sins of the Solar Empire again.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
M4-78 was brutal. The planet was too big for so little to do. The extra xp was nice, as was some of the gear, but otherwise it was just painful.

Get the Restored Content Mod, I tried the game with out it, I have not been more confused after playing it.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Not even a mention of the Star Wars Conquest Mount and Blade mod? THAT is a great Star Wars conversion mod.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
immortalfrieza said:
Not even a mention of the Star Wars Conquest Mount and Blade mod? THAT is a great Star Wars conversion mod.
Was going to write that. Am playing that mod at the moment. Lots of fun.