8 Things That Sunk Like The Titanic

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Things That Sunk Like The Titanic

On this day in 1912 the Titanic, a big boat you should have heard about, hit an iceberg. To commemorate this event we're giving you eight things in gaming that have sunk like the boat of legend. Make sure you make it to one of the life rafts before this ship sinks.

Read Full Article

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Poor Double Fine. They always make such interesting games, but the audience is always smaller that it would seem to deserve.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Poor Double Fine. They always make such interesting games, but the audience is always smaller that it would seem to deserve.
I'm not sure if that statement is valid anymore after the success of the Broken Age and Massive Chalice kickstarters.

Citation needed: Virtual Boy was more like Oculus Rift pre-pre-alpha conceptual prototype.

flamedance58

May 2, 2008
Okami...jeez I guess kids just wanted more blood, boobs, and bad story instead eh?

And then there's Duke :p Oh duke how you've fallen so far into a valley of neverending dick jokes, poop joks, and sexualized women jokes that are older than my parents :p

Virtual Boy was a great idea, but should have waited. If Nintendo had kept the prototypes in a box until the 2000's I bet they would have beaten even Oculus Rift to the punch or bought out the company way before Facebook had the smarts to get it. Maybe then Nintendo could put out a console that would actually sell :p

Win32error

Jul 18, 2011
Most on these lists were definitely disasters, but Okami and Psychonauts? Sure they didn't make enough money, but can you call a game that doesn't sell well, but is still regarded a classic and a must-play something that sunk like the titanic?

Same goes for DNF. Yes it wasn't good, but reviews were mediocre, and sales weren't that bad (I expect). The year-long development is a shame and a disgrace, i'm pretty sure that no matter how much the game sold, the production costs were way higher...but the end product was a mediocre game with mediocre reviews and (again, speculation) acceptable sales. Not a #1 failure, at least not the final thing.

The hardware is obviously correct, but where's the gizmondo?

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
Honestly I've tried both Psychonauts and Brutal Legend and I'm not really sure what the fuzz is all about.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Qvar said:
Honestly I've tried both Psychonauts and Brutal Legend and I'm not really sure what the fuzz is all about.
I thought Psychonauts was an interesting idea, but wasn't too fun to play.