8 Terrible Movie Reboots

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Terrible Movie Reboots

These eight movie remakes would have been better off if they'd never made it to theaters.

Read Full Article

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Oh no, why did you have to remind me of the Psycho remake? Talk about a complete mockery of Hitchcock and his original classic. Everything from Vince Vaughn, the ridiculous camera cuts they added, to
that fucking scene where Norman jacks off while peeping... ffs
WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA!?

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
ffronw said:
8 Terrible Movie Reboots

These eight movie remakes would have been better off if they'd never made it to theaters.

Read Full Article
have to disagree with you on "the longest yard" being bad it wasn't and who didn't seem to fit as a football player besides sandler himself? other wise not a bad list, would suggest adding the new teenage mutant ninja turtles to that list in place of the longest yard though:)

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
The Haunting could very well be renamed as Scooby-Doo and people could have a better mindset while watching that attrocity.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Hey, I can agree with most of this list. Thank you especially for throwing in Halloween, because that did nothing to be scary. Would've laughed if you threw up Poltergeist now I that I thought about it.

The only one I'm not sure I can agree on is The Longest Yard. I really enjoyed the original but it wasn't as gritty as you make it seem, and it did have it's 3 stooges type humour so not all of it felt in place. The reboot was definitely sillier still but some of it was effective and the execution mostly worked.

404notfound

Nov 9, 2009
ecoho said:
ffronw said:
8 Terrible Movie Reboots

Read Full Article
have to disagree with you on "the longest yard" being bad it wasn't and who didn't seem to fit as a football player besides sandler himself? other wise not a bad list, would suggest adding the new teenage mutant ninja turtles to that list in place of the longest yard though:)
It depends on what is the base point that the movie is compared to, if 2005's The Longest Yard is being compared to the original: then I would say calling it bad could be justified, however, comparing it to other Adam Sandler films: it certainly isn't the best nor is it the worst. The acting is meh and characters are one directional, mostly. There is nothing really to the story: it is just cheap and or juvenile jokes threaded together for the most part, not that these are inherently bad.

That being said; it is (if I am recalling the release dates correctly) the last of Adam Sandler's movies that I can actually enjoy watching, since a fun movie is not the same as a good movie. So, in my opinion it is a below average, but enjoyable, film. It certainly is not any where near the worst films out there, but still arguably bad comparing it to the original.

I think that it is probably my favourite of the reboots on the list, but it could well deserve to be up there; since the title is "8 Terrible Movie Reboots" not "The Worst 8 Movie Reboots", and it is arguably bad. If you wanted "Top 8 Worst Movie Reboots" then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Robocop would be up there in my opinion.

Though I would argue that some films on the list, such as Psycho, are remakes and not reboots, so I wouldn't have personally put them on the list, or renamed the article title.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
Halloween was still a decent movie if you ask me. It wasn't the original, no, but still enjoyable. And honestly, I almost prefer the first half being about Michael and his descent. I was more disturbed by watching him descend into madness than any other slasher movie has done so far.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I agree with some of the other folks: leaving out the ninja turtles, the matthew broderick godzilla, and robocop remakes was a bit of an oversight. Words fail just how bad those were. Although since they were pretty recent, I can see why you'd want to focus on some other flicks. Also, I don't think an Adam Sandler flick should be on a terrible movie list just because it has Adam Sandler in it.

Remakes that really get me tend to be the American remakes of foreign films, particularly Japanese Horror. I found the US remake of Pulse not only phenomenally unscary, but it completely missed the point of the original.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I actually liked The Longest Yard, but I've never seen the original.

Also, two movies immediately come to mind as far as bad reboots go - The Amazing Spider-Man and the Burton Charlie and the Chocolate Factory film.

Dying_Jester

Jul 17, 2014
The Longest Yard and Clash of the Titans are the two movies on this list that I can say, without a doubt, that I liked the originals.

And come on, there is something fun to watch about those well done stop motion monsters. I still go back and watch Jason and the Argonauts.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
flying_whimsy said:
I agree with some of the other folks: leaving out the ninja turtles, the matthew broderick godzilla, and robocop remakes was a bit of an oversight. Words fail just how bad those were. Although since they were pretty recent, I can see why you'd want to focus on some other flicks. Also, I don't think an Adam Sandler flick should be on a terrible movie list just because it has Adam Sandler in it.

Remakes that really get me tend to be the American remakes of foreign films, particularly Japanese Horror. I found the US remake of Pulse not only phenomenally unscary, but it completely missed the point of the original.
you know its kinda sad that Godzilla was the best of the three movies you just listed........

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
klaynexas3 said:
Halloween was still a decent movie if you ask me. It wasn't the original, no, but still enjoyable. And honestly, I almost prefer the first half being about Michael and his descent. I was more disturbed by watching him descend into madness than any other slasher movie has done so far.
Even if someone didn't like Halloween, putting it in a list with Psycho, Poseidon, The Haunting... hell, pretty much every other movie on the list, is kind of silly. I find it difficult to believe there's a person alive who would consider it as bad as any of those.

Sep 14, 2009
the pure existence of terry crews as cheeseburger eddie should disqualify it from this list