8 Stealth Games to Make You Feel Sneaky

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Stealth Games to Make You Feel Sneaky

If you want to be sneaky, these eight games are right up your darkened alley.

Read Full Article

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Oh, what about Tenchu: Stealth Assassins? Great PS1 era stealth game... and you're a friggin' ninja to boot. "Ichigoya, where are you hiding?"

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
No Amnesia?! What in the name of Cthulhu's hellshits is this?!

I mean Dishonored is...okay stealthy. Its still perfectly reasonable to go through the game hacking and slashing throats.

Amnesia it is literally impossible to go through the game without hiding.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
There are too many great stealth games. Or maybe that the people who like stealth games (me included), really like stealth games. Ok, admittidly I'm projecting a little...but projecting with confidence, riiight?
Oh, Styx is on my hard drive, maybe i'll give it a proper go tonight.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
crimson5pheonix said:
Where's the love for Styx? That game is sneaky fun :D
I was going to post this since its such a big omission (also weird pick with Hitman 2 and not Blood Money).

Styx is really good at being a pure stealth game. Felt closer to Thief then Dishonored to me and Dishonored is basicly Thief with powers, maybe its the mission design and goals of the player.

Also more two to mention for anyone interested (both WW2):
Death to Spies (really hard, its a mix of Commandos and Hitman)
Commandos (even harder, isometric stealth game that actually has co-op, since its all in real-time quick reflexes are needed)

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
josemlopes said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Where's the love for Styx? That game is sneaky fun :D
I was going to post this since its such a big omission (also weird pick with Hitman 2 and not Blood Money).

Styx is really good at being a pure stealth game. Felt closer to Thief then Dishonored to me and Dishonored is basicly Thief with powers, maybe its the mission design and goals of the player.

Also more two to mention for anyone interested (both WW2):
Death to Spies (really hard, its a mix of Commandos and Hitman)
Commandos (even harder, isometric stealth game that actually has co-op, since its all in real-time quick reflexes are needed)
Probably because Styx combat is very difficult, so it pushes you to stealth kills, which it punishes you for killing when you're supposed to be sneaky, you git.

Aug 31, 2012
No Tenchu eh? Lord Ghoda will not stand for this slight. I'm afraid I'm going to have to sneak into you house and kill you and any household retainers that get in my way, whilst dressed as Ayame...er, I mean Rikkimaru, definitely Rikkimaru. >_> <_<

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Tenchu is a great mention. I had kind of forgotten that one, mostly because I was primarily a PC gamer at that point in my life. Styx is good too, but it felt a little clunky on many occasions.

josemlopes said:

*snip*
I can't help it. I freaking loved Hitman 2. Blood Money was great too, but it felt more like an expansion of Hitman 2.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Gotta say, I can kind of understand "Tenchu" not being there (it has been like 5 years since the last game was released) but no "Mark of the Ninja"? That game was phenomenal!! One of the my favorite stealth games of all time, and arguably the best "Ninja" game ever made.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I am so glad Dishonoured is on this list. The 'no kills' and 'no alerts' playthrough was one of the best, most stealthy experiences I have had in a game! Brilliant... I was severely gutted over the bloody Granny Rags glitch though that stopped me getting both achievements!

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
ffronw said:
Tenchu is a great mention. I had kind of forgotten that one, mostly because I was primarily a PC gamer at that point in my life. Styx is good too, but it felt a little clunky on many occasions.

josemlopes said:

*snip*
I can't help it. I freaking loved Hitman 2. Blood Money was great too, but it felt more like an expansion of Hitman 2.
Even though I like Hitman 2 a lot too there are some things we cant pretend that never existed

PS: Also weird that you felt that Blood Money felt like an expansion to 2, arent you confusing it with Contracts?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
The original Deus Ex was an awesome stealth game. You could go through the entire game and kill maybe 2 or 3 people.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Just here to check and ensure no one was using artwork from the new Thief again to represent the original series... not that it isn't nice artwork, but my bitterness and loathing towards that new 'Thief' game knows few bounds and I'm eager to try and expunge all references to its existence from the internet.

Nitpicking aside it's a good list. I'd have tried to find a way to fit Mark of the Ninja in there maybe, but that's about it really.

syaoran728

Aug 4, 2010
I really feel that Thief 2 should've been mentioned over 1. The monster killing segments of Theif 1 really kill the game for me.